emigrating to and retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

emigrating to and retiring in Thailand

Postby fredlk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Seeing as geordie has this multi-million (or is it billion?) Baht millstone around his neck, maybe we can advise him how to do it so that he can get over here and start building.
We need his building story.

I was lucky because I had no millstones, human or otherwise and so I just upped sticks and took a plane over.
fredlk

Re: emigrating to and retiring in Thailand

Postby geordie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 pm

I hope its good advice as you know i hav a limited time scale because of my disability ?
On the other hand i tend to not worry on that one I might get hit by a bus tommorrow
(the speed i walk thats a definately maybe :lol: )
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:33 pm

geordie wrote:I hope its good advice as you know i hav a limited time scale because of my disability ?
On the other hand i tend to not worry on that one I might get hit by a bus tommorrow
(the speed i walk thats a definately maybe :lol: )

Geordie: When you manage to make the move things will change .... here the biggest danger is being INSIDE a bus :(

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh boy how right you are the times i have seen the bus from chaing mai udon chaiyaphum
Parked in the middle or a rice paddy on a sharp bend ? i actually did get on a bus going from Khaeng khro to chayaphum only once the driver looke like he was on more medication than me and his final destination was BKK 4 hrs away after half an hour i was glad to get off not an experience i want to repeat if i am to die in a vehicle i want to be in control of it
geordie

Postby elgato » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:09 pm

fredlk wrote:Seeing as geordie has this multi-million (or is it billion?) Baht millstone around his neck, maybe we can advise him how to do it so that he can get over here and start building.
We need his building story.

I was lucky because I had no millstones, human or otherwise and so I just upped sticks and took a plane over.

So, when are you coming over geordie? Can't wait to see you in "action" :lol:
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby geordie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

elgato wrote:

To hell with that i am buying a place :roll:

Have you any idea how many ways things can get screwed up :lol: :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby elgato » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

geordie wrote:
elgato wrote:

To hell with that i am buying a place :roll:

Have you any idea how many ways things can get screwed up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Fred can get you a discount on his neighbor's house. It looks about finished! :lol:
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby nanbuilder » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

Geordie, do you have land yet, or a location in mind? or are you like me - eyes closed and a pin in the map job? I kid you not - map of SE Asia open and the pin after several rovolutions with eyes closed went straight into Chiang Mai Muang - I would still be there now if I had not met wifey (originally from Nan) and I took a real liking to her orchard :P
nanbuilder

Postby geordie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:47 am

we have land in kaeng khro nr chaiyaphum but given three sponging brothers i would prefer to put enough distance between us that they cannot afford the petrol to visit :roll: I would prefer south further
I actually love pattaya but could not stand the noise 24/7 so a short drive away from there would be nice but i intend to have a good look around all the different regions while i am there so wherever i do end up it will be a sort of recuperation point we have a house in Rangsit :lol: :lol: next door to her sisters house fully furnished and fully unused in five years we have to date not spent a night there but my tools car motorbike diving gear are all kept there safe from thieving hands look no further than her brothers on that score i was of course joking about buying rather than building but i may have to build two houses one very modest very small very cluttered that we use primarily as storage the other we live in the family get to visit the storage area only so no room to get comfortable any questions on the other house and it will belong to a rich american who is never there :lol: :lol: :lol: but he lets us use it
geordie

Return to Life in Thailand