Teak interior door manufacturer

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Teak interior door manufacturer

Postby basjke » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi all,

Here I'm again with a request.I want to install teak interior doors in my house.I know that on every cornewr of the street there is a door dealer,and I also have been to that neighbourhood near Bangkok that has a few streets dedicated to wood doors and products.However i can't recognize a decent teak door from a half decent or crap one.Most important is that the wood is dry of course.

For that reason I would like to find the real door factory's,like there must be upcountry where you can be see that the wood is dried in those ovens for that purpose.
I heard that there are factory's in Khorat but probably also in other places.I don't mind to travel a few hundred kilometers to be sure that I have a top quality product,as in my opinion the cheaper cost of the door will repay the travel cost and I rather pay a bit more if I can be sure i have a good product than pay less for doors you have to replace after a few years.

However it is difficult to start driving upcountry when you don't have a clue where to start.

Anyone here who has some references to share?
basjke

Re: Teak interior door manufacturer

Postby Maseratimartin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 am

I think Roger has some contact around Bangkok....!

Roger...yor help is needed!
Maseratimartin

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:14 pm

basjke,
I live in Nontharburi and my 11 custom wooden doors are all being made to order by a reliable company. The lady who owns/runs it is a friend of one of my Thai friends, so there will be no funny business. If you're interested I'll post the information, but be warned, her English is nearly non-existant and if she's in the factory, she locks the phone in her draw in the office, so she won't answer it.
Roger Ramjet

Postby basjke » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:basjke,
I live in Nontharburi and my 11 custom wooden doors are all being made to order by a reliable company. The lady who owns/runs it is a friend of one of my Thai friends, so there will be no funny business. If you're interested I'll post the information, but be warned, her English is nearly non-existant and if she's in the factory, she locks the phone in her draw in the office, so she won't answer it.

Roger,I would be very pleased if you would post the information,for emergency's I will be able to find a Thai person to communicate with her.

If possible,do you have any idea of price indication for a simple teak interior door standard size.With simple I mean no carvings,just a contemporary style.

Thanks in advance.
basjke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 am

basjke,
The price will depend on the type of wood and where the wood is from. There are about four different types of teak wood available, some very expensive, some cheaper. There are dozens of doors of the type you talk about on display around the factory and range from 6,000 baht upwards. I'll post the info later when I get it off my wife.
Roger Ramjet

Postby basjke » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 pm

The price will depend on the type of wood and where the wood is from. There are about four different types of teak wood available, some very expensive, some cheaper. There are dozens of doors of the type you talk about on display around the factory and range from 6,000 baht upwards. I'll post the info later when I get it off my wife.

Hi Roger,just a kind reminder that I'm still waiting for your info.
basjke

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am

I'll post the info later :arrow: :arrow: when I get it off my wife. :!: :!:

He is probably hanging it out for the consultancy fee just send the payment to Shonky building consultancy services PO BOX NO 37651 BKK
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 pm

basjke,
I really do apologise for my tardiness. Here's the phone numbers, the lady's name is Rut and the phone numbers are 02-583-2259 and if she doesn't answer, she will have locked the phone in the draw, so call 087-926-5856.
I am really impressed with the way they sanded back the wood for the frames in my house (photo posted). I hope the doors look as good.
Roger Ramjet

Postby basjke » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I really do apologise for my tardiness. Here's the phone numbers, the lady's name is Rut and the phone numbers are 02-583-2259 and if she doesn't answer, she will have locked the phone in the draw, so call 087-926-5856.
I am really impressed with the way they sanded back the wood for the frames in my house (photo posted). I hope the doors look as good.

Thanks for the info Roger,I will give her a call in the next few days.Do you have by any chance the address,or even better gps coordinates :) ,as I know to get the address or driving directions from a Thai can be a hard job.

One more thing,can you please direct me to the photo you mention in your post.
basjke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 pm

basjke,
The best way to find it is to travel to Pak Kret junction (five ways) down Chaeng Wattana Road, turn right onto Tiwanon Road and travel about 3 miles to the road leading to Muang Thong Thani on the right. About 20 yards before that intersection on the lefthand side of Tiwanon Road is the factory. There is parking for about 5 cars and a very small show area. The factory stretches back behind the shop and display area.
You'll find the photo of the frames on the second last page of my building story, near the bottom... here's the link; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=720
Roger Ramjet

Postby basjke » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:09 pm

The best way to find it is to travel to Pak Kret junction (five ways) down Chaeng Wattana Road, turn right onto Tiwanon Road and travel about 3 miles to the road leading to Muang Thong Thani on the right. About 20 yards before that intersection on the lefthand side of Tiwanon Road is the factory. There is parking for about 5 cars and a very small show area. The factory stretches back behind the shop and display area.
You'll find the photo of the frames on the second last page of my building story, near the bottom... here's the link; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=720

Thanks again Roger,I will try to look it up in Mapsource first using the directions you gave and give them a visit next week.Will keep you updated about the result.
basjke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:26 am

basjke,
There are a few landmarks around that area that will tell you, you are close. There are about 10 huge blocks of unfinished flats (you can see them for miles) that are on the Muang Thong Thani turn off road. There is also a Toyota secondhand guaranteed used car showroom on the opposite corner. It's only a T intersection and it's the only one with traffic lights for some distance. If you come from Chaeng Wattana Road along Tiwanon Road with a passenger you can't miss it.
For a small fee the lady will have her workers sand the wood back with the finest grain paper available, which is what they did with mine. Don't forget to also order the frame wood at the same time. The lady can produce samples of everything within 30 minutes, so if you're set on one type of wood, she'll have her workers sand it back for your inspection there and then. Wood from either America or New Zealand she has to order and takes two weeks. In the end I settled for light coloured wood, heavy fine grained wood for the frames and lighter wood for the doors, all with stained glass inserted.
She has massive catalogues of ever conceivable pattern (all numbered) you could think of and one of her machines can be controlled by a computer to cutout the pattern. Have a look at her catalogues of stained glass that can be inserted, it will make your mind boggle and if you are married it will take a long, long, long, long, long time to get the right one and then they'll change their mind at least three times.
Good luck.
Roger Ramjet

Return to windows and doors