medical problems stemming from Building my house in Sattahip

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

medical problems stemming from Building my house in Sattahip

Postby fredlk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

I didn't want to soil my otherwise tidy building story :wink: , but the next (small) problem has arisen. The skin on my one hand is quite dry and flakey. I've never had this before. It is most probably the antibiotics doing this to me, but it might be the water although then 2 hands would be affected.

I'm not worried, not looking for answers, but before we have another discussion on a building story I thought I might mention it here on a dedicated thread. :D
I am / we all are getting older and maybe after all the building has ceased we will be talking about our ailments more and more as people do in care-homes.
fredlk

Re: medical problems stemming from Building my house in Satt

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm

There will certainly be stress related problems to discuss the odd accident injury but bad backs aches and pains should be natural age related :cry:
otherwise you are doing it wrong the labour you are paying for should have those :lol: :lol:
Fred do a quick check on the well for algae get a mop and lash it to a length of blue pipe and use it to take a swab down the well see if during the time of drilling and the time of using its contaminated itself if it come up green you need to sterilise the well with a couple of gallons of bleach or chlorine
P S use a new mop head you will be washing in that water later
It may well be the well/aquefer is held in a different rock foremation to the supply in BKK where you were used to it
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 pm

:wink: I think you should just ship geordie over. I'm sure by the sound of it he would have you all fixed up in a jiffy. :wink:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm

BKKBILL wrote::wink: I think you should just ship geordie over. I'm sure by the sound of it he would have you all fixed up in a jiffy. :wink:

Geordie has solutions to a lot of life's problems. I suppose it comes from having to be indoors so much in the nasty British weather.
I bet when he moves here he will have better things to do than to help me solve my problems, but until then I'll take his free advice gladly. :D
(Other farang have been known to charge exorbitant fees for just this - I have the dent in my bank balance to prove it.)
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 pm

fredlk wrote:(Other farang have been known to charge exorbitant fees for just this - I have the dent in my bank balance to prove it.)

I did read about that nasty tale. Although still think geordie would be able and would find the time if a ticket was sent to him. :D
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Now I am not a hypochondriac and I always take great care of myself. I once fell down the wet stairs in the house in Bangkok and so I built a house without stairs. I am very mindful of all my actions and all my movements so that I don't injure myself, but even though I know this house inside-out something is contnually happening. It doesn't even sound real but honestly, 30 minutes ago, while checking on the lonely goldfish in their tank outside, I somehow lost my balance and went crashing forwards about 1 metre and was stopped by the crunch of the side of my skull on the wall. I have no idea how it happened except maybe it's these darn antibiotics that are ruining my quality of life. I've been alone here now for a few days and it's becoming dangerous to even move. :(

I repaired the damage by washing this newest wound in (medicinal) alcohol and I've put on an antibiotic cream for a while. I've had the shots, the pills and so I can't catch anything anymore but I think I'll stay sitting on this chair until after taking the last pill coming Thursday. I even had the whole garden levelled and cleared so that I wouldn't stand on some glass or a snake and where the garden drops a level, Amnuay created stairs for me as I'm always slipping. I'm not even that old. :roll:

I was thinking of starting a topic Sattahip Bugs' Life, but instead I might start Fred's Wounds Inflicted By His New House. :lol:
I'm not concussed I think, but if reading this anyone thinks I am please let me know.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Firstly BKBILL huge thanks keep on he might give in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Secondly Fredic my schedule is pretty clear and i cannot wait to get out of here so listen to Bill

Third fredic start wearing an american footbal suit/outfit you may make it the week :!:

Fourth i raised three boys as a single dad for 15 yrs having a phobia against the whole medical profession the first aid was also the last aid :lol: but they all survived most injuries the youngest boy steven was amazing also the most accident prone but he had this ability to ignore pain initially for chocolate then as he got older and wiser (age 7) money became a better anesthetic

And last on the list part of my job was first aider with the unusual qulification of resusitation for confined space working thankfully i needed that once only for carbon monoxide poisonong and twenty minuites on oxegen he was ok (after a check at hospital)
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:51 am

geordie wrote:Firstly BKBILL huge thanks keep on he might give in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Secondly Fredic my schedule is pretty clear and i cannot wait to get out of here so listen to Bill
Third fredic start wearing an american footbal suit/outfit you may make it the week :!:
Fourth i raised three boys as a single dad for 15 yrs having a phobia against the whole medical profession the first aid was also the last aid :lol: but they all survived most injuries the youngest boy steven was amazing also the most accident prone but he had this ability to ignore pain initially for chocolate then as he got older and wiser (age 7) money became a better anesthetic
And last on the list part of my job was first aider with the unusual qulification of resusitation for confined space working thankfully i needed that once only for carbon monoxide poisonong and twenty minuites on oxegen he was ok (after a check at hospital)

Okay, I'm sold. How much is your plane ticket? Can you live in one of the workers shacks or will it need upgrading?
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 am

Two tickets and freight for five jack rusells she can stay in the shack (the wife) i have freinds in pattaya 8) you can borrow the mutts but i will check in daily :roll:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 am

geordie wrote:Two tickets and freight for five jack rusells she can stay in the shack (the wife) i have freinds in pattaya 8) you can borrow the mutts but i will check in daily :roll:

We'd have to go halves on the fares. If your wife cooks a decent Thai meal I'll take her on and the dogs. You can visit every so often.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:57 am

Tempting very tempting :mrgreen:
she actually has learnt to cook english food probably better than thai :!: she does a wicked roast dinner with all the trimmings just not beef or lamb :cry: :cry: its one tradition i intend to follow up on over there
Maybe someone knows the name it might be the queen vic? and i think soi six pattaya and they do a half decent roast worth a visit
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 am

geordie wrote:Tempting very tempting :mrgreen:

I knew you would be able to handle this geordie.

I have heard jack rusells are very good at snake control and/or anything that moves for that matter. :P

Rather than coughing up half the fare I would leave the wife over there to look after your pending house sale.

Of course you would already know this but I think completely new surroundings on top of those mind altering drugs could be a problem.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 am

BKKBILL wrote:I have heard jack rusells are very good at snake control and/or anything that moves for that matter.

I want to buy 2 jack Russells for this very purpose, but can't seem to find any anywhere. If these come with geordie's wife in one package, so be it.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 am

........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: There you go geordie my job here is done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pack light.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Flakey skin gone. No accidents today. Dressed my own wound. The one wound is closed with a scab.
The other I washed with a saline solution and then put on the intrasite gel before covering it with gauze.
All I need now is to get through these antibiotics.
fredlk

Next

Return to Life in Thailand