House Building, Sisaket

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Sisaket: Wall, wrong or right side...

Postby Treysd3 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:22 am

Mishark wrote:I must pay attention to detail...
I must pay attention to detail...
I must pay attention to detail...

Yes, I must! They have almost finished building the wall, but unfortunately, at the moment I am feeling like they have built it with the ugly side towards us. I thought a wall, was a wall, flat on both sides, but it appears not... (And yes, I was not paying attention)

Hey Mishark,

once they finish with the render the wall will look great. It really doesnt matter which side of the wall show the posts. Everything looks great.

Trey
Treysd3

Re: House Building, Sisaket

Postby sezze » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Once they render the wall you can ask them ( and i think they do it standard ) to put lines in the render where the posts are . This way , the post will not stick out but is accented and you can give thet lines whatever color you want to really make them stand out .

Yes , everybody is aiming at some of the luxurious buildings here on CTH . However , this is just not possible for 2 reasons . Money being reason nr 1 , and 2nd but to at least the same amount is that your house has to fit in the neighbourhood IMHO . That is what i meant by putting a house in the village instead of building a house in "a village". How would people feel back home if suddenly your neighbour is putting a multimillion home nextdoor .
sezze

Postby Mishark » Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 am

OK, composure regained, and yes the wall is starting to look good:

(Thanks everybody for your support)

WallHalfRender.JPG
WallHalfRender.JPG (66.76 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

WallRendered1.JPG
WallRendered1.JPG (76.2 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Also, we got the following TV satellite installed as it is a one off payment (B3,000). Have seen it advertised for circa B1,900, so not sure waht the extra B1,100 is for, but seems to be a few english language programs on it, so hopefully will provide some entertainment.

SatelliteDish.JPG
SatelliteDish.JPG (75.96 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Also, we went to DoHome yesterday to buy tiles to finish off the rest of the house. Apparently we had already paid the builder for this, but the builder did a runner, so we have to buy them again! I think I remember asking the girlfriend if the tiles had been delivered already, but she said they had to be paid for first (all could have been avoided by sticking to what I had read on CTH!). Oh well, still a cheap house...

Also, the girlfriend wants to create a permanent structure for the shop rather then the hut that it currently lives in (Damn, I like the hut!). She has big world domination plans, but I have told her this is one enterprise that she will have to develop alone (Including building the shop)! I have no interest in providing capital or being involved. She asked if she could sell her gold. I told her, completely up to her - I don't wear any and don't like the reasons why "mia farang" wear it...
Mishark

Postby fredlk » Sun May 15, 2011 9:03 am

Mishark wrote:Also, we got the following TV satellite installed as it is a one off payment (B3,000).

Is it connected to the internet or is it stand-alone with a set-top-box? What programs do you get?
fredlk

Postby Mishark » Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 am

Good point, it is a set top box and here is a picture of it:

Satellite Set Top Box.JPG
Satellite Set Top Box.JPG (25.69 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

No idea if any good, had a quick flick through the channels, seems to be over 100 channels, but only a handful of english language ones. Tried looking on the internet but did not find anything useful or interesting. If anybody knows, keen to hear or else I will post once I know more...

Strangely it was at my insistance that we got it, but that was more based on the low one off charge, and knowing there were at least some english channels on it... :?
Mishark

Postby sezze » Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

What satellite is it aimed at ? There are quite a few which you can have in Thailand . Thaicom 5 is the most used as it has the most channels and is probably also the best for Thais . There are not a lot of foreign ( Western ) channes on it . Other satellites sometimes have more choice , but do not expect to have many interesting western channels without subscribtion ( as is payment ) .
sezze

Postby Mishark » Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 am

The satellites I have access to are:

ThaiCom 5 C
ThaiCom 5KU
NSS6 KU
ChinaSat 6B
AsiaSat-5
AsiaSat-3S

Hmmm, you might be right - either a subscription or not a lot (there is a few) of English...
Mishark

Sisaket: Tiles, Shop and School!

Postby Mishark » Wed May 18, 2011 11:18 am

I did not notice until it had already been done! But, after the discussion about how the wall should look, especially at the front, they doubled the bricks up (at the front) so the wall is now flat, and looks GREAT!

Wall (Double brick).JPG
Wall (Double brick).JPG (75.12 KiB) Viewed 931 times

Wall (Front).JPG
Wall (Front).JPG (75.83 KiB) Viewed 931 times

The tiles we bought a week ago, have now been delivered:

Tiles (Lounge-Kitchen-Bedroom).JPG
Tiles (Lounge-Kitchen-Bedroom).JPG (42.72 KiB) Viewed 931 times

Tiles & Rice.JPG
Tiles & Rice.JPG (49.96 KiB) Viewed 931 times

In the picture above are two large sacks of unprocessed rice. Apparently cheaper to buy like that and get them de-husked yourself then buying already processed rice. Probably only talking about saving a few baht (and not a lot) but it makes the girlfriend happy, so...

Yesterday columns for the shop got delivered. Apparently I had been told that they had been ordered, but when they arrived I was clueless!

Shop Columns.JPG
Shop Columns.JPG (73.32 KiB) Viewed 931 times

And then the bill came: B3,300. Not a lot of money, but I was not too happy having to pay for them, given that I had made it clear that it was up to her to finance. Later the girlfriend gave (and I took) her gold ring: (Harsh or Fair?!)

Shop Payment.JPG
Shop Payment.JPG (70.53 KiB) Viewed 931 times

Apparently the project manager went to the bank to get a loan for the money that I thought he had run off with! And... the loan HAS been approved! On Thursday (tomorrow) he is supposed to be in contact to give us the money to finish the house! Again, not holding my breath, but maybe, just maybe... (Maybe give the girlfriend some of that money for the shop?!)

Today was the first day back to school. This family kid was fine to go but came back crying about an hour later! Apparently the same as last year! And so she did not attend for a whole year! Parents are working today, so girlfriend took over and insisted she HAD to go! And so she went back in a tantrum...

School First Day.JPG
School First Day.JPG (50.64 KiB) Viewed 931 times

Hopefully she will stay there and come to enjoy it!
Mishark

Postby Maseratimartin » Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Mishark, some good advice...

Keeping your girlfriend/ wife busy is keeping her away from doing something stupid! :wink:

Asuming that you love her you don't want anybody else sticking a ring back on her finger...?!
Maseratimartin

Postby Mishark » Wed May 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Martin: Don't worry. It is NOT an engagement ring or a wedding ring. It is ONLY jewellery.
Mishark

Postby geordie » Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

It is not only jewelry to a thai give her back the ring it,s of little value to you and tell her you apreciate the gesture but cash later would be ok and you can loan her a little so she understands she has to pay it back help her to set it up so it works and teach her the profit and loss system of running a buisness do,nt forget to bill her for electricity she is using from the house :lol: :lol: :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Re: Sisaket: Tiles, Shop and School!

Postby BKKBILL » Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Mishark wrote:Later the girlfriend gave (and I took) her gold ring: (Harsh or Fair?!)

I think we all know what will be happening with this ring in the not to distant future. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Sisaket: Home Security

Postby Mishark » Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 am

Yes, I know, should never show off your toys for fear of being robbed.
...but then again, sometimes you just need something big to fill the gaps!

Window1.JPG
Window1.JPG (47 KiB) Viewed 852 times

And the same again for the kitchen window:

Window2.JPG
Window2.JPG (68.97 KiB) Viewed 849 times

You will notice a theme to confuse any robbers - placing the box upside down! (Clever huh?!)

And to add farther completion to foil any plans, no standard door:

Front Door.JPG
Front Door.JPG (45.28 KiB) Viewed 852 times

And then, just to make sure we have enough security, have access to the neighbours dog:

Guard Dog.JPG
Guard Dog.JPG (61.11 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Good to know all possible precautions have been taken!

:lol:
Mishark

Postby Ians » Mon May 23, 2011 8:14 am

Pleased to see you are well prepared.
Ians

Postby sezze » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

A 50 inch in the village , you must be the 1st one and probably everybody knows it allready and are happy to come and watch :lol: . How's the quality of view , i guess through satellite it must be pretty good ?? I wouldn't put a 50 inch on the antenna system since it would be very awfull .
sezze

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story