ceiling fans

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

ceiling fans

Postby runker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:05 pm

I found this web site in "Fine Home Building" magazine http://www.bigassfans.com/residential/index.html not sure about the prices or if you can even buy them in Thailand. Looking at the photos of some of builds on CTH the choice of ceiling fans seem to be undersized for the size of the room.
runker

Re: ceiling fans

Postby fredlk » Sun May 01, 2011 9:03 am

In the May 2011 edition of Architectural Record there is an advertisement by http://modernfan.com/products.html.
Some different models here as well although this is a North American publication.
Screen shot .jpg
fredlk

Postby Ians » Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Think they got the spelling wrong - "pensi"
Attachments
productThumb_pensi[1].gif
productThumb_pensi[1].gif (4.25 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
Ians

Postby Ians » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 pm

But got this one right - ballHugger
Attachments
productThumb_ballHugger[1].gif
productThumb_ballHugger[1].gif (4.93 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
Ians

Postby Shastadad » Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 am

Who has the best selection of ceiling fans here in Thailand ?
Shastadad

Postby pattayapope » Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 am

As I think you are a Pattaya area resident I would go to Numchai in Naklua road or the electrical hardware shop on Theprasit road, more or less opposite the PTT garage. They both have several catalogs and can generally get the product sent from Bangkok within a few days, Numchai seem a little cheaper from my experiance. The biggest I could find was 56" three blade but there are plenty in the 52" range, don't get any with the blades with a kind of woven center they tend to absorbe moisture and hang like spaniels ears after a while[*] :lol:
pattayapope

Postby Shastadad » Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks pattayapope went to Numchai on Naklua road and they even gave me a couple of brochure / catalogs to take home

If anyone else goes, look for the PHILLIPS blue logo signs to get the correct Numchai. It is at the intersection of Naklua Rd and Naklua Soi 9 , just south of Sawang-Fa, if you come in from Sukumvit
Shastadad

Postby mathewdisoza » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I have join the discussion now it is the place i was searching for. To gain knowledge and search for some learning discussion.
Thanks
mathewdisoza

Postby ralph11 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

I have a ceiling fan with lights that I want a dimmer switch on. The lights are on their own switch (not a two-way), the fan is on its own switch. I installed a dimmer switch on the lights and it works just fine... EXCEPT when the ceiling fan switch is on. If the fan is off, no problem; if the fan is on, the dimmer malfunctions: lights won't dim all the way, turn themselves back on after being turned off, turn themselves off after being turned on, etc.

I did the same thing to a similar light/fan combo downstairs and it works fine. What went wrong? Any suggestions?
ralph11

Postby pattayapope » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:48 pm

It sounds like you have got the live an neutrals somehow mixed up, normally I would say you could not do this from what I have seen on fans over here in Thailand but you are posting from the States and they could well be wired differently and as you say, you made on work already. Can you take a picture of the switch and wiring behind it so I can get an idea how it might be wired.
pattayapope

Return to cooling systems