Prices of building blocks and bricks ?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

truck delivery

Postby cruzing » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:03 pm

Kondee wrote:Thanx for explain.... :wink:
Well... so it?s like all around the world...costs for delivery is the most expensive on it. So some peoples should check how expensive it is to rent a truck with a driver for pic the material up from shop. :?:

As far renting a truck and driver yourself, I don't think the cost would probably be that different. The only advantage is that you could travel in the evening instead of during the day.......daytime is when you have trouble with the police. If they stop you they will want money. get my drift???

In the states ,for example, you can have a delivery truck come to your house anytime of day without having to think about them being hasseled by the police.......unless they get caught for speeding or their truck is polluting the environment.

cruzing
cruzing

Re: truck delivery

Postby Kondee » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:36 am

cruzing wrote:
Kondee wrote:Thanx for explain.... :wink:
Well... so it?s like all around the world...costs for delivery is the most expensive on it. So some peoples should check how expensive it is to rent a truck with a driver for pic the material up from shop. :?:

As far renting a truck and driver yourself, I don't think the cost would probably be that different. The only advantage is that you could travel in the evening instead of during the day.......daytime is when you have trouble with the police. If they stop you they will want money. get my drift???

In the states ,for example, you can have a delivery truck come to your house anytime of day without having to think about them being hasseled by the police.......unless they get caught for speeding or their truck is polluting the environment.

cruzing

ok...yes i got it :lol: A good saying in thailand seems to be:
"Be friendly to police and he will close his eyes " :roll:
Kondee

Postby teletiger » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:56 pm

And his hand open, Kondee. :(
regards
teletiger

Postby Kondee » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:29 am

teletiger wrote:And his hand open, Kondee. :(
regards

Slogan should call: "his hand is always open and our purse is always empty"...right?lol :D
Kondee

Postby teletiger » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:27 pm

Anyone interested in the 14 cm cement blocks can phone KT blocks on 036-314601. I purchased mine for 7 baht + delivery (5.5Baht) On phoning them this afternoon I was informed that the 14cm's had gone up to 8 baht :?
But some good news...the 9cm's can be had for 4.5 baht. If you're thinking of self service, the larger blocks are 13.5 kilos each. KT blocks are situated just outside Saraburi on route2 towards Pak Chong.
regards
teletiger

Postby Kondee » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:11 am

teletiger wrote:Anyone interested in the 14 cm cement blocks can phone KT blocks on 036-314601. I purchased mine for 7 baht + delivery (5.5Baht) On phoning them this afternoon I was informed that the 14cm's had gone up to 8 baht :?
But some good news...the 9cm's can be had for 4.5 baht. If you're thinking of self service, the larger blocks are 13.5 kilos each. KT blocks are situated just outside Saraburi on route2 towards Pak Chong.
regards

7 bath is really cheap...whow....it?s a pitty i do not stay in thailand yet... :? Normaly price is about 11 bath...right?
Kondee

Postby dozer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Yes, I noticed that also, really cheap. Sounds like a great recommendation. The ones I saw purchased around here were more than 11 baht each and that was last year (when prices were cheaper)
dozer
Site Admin

Building blocks and bricks: price update 2009

Postby jazzman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:03 am

Standard breezeblocks 19 x 39 x 7 still 3.50 each and delivery free everywhere, always. 12.5 bricks per m2.
Small red bricks 15 x 6 x 3 still 0.70 - 0.75 each and delivery free everywhere, always. 135 bricks per m2.

Almost every village in Thailand has its own producer of those two items.
SEE: http://coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/thumbnails.php?album=31 for all you need to know about Thai breezeblocks.
It may help avoid confusion if members could attach a picture of the bricks they are describing and quoting prices on.
Here's the standard 39 x 19 x 7 breezeblock - อิฐบล็อค (itbloc):
itblock.jpg
and here's the little red brick - it's really tiny, don't confuse it with a UK brick. :
redbrick.jpg
redbrick.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 4484 times

cruzing wrote:...when you have trouble with the police. If they stop you they will want money. get my drift???
cruzing

And not just money. Driving a large utility vehicle laden with building materials is considered work.
Working even for free on your own house, without a work permit in Thailand can have serious consequences. The minimum is usually an overnight stay in a police cell, and deportation the next day over the nearest border, with a mention in the passport "Re-entry to the Kingdom of Thailand not permitted." It has happened, and police checks on trucks are very frequent, even at night especially in rural areas, and there are mandatory stops at weigh stations on the highways.

Never attempt transporting wood yourself if you can hep it - even if it is legal and you a re driving a pipckup, it can be time-consuming: police are wise to the smugglers' trick of coating teak with cement and throwing some construction tools over it, in an attempt to pass it off as used formwork and will stop you and tell you to unload and reload the whole lot - been there, done that :mrgreen:
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Prices of building blocks and bricks ?

Postby Ajax » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:10 am

I would like to know if anyone have experience with pricing of doing the brick laying. I am going to Thailand for building the external and internal walls for my house during october this year (next month). I will use superblocks all over.
I would save time in collecting offer ( prices) if I had something to compare at.
All over it will be a total of 240 m2 external and internal walls.
Ajax

Postby dozer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

Your best bet is to get two or three estimates. Sometimes in the lack of anything better I do a back of the envelope calculation to approximate how much profit will be involved. I start with an approximate man days estimate. You can always ask the contractor how many people he will use and how long it will take. These estimates (by the contractor) are normally fairly accurate. Say it will be 2 week with 3 people or 42 man days + 14 foreman days. The basic labor cost is 250 per day labor + 500 per day foreman so you might calculate 10500 + 7000 = 17500 total if you were using day labor. Then you would need to add some profit buffer (say 10%) to get to something reasonable. As far as the amount of time it will take to lay the blocks, the aerated blocks are laid fairly fast, it is the external render which takes time.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby jazzman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 am

if you are afraid of the cost of building with superblock, you may simply wish to consider the economy of building with conventional materials (breezeblock), and using labour methods and rendering that the majority of Thai labourers are familiar with.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby English Tim » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi. Re- the price of blocks. I live in Naklua and have found the best price to be over the Sukhumvit, the easiest way for me to explain how to get there is :- Go past the Dolphin roundabout heading down into Naklua approx one mile, (where the road is now level ) you'll come to a set of traffic lights,turn right, go up this road passing on the right the Banglamung Post Office, a little further also passing the Banglamung Hospital turning keep going for another 250 yds and you'll come to the Sukhumvit. Turn right, (now heading back towards town) take the first turning on the left, approx 150 yds and the Concrete yard is up on the left about half a mile. They make different sizes of blocks including 4" and 6" along with caisons,post's etc. and i found them over the years to have given me some sensible prices and their good time wise for delivering. N.B. This road the block yard is on has also where the water payment ( for those of you who have not paid your bill on time ) office is, and would eventualy take you round to the reservoir. Hope this maybe useful,regards Tim the Carpenter.
English Tim

Postby erikr69 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 am

i am wondering if anyone has done a calculation on the percentage difference (say per 10sqm) of the cost to build the walls with breeze block, small brick or QCON.
erikr69

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 am

Hi, yes, it's all been battled out in these pages over the years, you may have to search the board a bit using Qcon or such search words in the search box. If I remember rightly , because of the price and the special glue, the Qcon (or other brands such as Superblock) work out at about five times more expensive per square meter of wall surface. There are some very minor labour savings - minor because the labour is the cheapest commodity - and it has been argued that the use of Qcon obviates the need for steel reinforced concrete window frames and door lintels.

You will need to get up to date prices for Qcon or Superblock from your local hardware store of builders' merchant. Breezblock costs the same erywhere, (4 baht to 4.50 baht each, for the 19 x 39 x 7 blocks) you need 13 bricks per square metre.
jazzman

Postby Sunpax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Prices i got last week :

bag 50 kg ciment Tiger : 133 b..."elephant" ? : 135 B and chang : 115 B........type one 95 b

Very small brick :1.5 b...larger one 18x 7 : 5.3 b
ciment blocks : 4.4 b

rebar 6mm :49 b....9mm : 100 b...12mm : 194 b ...18mm : 345 b : for 10 metres long.

Cpac concrete :1700 b m3

any comment ?
Sunpax

PreviousNext

Return to material prices & building costs