Prices of building blocks and bricks ?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Prices of building blocks and bricks ?

Postby motorhomes4sale » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:04 pm

What are the approximate prices for :

Regular cement blocks 5 Kg ?

Heavy cemant blocks 13 Kg ?

Superblocks ?

Small red bricks ?

Also what are cinder block ? what size are they ? price ?

Which building blocks / bricks are the best to build in ? which type are
the most used ?
motorhomes4sale

Re: Prices of building blocks and bricks ?

Postby the limey » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm

motorhomes4sale wrote:What are the approximate prices for :

Regular cement blocks 5 Kg ?

Heavy cemant blocks 13 Kg ?

Superblocks ?qcon 25 baht

Small red bricks ? 65 satang

Also what are cinder block ? what size are they ? price ?they are breeze blocks, 3.5 baht

Which building blocks / bricks are the best to build in ? which type are
the most used ?red bricks are the most used
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:08 am

what sort of a reply is that " limey " :?
motorhomes4sale

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:23 am

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time, if you read the quote I done from you you will see prices in it for half of your questions, so my reply answered half your questions, I'm sorry that that is not enough for you but I feel sure someone else will come along and answer the rest of them and then you can also reply to them
what sort of a reply is that " limey "
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:29 am

Thanks for prices limey, I didnt see them first time I must be going blind.
motorhomes4sale

Postby Attila » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:12 am

the limey wrote:Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time, if you read the quote I done from you you will see prices in it for half of your questions, so my reply answered half your questions, I'm sorry that that is not enough for you but I feel sure someone else will come along and answer the rest of them and then you can also reply to them
what sort of a reply is that " limey "

@Limey, your answer was indeed not easy to see, also I did not see it and did assume you just had a too nervous finger on the submit button, and the real answer would come later.

May be you could make it bold or give it a different color if you put your answer inside of the quote, that would be easier to notice.

@motorhomes4sale:
The 60cm*20cm*20cm QCon blocks (other brand for superblock) I did see for 40 - 50 baht, plus VAT. this is the loadbearing one which you can use for outside walls.

The 60cm*20cm*10cm QCon blocks are usually exactly half of that price, so I assume Limey did answer the price for them. these thinner blocks I see often used to replace the bricks between the columns in a column style wall, or for some inner walls in columnless constructions.
Attila

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:41 am

Do you have the same problem reading newspapers? ie you can not see half the words? hope it aint you thats reading the plans for my mansion :)
the limey

Postby Attila » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:25 am

the limey wrote:Do you have the same problem reading newspapers? ie you can not see half the words? hope it aint you thats reading the plans for my mansion :)

Come on limey, your answer was inside a quote, and that's where the quote/the question is, and not the answer / comment. So that's not where your eyes usually look for the answer.
Attila

Postby teletiger » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:42 pm

getting back to the subject-matter, (hope this is not too late), I've just purchased 39x19x9cm cement blocks for 5 baht and 39x19x14 for 7 baht.
A big problem was delivery (about 100km one way) 1.5 baht each for the 9cms and 5 baht for the 14 cms! This is from a brickyard outside Saraburi. A yard in Korat wanted 5.5 baht for the 9cms and 15 BAHT!!! for the 14cms plus delivery.
regards
teletiger

Postby dozer » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:55 am

It is a really good price for the 14 cm blocks. Please post or PM contact details of the shop.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby cruzing » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:17 am

teletiger wrote:getting back to the subject-matter, (hope this is not too late), I've just purchased 39x19x9cm cement blocks for 5 baht and 39x19x14 for 7 baht.
A big problem was delivery (about 100km one way) 1.5 baht each for the 9cms and 5 baht for the 14 cms! This is from a brickyard outside Saraburi. A yard in Korat wanted 5.5 baht for the 9cms and 15 BAHT!!! for the 14cms plus delivery.
regards

You got a great price. We stopped by that yard in Saraburi before we started. They have really good quality blocks but they ended up not wanting to deliver to us here in Na Jomtien..............something to do with the police. The company we found is still about 100 km away and the price included delivery. Dozer has the phone number for those interested around Pattaya area.

cruzing
cruzing

Postby Kondee » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 am

cruzing wrote:
teletiger wrote:getting back to the subject-matter, (hope this is not too late), I've just purchased 39x19x9cm cement blocks for 5 baht and 39x19x14 for 7 baht.
regards

You got a great price. We stopped by that yard in Saraburi before we started. They have really good quality blocks but they ended up not wanting to deliver to us here in Na Jomtien..............something to do with the police. The company we found is still about 100 km away and the price included delivery. Dozer has the phone number for those interested around Pattaya area.

cruzing

I am not yet know much about "price system" in thailand. Is there any limit who comes from thai government or shops can create price however they want? Just wondering about because you said anything about police cruzing.
Kondee

Postby dozer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:55 am

"price system" in thailand. Is there any limit
No limit or price controls, free enterprise in most cases. The police harass truck drivers on the road which is what I think cruzin is talking about.
dozer
Site Admin

concrete block deliver

Postby cruzing » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:47 am

Yes, Dozer is exactly right. Sorry for not being more clear. They didn't want to deliver because they thought they would probably have problems with the police while driving from Saraburi to Na Jomtien (chonburi prov.)

cruzing
cruzing

Postby Kondee » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanx for explain.... :wink:
Well... so it?s like all around the world...costs for delivery is the most expensive on it. So some peoples should check how expensive it is to rent a truck with a driver for pic the material up from shop. :?:
Kondee

Next

Return to material prices & building costs