Thanks for a great site!!!!

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

kerrysum

Thanks for a great site!!!!

Post by kerrysum »

This is one of the best I have seen.... :D
The input and discussions are fantastic and I give you all Kudos for your participation in it. As for myself? Been in construction all of my life, been going back and forth to Thailand for many years. (about 30 or more I suspect..) I enjoy all of the information from all parts of Thailand, and my favorite part of Thailand is Issan. As a Westerner, and yes I have done some construction work in the residential areas of Issan, I can connect with frustration that can occur, when trying to get some things done. To say the least, it has taught me patience and understanding, and a greater understanding of this culture. I have learned that distance construction, is not a good thing, meaning, one is better off being there. I have read so many stories from all of you, and find I am not so alone. I think it all makes giggle inside sometimes, because there is an understanding of what we go through at times. it is honest and I love it!
Why did I join? To fulfil a dream, hopefully not a nightmare, of building a home in Thailand, along with my wife. Yes I have decided to hang it up, make the move, and take on the challenge. Yes and to retire also, be a part of my wife's community. I know that it is a whole different ideal than we preactice in the Western world, as perhaps in load-bearing walls, but I enjoy the challenge. Guess what it comes down to is, Pillar-post construction. I can deal with it.... I look forward to the interaction with my wife's uncle, we call him Loong-Noi, he is sort of the village builder, and yes he accomplishes all he does, and only rides a bicycle. I know that your forums will be a great source of informaton, and I do have some ideas of how I want to build our home in Mukdahan, Thailand. I look forward to being a part of this forum, it a great resource of information!
Thank you, Kerry & Oraphin
MangoPin

Re: Thanks for a great site!!!!

Post by MangoPin »

Hi Kerry and Pin,
Enjoyed reading your post. So full of insight and optimism. Looking forward to read your future building stories and posts. Also feel happy for finding that my dear wife is not the only Ollapin in the world. Apart right now though :( , chasing money :) , soon back in Thailand to continue my life :D :D :D .
We have a home page. Found in my profile if you have time.

MangoPin
MangoPin

Post by MangoPin »

Sorry, thought my page was in the profile. Its mangopin.com

MangoPin
erikr69

Post by erikr69 »

It is a great site, just the restriction on PM system is a bit less. I understand why though, just when you are preparing your own build it makes it hard to contact people
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

erikr69 wrote:It is a great site, just the restriction on PM system is a bit less. I understand why though, just when you are preparing your own build it makes it hard to contact people
Why keep your questions and requests for information between only 2 of you? This site thrives on the questions posed and the answers given.
The pm-system should not really be used to exchange construction or building information in my opinion.
The fact that you have spammed the site as you yourself say, hasn't added anything of value. On the contrary.
krisb

Post by krisb »

I agree a fantastic site!! the more I look, the more usefull info I find. Keep it up guys and thanks :D