Bi-folding doors and integrated blinds

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Bi-folding doors and integrated blinds

Postby malcolminthemiddle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Has any one come across bi-folding doors and integrated blinds in Thailand either locally supplied or imported. Many thanks.
malcolminthemiddle

Re: Bi-folding doors and integrated blinds

Postby MarkOsborne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:37 pm

<edit: post removed .. no advertising or self-promotion allowed ... please see forum rules. MGV12 .. moderator>
MarkOsborne

Postby pipoz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi,

In my current planned house design, I have a number of external Bi Fold timber/glass doors. About 24 number, door leafs in total. Have added some indicative pictures to give an idea

Most are in standard 4 meter wide openings, with 4 No x 1 meter wide leaf doors, where two will fold back to each side. One detail is a pillar free corner unit for about 8 doors and structurally I can make it work.

I am looking for a quality joinery/carpentry Company who only has to make the timber frames, from a quality hardwood, and route them for the hinges and door hardware. The overall size of each timber door frame is 2200 mm high x 1000 mm wide and the nominal timber section base & style) size is between 150 – 180mm x 50mm.

I need a good local hardwood. Not worried about the door hardware, as I can source a quality type from where I am.

If anyone has come across a Company that specializes in one of carpentry/joinery works, I would appreciate some leads and or contact details. Likewise if anyone has some suggestions on the type of local hardwood available, please let me know.

Regards

Phil
Attachments
0-0 Timber Bi Fold Doors 2E (Small).jpg
0-0 Timber Bi Fold Doors 2E 1 (Small).jpg
0-0 Timber Bi Fold Doors F1 (Small).jpg
0-0 Timber Bi Fold Doors 1A (Small).jpg
pipoz

Postby pattayapope » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 pm

A friend had some built and the guy did a beautifull job and still look good 3 years down the road, I will email him and ask for more details but from what I remember they were very very expensive. From what you say you need for your place you will need a big budget to get quailty doors made from good seasoned hardwood otherwise you will have a lot of problems with warping ect. From what I remember it was over 100,000 for one four panel door!
pattayapope

Postby pipoz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

pattayapope wrote:A friend had some built and the guy did a beautifull job and still look good 3 years down the road, I will email him and ask for more details but from what I remember they were very very expensive. From what you say you need for your place you will need a big budget to get quailty doors made from good seasoned hardwood otherwise you will have a lot of problems with warping ect. From what I remember it was over 100,000 for one four panel door!

Thanks, and "Its only money and I am only on this planet for so long", so may as well enjoy it.

Phil
pipoz

Postby pattayapope » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 pm

After I posted the message I googled and there is a company in Chaing Mai that makes them, easy to find if you google and you should be able to get a quote easy enough so you can adjust your budget as necessary[*] :D
pattayapope

Postby pipoz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi and thanks. Presume its Aus Eco
pipoz

Return to windows and doors