THE FLY IS TAKING BREAK

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

thaifly

THE FLY IS TAKING BREAK

Post by thaifly »

its a gidday to all...its the thai fly from mae rim.. this is not a knee jerk action.. or a childish reaction..or asking for kindness etc etc..its a fair dinkum gut feeling that this route is the best for the fly to take ..my flames with with developer3 since he joined..are well known... in the first two wars ...yes i gave some s..t and i got some s..t back..yes i made a mistake in using profanity on the forum.. and was correctly banned for one month..the fly took it on the chin.and served his time with out bitching.and came back posting..no grudges mentioned against the decision..since my return all of my posts have been without reproach..not one red card....until.. along came developer 3 on wednesday and let go with a stinging /blistering/unprovoked/unnecessary/wreckless/ insane/uncalled for post in a attempt to try destroy my intergrity on C.T.H. .... the fly turned the cheek..and my only reply was THATS FINE WITH THE FLY....not wanting to get involved in another flame war...the following morning the fly posted to dozer..which was again with out reproach.. relating to my bann being a used as as a spearhead by dev3 in that senseless post and that he should had not known my personal C.T.H. details first hand.. let alone airing them on the forum...a short time later..developer3..on the same thread unleashed another insane post..mostly a rehash of the previous onslaught..with other gripes thrown in as well .. again the fly refrained from replying..later that day dozer removed the two posts in question..fair enuff was the flys reply.....since then the fly has done some soul searching and has decided to take a break from C.T.H. until dev3 is not on the radar screen..the fly does not wish to share a forum with a stand over merchant..no matter what qualification he has.. or expertise he can bring to C.T.H. ...harry / brent/ and robert./bill .the fly is still only happy to help you in c/mai..the fridge is always open to yous...its a very sad gidday to all..its the thai fly from mae rim
developer3d

Re: THE FLY IS TAKING BREAK

Post by developer3d »

Please don't do that Fly.

Look you have been a long time member of the site.

I am the new guy on the block and although I will not back down from most of what I have said - I really do mean things like being the "most red carded" is not a badge of honor if the moderation associated with those red cards takes down other members contributions ( ie mine ) - but I truly believe that this site is for all members equally and you should stay.

I think you have been honest enough to say that the reason that you are the "most red carded" is that sometimes SOME of what you say is "inappropriate" - you have agreed you wouldn't have that title if you where an angel on here all the time and you had that title well before I came along - and we all know that if you hold that title you have to be big enough to accept that eventually you are going to meet someone that will stand toe to toe.

IMO all of this started with a few side swipes from you, specifically your comments that I was "fresh of the boat" ( not your exact words they had to be deleted ) and yes I responded in kind I am guilty of that. I certainly haven't had any problem or any agro or conflict with anyone else on here except MrRhee and yourself, MrRhee is heading off to do his own thing and for some time I have been documenting my own building experiences in Thailand elsewhere.

So the bottom line is this .... I think you should stay. I will continue to read the site because I enjoy it immensely and learn from it but I do have another place where I can contribute to the community and I certainly don't want to the be cause of disharmony in an existing community,

So I am holding out the olive branch and asking to you to please stay you have my word I will not be on your "radar screen" I will only "read" and refrain from commenting further.

Given that you said you will be taking a break until I am off the radar I hope you will stay.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

developer3d wrote:Please don't do that Fly. ...... and you should stay.
Hear, hear! Don't go.
developer3d

Post by developer3d »

In reflecting on this discussion I would like to make one final suggestion, I say this in the hope it will provide future understanding of why these "disagreements" can occur - NOT TO START ANOTHER.

Mr Fly I agreed that I did write a a stinging post about you on here I would like you to understand why I did it

A while ago you where the cause of getting a long series of posts deleted ( we have discussed that already ) on your return you did not apologies to me, but that is your business - the very next "connection" we had was this

I asked BKKBILL for clarification on a post of a point he made, this is what I asked
developer3d wrote:Hey BBKBILL

I have heard this before
BKKBILL wrote:Drainage fittings are required to be designed to maintain 1/4" per foot slope. (2%)
Can you explain to me what this means in practice ? I cant see it.

I am missing something about the fittings - I am assuming this means elbows etc ? The elbows I have always fitted in the past seem to be true 90 degree and I cant see where the 2% design fits in.

Thanks
You decided to join the thread with this comment
thaifly wrote:its a gidday bangers bill..its the thai fly from mae rim..be care ful of your answer .. as a flame will be lit...ITS TAKE A TIP GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thai fly from mae rim

Can you see on reflection how that might be considered inflamatory ? Can you see how its suggestive that I am a trouble maker and that the other members should "watch out"

In my opinion that is hardly "without reproach "

Your away for a month and come back with this .... and I yes I stung you in return.

Anyway I hope this helps shed some light on the why I beat you up "for no reason" but lets put all that behind us.

As I said please reconsider staying, I think the entire community would agree.
fredlk

Post by fredlk »

developer3d wrote:I really do mean things like being the "most red carded" is not a badge of honor if the moderation associated with those red cards takes down other members contributions
Actually maybe something should be said on this point. A red card is not a serious infringement as maybe in football - I know nothing about that game :oops: - and is a term used on this website to show who has overstepped a mark, no more. That mark is decided on by Dozer and luckily none of us have that responsibility.
A yellow card as it is called is I think never mentioned by Dozer, but it is what I would call a rap on the knuckles. Also not a serious line to cross, but a figment of all our imaginations.

So I would like for this "badge of honour" (I prefer the English spelling I grew up with :) ) to be disregarded and not mentioned again. Thaifly's language is for me at times incomprehensible and as I said I haven't the faintest idea who all these people are like Rooney, Beckham, etc., but his rants and raves are his rants and raves and he is unique and maybe we should even promote him to Sir Thaifly for his service to this community. :lol:
Fred.
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

developer3d wrote:
Mr Fly I agreed that I did write a a stinging post about you on here I would like you to understand why I did it

A while ago you where the cause of getting a long series of posts deleted ( we have discussed that already ) on your return you did not apologies to me, but that is your business - the very next "connection" we had was this

I

Your away for a month and come back with this .... and I yes I stung you in return.
i was not going to come on line.. but was compelled to do so..matey u are changing the playing feild..from your oringinal post to morning ..why????...you fired the first shot on weds..not me..b/bill bit was posted on thursday morning..dereogative its still there..then i posted to dozer.later that morning....then you fired in the second shot a short time later ..now thats two shots not one as you say..as for coming back remark..b/bill bit was done after your first shot..in which i had no influence for you to fire the first shot like that..think back matey..as for b/bill remark its a storm in a tea cup compared to your two shots ..like a pirate ship in battle against big mo.. as for appolgising to you ... why???..done the crime paid the time..as for the badge of honour bit ..thanks to fred..i hope that clarifies that side of it..with you .just a touch of humour thats all...i will not come on line again. on this matter..and this post is not intened to be a flame in any way..just putting things into correct perspective that all..the fly
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

developer3d wrote:
Anyway I hope this helps shed some light on the why I beat you up "for no reason" but lets put all that behind us.
its remiss of me to forget the above unsavoury remark..beat me up ..dont think so..its just shows your class..gutter low..yes i will put it behind me very easily..the fly
developer3d

Post by developer3d »

thaifly wrote:as for appolgising to you ... why???..done the crime paid the time
You swore at another member with such profanity that the moderator had to ban you from using the site for a month and you don't understand why on coming back you might offer an olive branch or an apology ?

You weren't just banned for swearing but for swearing at me, you most certainly would not have spoken like that to my face that I guarantee.

I have extended the olive branch and even said "please" reconsider staying on here be gracious enough to accept it.
Rick B

Post by Rick B »

When is all this bickering and finger pointing going to STOP? When are you grown men going to start acting like grown men? I have been a member of this forum for several years already and I can never remember when there was so much childishness demonstrated in the posts. So what if someone caused some of your posts to be removed. Simply PM Dozer, who is an extremely reasonable guy, tell him what happened, and I am certain the removed posts would be restored. Instead, I'm now tired of ready the on-going posts about who did what and who is to blame. LET IT GO! Get a life!

This is supposed to be a forum about construction in Thailand. Let's simply write about that and stop the fighting and blaming. I have enjoyed all of Thai Fly's posts for years. He is certainly a colorful person! And he certainly has a unique flavor to his posts. But, he also has a lot of good experience to share. If some of the newcomers to this forum would act a little more adult at times, and swallow their pride a little, perhaps some old timers would NOT have to consider staying away for a while, or perhaps some of the other old timers, who appear to have grown indifferent to this forum (likely because of all of the bickering), may return to again share their valuable experience.

Please let's all get back to the purpose of this forum.
geordie

Post by geordie »

thaifly are you on a wind up again?
I am feeling a bit paranoid now everyone quitting
i think personally your writing style is unique your comments are blistering your contributions are great that leisure centre of yours is a treat to the eye i personally hope your break is not too long its your decision??? I get the feeling its going to be awful quiet around here you are apart from anything else my only source of sports reveiws(i know nothing about sports whatsoever so at least i get your add ons see you soon
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
developer3d

Post by developer3d »

@ RickB

Of course everyone is entitled to express their opinion as you have.

I don't be to be disrespectful but you haven't been active as a "poster" here in recent times - you have 133 posts over the last four years and although I am certain that content was valued I think your missing the point that has been driving this ongoing discussion.

Its very easy to take the approach you have when you come and read and leave, "who cares as you say " this issue is about how people that are trying to contribute the very content that brings people like yourself back are getting wiped out because of the bad behavior of a few, its a valid point and one the dozer has certainly been consulted about to suggest its as simple as asking him to "reinstate content" is a little naive think however the discussion board is healthy for now that is been had.

That said, I would agree 100% that discussion has certainly run its course and its definitely time to move on to the subject that the forum is about I think that is spirit behind lots of good new interesting information that has taken considerable time to write and post contributed to the site in past couple of days

I can honestly say that in the past 48 hours no one has been as vocal as I have been about this issue of deleted content but you need to balance that against the fact that no one has contributed anywhere near as much good meaty "building content" either.

The nature of forums is those that contribute the most have the right to a "voice" about how things are run as much as anyone just because they have been around for a long time.

So now that you have had your whinge as well as the rest of us maybe you could join in this renewed effort with a couple of updates of new information, I have certainly tried to do that and could use your help.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Simply PM Dozer, who is an extremely reasonable guy, tell him what happened, and I am certain the removed posts would be restored.
Normally a PM is a good way to handle things like this. If any of the parties mentioned want this post removed I will, but it seems that the last time I did that another one got started.

When a message is removed in its entirety I normally save a copy of it. I can restore messages but normally what may indeed happen is that several messages grouped together have some back and forth flaming or other material which needs moderation, I think the best alternative is to summarize any valid points made and move on.
A while ago you where the cause of getting a long series of posts deleted
Just as a clarification and not to start up another issue, but I don't believe the referenced posts caused other posts to be deleted. As I recall several posts were deleted and in at least one case I posted a summary of the removed posts (once I verified the points), I thought it looked much better as it was in a your building summary category to have a couple of paragraphs instead of a serious back and forth argument.

I believe that we should move on from here.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

It's interesting to note that where I once was the main target for snide remarks and attempted flame wars, now that because of that I have taken very much a back seat for many months, new targets appear to have been found, and I'm not the only member to have lost enthusiasm of late. There are places for this kind of behaviour, the TeakDoor is one, Ajarn.com is one, ThaiVisa is another, and there is a handful of local farang-run forums in Korat, Khon Kaen, Pattaya, and Phuket, and I don't hang out ever, in any of them. CoolThaiHouse never used to be a virtual barstool for bored, unhappy, expats, but for some reason, Dozer has had to do more moderating in the last couple of months than in the previous five years. Mostly all because of one person - let it be said. It looks as if some expats can't live without showing off or causing mischief on forums of a kind that they would never do in a face-to-face situation. Fortunately here I don't have the cards, because if I did, not only would the red one be flashed, but the member's IP would be banned too.
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

.[/quote] second time today ..computer problems.. the fly again has hit the wrong..note billy goat
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

welcome back jassy to your amusing posts..as for taking a back seat.of late..its not been a couple months as you state but approx 6 months..apart from some cameo performances..check your records .. its been a breath of fresh air for many members incl my self not to read your posts which most were clearly based on securing work on C.T.H. dozer had done a sterling job red carding them all .it would be remiss of me not to mentioned that you have been caught solicting for work..using the p.m system....one of the main reasons it was put out of service for several months..causing unnecessary in con venice to members....and now commercial members have no access to the P.M system ..a great tactical move by dozer... enuff said.. round 1 for the fly.....will save many more true facts.... if u get on my tail again.. ITS A TIT FOR TAT GIDDAY TO ALL its a gidday to all ...back to the break again
Last edited by thaifly on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.