flaming on C.T.H. thaifly

General feedback on the blog, forum or main site. Gripes or kudos, put them here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

thaifly

flaming on C.T.H. thaifly

Post by thaifly »

GIDDAY DOZER...its the thai fly from mae rim...with reference to your warning on FLAMING ...on the mighty apetly story yesterday....the removal of the posts was the correct way to go...as jassy and i mentioned in our posts....but what really amuses the thai fly......is the warning about FLAMING.....fair dinkum DOZER you allowed that WANKER ..to flame against members for weeks and wish to remind you ....that those members...are indeed have been your backbone of your site...very smart contributers...to C.T.H. and the very reason that your site is going strength to strength...the only action taken in this case was that the contributor to these flaming posts edited them accordingly..on your say so...WHO KNOWS....?????? .....I WISH TO POLITELY ...point out to you...in would be in the best interests of C.T.H. that you be more consistent in this grey area ...as a member said in a post on that thread ITS YOUR BAT AND BALL thats fine with the thaifly...but dozer open up your eyes...and immediately come out with the red cards when warranted..which will put out the spot fires BEFORE THE REAL FLAMING begins....it will serve C.T.H. a huge favour..and not become that other site...where C.T.H. because of great..work done by there present members...are attracting members from those sites which is indeed a great testismonial to your website...and your members...and they are very welcome in thai flys eyes...as i am sure they can only help C.T.H. continue to be a a helpful FREE... website...for all walks of life...to take advantage of a band of very smart and experienced contributers...to enable them to get a sucessful build which i am sure delights every member on C.T.H.....its a FAIR DINKUM THAIFLY GIDDAY to all...its the thaifly from mae rim
FarangIsan

Re: flaming on C.T.H. thaifly

Post by FarangIsan »

thaifly wrote: ...but dozer open up your eyes...and immediately come out with the red cards when warranted..which will put out the spot fires BEFORE THE REAL FLAMING begins....it will serve C.T.H. a huge favour..
I strongly disagree and hope Dozer keeps on ruling by his own standards :!:
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

to flame against members for weeks and wish to remind you
I didn't really see anything going on for weeks. The posts which have been removed occurred between April 21st and April 25th with most of the activity on the 24th.

Please note that if you feel a post is flame you can report it with the ! indicator (2 over from the edit button on top of the post). If you find a post way out of line or off topic instead of responding to it please use the report function, it is cleaner and will keep the overall information on the board more on point.
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

Just removed a couple of posts..... have the originals but will paraphrase here as they were about to begin some flaming.

Member 1: I was banned and you (Dozer) disclosed my banned status to another member in a PM. I am disappointed.
Member 2: Banning was justified because of foul language. Number of removed/modified posts is nothing to brag about because it shows problems with posts.

As far as the initial accusation that banning should not be disclosed, I disagree. On most boards you can see when someone has been banned and the reason for it.

That is enough said on the subject.
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

dozer wrote:Just removed a couple of posts..... have the originals but will paraphrase here as they were about to begin some flaming.

That is enough said on the subject.
its a gidday to dozer...i agree..enuff said..matter is now closed.. many thanks for your very fair moderation on this thread..the fly
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Why not make a jail...like a little tiny penal colony...Alcatraz

You can put the ijjits in there for a few days to weeks.....its a nice idea, works elsewhere......not that I have ever experienced it.

Well i was locked up twice in my youth, but it was not my fault.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Attila

Post by Attila »

Why can't you guys all behave here the same way you do when seeing each other face to face?

Are we less human just because we communicate electronically in a forum?

Before you post something about someone, take a step back and ask yourself if you really would say the same when you would be talking face to face, and only if you can say yes, you really would, then post it.

If you indeed need to fight with someone, may be you better go see a shrink and address your real problem, and get a life ;)

I fully support Dozer in removing flames and foul language, I would probably be less tolerant and patient than he is. This forum is supposed to be about building, and if some members talk different than I do, behave different than I do, think different than I do, that should not stop me from treating them as human being and accepting them as they are. Nobody is perfect.

A lovely morning today, so quiet outside, just the birds are singing - Smile!
setaputra

Post by setaputra »

"if you really would say the same when you would be talking face to face, and only if you can say yes, you really would, then post it"

I think this accurately hits the nail on the head about forums in Thailand. They say things they would not say in a normal situation but become keyboard warriors when they have the luxury of an anonymous nom de plume. Sad

Too many people who have emigrated here use forums to "spoil" the posts and threads. This site is principally about building. Is it too much to expect that only people who want to civilly converse, obtain information, contribute to discussion should come here?

Regrettably I think it is too much to expect as this thread amply demonstrates.

Not that i am a fan of gentlemen's clubs, but perhaps a black balling system would ensure that only genuine posters are posting.

Drummond on his blog, only puts up a post after moderation (though he very fairly puts up posts that he may personally disagree with. That slows down debate but it stops the "spoilers" in their tracks

Dozer and colleagues do a good job generally. There are bound to be misunderstandings and some mistakes but they can't be everywhere and has anyone ever heard of a referee or umpire who never got it wrong?

A black balling system on entry would ensure we had the right sort of genuine people here. Difficult to do but would avoid the problems shown up by this thread
otis-a

Post by otis-a »

ummm seems is a bit o scriminitin happenim:
but r some self inflicted wounds?
Helllo self !!!
is z fly listin?
Perhaps run it by mrs fly b4 z post is inflicted?
Afterall whatz rush?
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))