Whats this pool lining ?

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Whats this pool lining ?

Postby Nawty » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 am

Anyone what type of stone this is called ? and maybe how much ? and maybe its cleaning capabilities ?

IMG_7879_resize.JPG

IMG_7878_resize.JPG

IMG_7877_resize.JPG
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Re: Whats this pool lining ?

Postby grant » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:18 am

I suspect it's a volcanic stone called Andesite from Bali. Before choosing terrazzo for my pool I looked at using Balinese tiles in my pool. The local price in Phuket was about 1,100 baht per sq. m. However, I found several online sites in Indonesia that sell them for about 300 baht per sqm . m. If you've ever been to Bali you will see these types of stone tiles in and around most pools. There are several types of volcanic stone suitable for pools and decks in various colors. One site I was dealing with that was very helpful:

http://www.balistones.com/catalogue.php ... +palimanan
grant

Re: Whats this pool lining ?

Postby Nawty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

yes, it does look like the volcanic stone I have seen before and had a sample of one from bali.

I was hoping it might be something local though, as the look was the same, but the price at what you mentioned is quite high.

I had also wondered about cleaning and algae on this type of stone as it is quite holey and easy for algae to grow in and hang onto i would expect.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Return to swimming pool