web site comments, looking for builder in bkk

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

web site comments, looking for builder in bkk

Post by dozer »

feedback from Fred
good very informative website, i shall be sure to pass it on to my father who has just purchased a house in pattaya, and is going through the usual thai f**k around with regard to getting things done.
i myself would like to know if you could recomend any builders in bkk who i could use to build some interior dividing walls with glass bricks
thanks
cruzing

Post by cruzing »

I realize I am probably 1 of 2 women on this forum or 1 of 1 but, normally we don't get a lot of that TV type language on here. Too bad, it was kind of nice not seeing it.
Attila

Post by Attila »

cruzing wrote:I realize I am probably 1 of 2 women on this forum or 1 of 1 but, normally we don't get a lot of that TV type language on here. Too bad, it was kind of nice not seeing it.
Well, the better half of most of us is a woman anyway, isn't it? And then a lot of these better halves are Thais here... which do suffer and complain as much as we farangs under and about the typical runaround so many locals give them and us.

But anyway, yes, no blxxdy fxxcking need for fxxcking blxxdy fxxcking TV language :roll: , I can live without it.

Fred, in BKK I think we do not know so many builders.
the limey

Post by the limey »

any brick layer will be able to do that, but remember not to hassle him because he is working so slowly as the glass blocks are not porous so the cement needs longer to set off before the next layer.
cruzing

Post by cruzing »

the limey wrote:any brick layer will be able to do that, but remember not to hassle him because he is working so slowly as the glass blocks are not porous so the cement needs longer to set off before the next layer.
good point, you don't want crooked glass blocks. Mai suay :!: AND, no matter if he uses a level and line it's only level and straight as he can see after all that "rotgut" from the night before! :wink:

Cruzing
Boon Mee

Post by Boon Mee »

cruzing wrote:I realize I am probably 1 of 2 women on this forum or 1 of 1 but, normally we don't get a lot of that TV type language on here. Too bad, it was kind of nice not seeing it.
Let me weigh in too - totally agree, cruzing, we don't need the use of explitives on a 'construction' site. We're not discussing politics or juvenile topics here. It's a great forum and we'll keep it that way y'all! :P
robint

M F's

Post by robint »

:oops:

Hey you sexist pigs, what have you got against us TVs. We got a right to express ourselves too and raise a family

Clearly the Cruising Queen should stay away from constructions sites where the air can turn blue even when it 40+

You may be surprised to learn that there are'nt any swear words in Central Thai but you have a rich vernacular in I'Saan. Some of my effluent expletives cause my duckling a sharp intake of breath :D

Lighten up in the LOS

:D
robint

But seriously

Post by robint »

:(

The question "can you recommend a good blah blah person" is probably unanswerable. Might as well ask for a tip for the grand national.

a) a Good guy will always be busy

b) Good guys have bad days

c) one mans (or womans) good guy (or woman) will be another's bad *****

d) a good guy may be good at one trade and terrible in another

e) No Guy can be all things to everyone and Clients are notoriously fickle and difficult to deal with

and so on

So rather than ask the question "can you recommend a good builder in bankok", you had better ask around up there amongst the expat community, discard 98% of the BSBS (Bar stool Bull ****) and always look at the work your Guy has done for others and if possible talk to the Client.

In my case I would bring in a crew from my village, because I know the Foreman and the quality of his work.

While I think of it, here's a couple of tips when employing a Thai contractor.

Ask

Has he worked overseas and in what capacity
(the best guys seemed to have gained their experience working on foreign building sites under strict supervion

Has he ever done any work for Thai Chinese. They are very exacting Clients normally and expect the best (and usually pay above rate for a top job - surprised?)

I site the above as example of the one good guy that I know of, but thats just my experience

cruzing

Re: M F's

Post by cruzing »

robint wrote::oops:

Hey you sexist pigs, what have you got against us TVs. We got a right to express ourselves too and raise a family

Clearly the Cruising Queen should stay away from constructions sites where the air can turn blue even when it 40+

You may be surprised to learn that there are'nt any swear words in Central Thai but you have a rich vernacular in I'Saan. Some of my effluent expletives cause my duckling a sharp intake of breath :D

Lighten up in the LOS :D
I have nothing against TV posters, I am one. But does your reply mean that your vocabulary is that limited that you have to talk like you are from the gutter!??? And you're the farmer not me, so I guess you are the pig. oink oink! And by the way, what does raising a family have to do with any of this??? You have a complex or something?
the limey

Post by the limey »

cruzing, I think in this case tv= transvestite.
Attila

Re: M F's

Post by Attila »

robint wrote::oops:
You may be surprised to learn that there are'nt any swear words in Central Thai but you have a rich vernacular in I'Saan.
yeah, and they eat cockroaches or similar, and still, I do not need to copy them, not in the eating habits, and not in the foul language :wink:

It is up to you, what you put in your mouth :lol:
robint

Take the rise and shine

Post by robint »

Morning hun

Well if you are what you put in your mouth Cruising sure knows how to put her foot in her mouth :D

Its always been said that England and America are two great nations divided by a common language

Are there any Canadians out there. You guys never seem to have this problem

BTW Cruising, the farmers that you are sneering at generally do not use bad language round my area at any rate, but they do really enjoy a good leg pull and have a lot in common with our own wondeful english sense of humour which is more than can be said for .....................

Attilla,the I'Saan eat all kinds of fried insects, you may have seen some of the vendor stalls around selling these things

nice fried giant scorpion to your taste?

I daresay you would if you were hungry enough, like the POWs in those thai concentrations camps building the bridge over the river kwai

but we dont have to do that, just now. I really hate the smell it leaves on the breath. I told my duckling I wouldnt kiss her if she ate "Mengda". I guess thats why she like that dish so much
:shock:
cruzing

Re: Take the rise and shine

Post by cruzing »

robint wrote::D

Morning hun

Well if you are what you put in your mouth Cruising sure knows how to put her foot in her mouth :D

Its always been said that England and America are two great nations divided by a common language

Are there any Canadians out there. You guys never seem to have this problem

BTW Cruising, the farmers that you are sneering at generally do not use bad language round my area at any rate, but they do really enjoy a good leg pull and have a lot in common with our own wondeful english sense of humour which is more than can be said for .....................

Attilla,the I'Saan eat all kinds of fried insects, you may have seen some of the vendor stalls around selling these things

nice fried giant scorpion to your taste?

I daresay you would if you were hungry enough, like the POWs in those thai concentrations camps building the bridge over the river kwai

but we dont have to do that, just now. I really hate the smell it leaves on the breath. I told my duckling I wouldnt kiss her if she ate "Mengda". I guess thats why she like that dish so much
:shock:

per RT=Morning hunTalk about a condescending you know what.

Who was sneering at farmers I just made a passing comment that you should know more about pigs. As for the language you still don't have it right do you?
By the way you were the one calling people names.

Man do you know how to twist things to suit you and go off on a tangent. Last post to you "Mr. T." Go bother someone else.
cruzing

TV

Post by cruzing »

the limey wrote:cruzing, I think in this case tv= transvestite.
Well in that case I guess he would know.
the limey

Re: TV

Post by the limey »

cruzing wrote:
the limey wrote:cruzing, I think in this case tv= transvestite.
Well in that case I guess he would know.
hmmmm, did God take out the humourous side of you at birth? Or was this just a natural build up of things in your life? I take it your most defineately not English, are you German perchance?