Times are a'changing, but some forge on.....

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Times are a'changing, but some forge on.....

Postby MGV12 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Will Donald Trump ban/throw out Canadians if elected? Or will he just say "You're fired". :lol:
At least he has a better handicap at golf than all the rest.
The only thing I know about him is from the Celebrity Apprentice when he sacked Gene Simmons who said Kodak would go bust if they continued to make cameras instead of concentrating on what they were good at, processing film. Gene Simmons proved to be correct and Kodak declared bankruptcy 2 months later. Bad call Donald, Gene's as rich as you are, but hides it well.

You mean this guy?

Why Donald Trump trumps Donald Drumpf

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2015/ ... story.html

John Oliver's assassination was amusing but this article came out last September and didn't appear to achieve much.

Gene Simmons also has 'problem' hair :lol:

gene-simmons-speaks-gettyimages.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:21 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Will Donald Trump ban/throw out Canadians if elected? Or will he just say "You're fired". :lol:

NO, NO RR it's not the donald kicking out Canadians it's those Americans flooding our great province of Nova Scotia that's the problem. CNN has dispatched a crew to Cape Breton to get ready for the inundation. :mrgreen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/01 ... 55966.html

Or as Canadad Canuck put it.

It must be awfully windy south of the border.
Americans moved to Canada in the 60's because of the 'draft' ...
while Americans move to Canada in 2016 because of the 'windbag'.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

BKKBILL wrote:NO, NO RR it's not the donald kicking out Canadians it's those Americans flooding our great province of Nova Scotia that's the problem.

For the first time in 5 years I watched CNN this morning and listened to the two Republican runners, Trump and the other one give "speeches", if you could call them that. Every second word from the bloke I can't remember was Donald Trump and each was given with a false smile that American politicians learn when they become senators, so he certainly can't qualify as not knowing about the Trump name.
And CNN's panel of "experts" all agreed he said nothing but "thank the lord" and God added every third word just to make sure, but he must have screwed up sometimes because even his mob booed him at times when he told porkies about Donald. And he even had the temerity to add part of JFK's speech "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" and even screwed that up. I think D Trump has the Republicans scared, very scared, and he even managed to tell the faithful he'd run as an independent and might just make it too especially when you compare the numbers which he has against Hillary.
It reminded me of Jeremy Clarkson asking Americans where Europe was and where England, France and Japan was on a map and watching them get it all wrong. Thank you Jeremy for not asking where Australia was.

MGV12
MGV12 wrote:Gene Simmons also has 'problem' hair

Gene Simmons could loan the donald some and not even miss it. If Gene can sell KIss, a mediocre rock band at best, then he can sell anything.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:44 pm

If George W can be voted in as President then I guess just about anyone can.

I can only imagine the farce if President Drumpf were let lose outside of America .. or exposed to visiting 'dignitaries' .. more gaffs in diplomacy than even Prince Philip could manage
:lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:54 pm

MGV12 wrote:If George W can be voted in as President then I guess just about anyone can.

I can only imagine the farce if President Drumpf were let lose outside of America .. or exposed to visiting 'dignitaries' .. more gaffs in diplomacy than even Prince Philip could manage

I reckon a little bit of political incorrectness might do the world a lot of good and stop the bullshit.
George W has got to be the worst President the US ever had, talk about making the same mistakes as his father did, then doubling them. Would you let him teach your children English? :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:I reckon a little bit of political incorrectness might do the world a lot of good and stop the bullshit.

You and I can live in a dream-world ... as the multitudes do ... but we don't and therefore we know that this ain't gonna have an effect any time soon.

We can do what we can to insulate ourselves and our loved-ones or:

fuck-the-revolution-bring-on-the-apocalypse.jpeg

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MGV12

Postby Shastadad » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 am

MGV12 wrote:[b]If George W can be voted in as President then I guess just about anyone can.

I can only imagine the farce if President Drumpf were let lose outside of America .. or exposed to visiting 'dignitaries' .. more gaffs in diplomacy than even Prince Philip could manage [/b] :lol:

Funny story, I had just retired and went to a Barber Shop in Hillsville , VA which is in Southwest Virginia and like in most places the locals were talking politics. One guy was particularly effusive about George W and I asked "why in the world would you like him after all his screw up's" and the guy looked at me and with a straight face said " Oh I love Bush, finally there is a president that is stupider than I am"
Shastadad

Previous

Return to general