Merry Christmas 2014/2015

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Merry Christmas 2014/2015

Postby olavhome » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Wish all members and readers a Merry Christmas.
This year spend Christmas in Norway in contradiction to last year which was first in Thailand. Was New experience having Christmas dinner just wearing shorts :D
Anyway, the forum has also for 2014 been of great inspiration for me, and really looking forward to start my own Project in november next year when retire :D
olavhome

Re: Merry Christmas 2014

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:15 pm

olavhome wrote:Wish all members and readers a Merry Christmas.
This year spend Christmas in Norway in contradiction to last year which was first in Thailand. Was New experience having Christmas dinner just wearing shorts :D
Anyway, the forum has also for 2014 been of great inspiration for me, and really looking forward to start my own Project in november next year when retire :D

Christmas in Norway ... so how do you [or if different the 'average' Norwegian] usually spend Christmas and the New Year?

Maybe you are different in that you choose soon to retire in Thailand. :)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Merry Christmas 2014

Postby olavhome » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Christmas Eve (24) most busy day. Also the day With most people in Church. Also put lights on Family graves (Graveyard a very nice sight in evening - getting dark at 16 afternoon). Then Family dinner in evening, menue differs from different parts of the country, but common that everyone agrees "Should not have EATEN THAT MUCH" :D , be smarter NeXT year. Then presents is opened ( evening 24). Rest Christmas Family visit each other or relax, or go for walks to get rid of the calories :oops:
Tried Christmas Thailand last year, really special eating Christmas dinner wearing only shorts :) so at the monent thinking Christmas Norwegian, New Years Eve, mai pen rai :D
olavhome

Re: Merry Christmas 2014/2015

Postby MGV12 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Seasons greetings to all our members.

May your dreams come true ... and if they haven't may your contractor [by some miracle] come back and fix the problems. :( :) :D :lol:

Have a great 2015.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Merry Xmas to all the members for 2014/15.
Don't forget if you have children to go and get buffalo crap and throw it on the roof of the house so you can show the kids where Rudolf crapped as he was waiting for Santa to deliver the toys.
I recall in Australia, my ex-wife and I would go over to the Mess and come home at about 2200 hrs well and truly pickled and then it was out with the tool kit and assemble all the things that needed assembling and as soon as that was done I'd wake the 5 kids and watch them have a ball and play with them..... me being the biggest kid of all.
Off fishing on Koh Samet for the New Year, if I make it that long.
Anyway ho ho ho ho.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Merry Christmas to all
As I'm flying today, at the moment in DMK bound for KKC soon, I decided to amuse the flight crew and kids on the flight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby andymac » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Merry Christmas (belated) and a Happy New Year to all CTH members and readers.

A special thank you to all members who have kindly provided such valuable information, opinions and insights to the ups and downs of building Thailand. There's no way I would have had the courage to embark on such a project without CTH. In my experience the ups have definitely out weighed the downs, considering I'm not currently living in Thailand full time I feel very lucky.

Have a great year ahead. :D
andymac

Return to general