Australian Rules Footy Chatzone

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Australian Rules Footy Chatzone

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 am

<First few posts moved from viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3336&start=390 - mod>

R.R. Now wasn't that a great game and of course result.? Only The Blues determined defence stopped it being 50 nil. Roll on next year.!
Mike Judd

Re: Understanding [or misunderstanding] Australians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 am

Mike Judd wrote:R.R. Now wasn't that a great game and of course result.? Only The Blues determined defence stopped it being 50 nil. Roll on next year.!

I'm not really sure I'd call it a great game, but as I actually saw Big Mal smile at one stage, in the closing minutes, just before NSW kicked back, it was a good result, even if NSW looked rudderless without Gallen for a while. I did notice one State of Origin player forgot, I won't mention which side he's from, forgot where he was and thought he was in a Mua Thai fight (elbow to shoulder and throat), but other than that, it was the Maroons forwards who took the ball up the center again.
If you took out two players from either side it would have been a very boring match.
I love the video replay, I wish we'd had it in our day, but it still didn't stop the bullshit and innocent looks (both Captains) before it was played back for the referees. I'd actually enjoy refereeing one of those games.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:13 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Mike Judd wrote:R.R. Now wasn't that a great game and of course result.? Only The Blues determined defence stopped it being 50 nil. Roll on next year.!

I'm not really sure I'd call it a great game, but as I actually saw Big Mal smile at one stage, in the closing minutes, just before NSW kicked back, it was a good result, even if NSW looked rudderless without Gallen for a while. I did notice one State of Origin player forgot, I won't mention which side he's from, forgot where he was and thought he was in a Mua Thai fight (elbow to shoulder and throat), but other than that, it was the Maroons forwards who took the ball up the center again.
If you took out two players from either side it would have been a very boring match.
I love the video replay, I wish we'd had it in our day, but it still didn't stop the bullshit and innocent looks (both Captains) before it was played back for the referees. I'd actually enjoy refereeing one of those games.

Have to say, "Gallen is over rated and he wouldn't get a game in the Queensland side"

Now, Morris (the older one), he is brilliant

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:39 am

pipoz wrote:Have to say, "Gallen is over rated and he wouldn't get a game in the Queensland side"

If Gallen is overrated, why is it as soon as he came back on a previously listless, rudderless NSW suddenly came alive? Gallen would get a game in any side anywhere in the game of rugby. It's also why he's vice captain of Australia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gallen Love him or hate him he's one of the keys to NSW winning two games.
Morris senior is retired. Are you talking about the twins?
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
pipoz wrote:Have to say, "Gallen is over rated and he wouldn't get a game in the Queensland side"

If Gallen is overrated, why is it as soon as he came back on a previously listless, rudderless NSW suddenly came alive? Gallen would get a game in any side anywhere in the game of rugby. It's also why he's vice captain of Australia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gallen Love him or hate him he's one of the keys to NSW winning two games.
Morris senior is retired. Are you talking about the twins?

Yes Roger, I meant the older of the two twins, although I would gladly have both Morris twins in the side.

As for Gallen you can go sell him at the flea market, on the same stall next to Sam Friday, if that is any consolation to you

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Oh come on ! it was a great game ,I watched the replay tonight to enjoy it all over again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Most of those Forwards are told to just take it up hard and straight ,I.E. Gallen and Thiday ,but Parker was much more effective with his Off loads ,that's what like to see ,Al la Beatson. Dave Taylor is another one if only he could hang onto the ball a bit more.
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:14 pm

What a great night ! 2 reasons to cheer, The Bunnies flogged the other team and that team was Manly. I shall watch every re-play over the week-end . Nothing like having 4 Pommy Forwards leading the way R.R. ? :D :D :D :D
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 pm

Mike Judd wrote:Nothing like having 4 Pommy Forwards leading the way R.R. ?

I thought the were Backs the way they played. I missed much of the game, I'll catch it again on tomorrow's replay..... along with the caustic comments from a friend of mine by email who lives just outside the National Park at Warringah.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:26 am

I'am just about to watch the replay, It's so stress less when you know they are going to win. I can imagine all the gloomy people out there as I live in the middle of Warringah and will take great delight in rubbing it in when I see them. But then after years and years of being let down by The North Sydney Bears, I won't relax until Sep one way or the other. Nearly a perfect game by the Bunnies last night though.
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 am

Mike Judd wrote:I'am just about to watch the replay,

A lot of class play in that game, not only by the Wabbits. The only Pommie forward I saw doing any work was number 8 Burgess, his brothers were all asleep.
I did hear the comment that the Wabbits might actually get to the Premiership if they played that way every week, but then that depends on those bloody Pommie forwards doing their work. :D :D
Mike Judd wrote:Nearly a perfect game by the Bunnies last night though.

It was the play makers who won the game by moving the ball the whole time. The Aussie backs did all the scoring. :D :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 am

You should see the Bile ! I got in the S.M.H. comments section ."Why do I live on the Peninsular" :evil: :evil: There are some sore losers out there. Big Sam Burgess had a great game (Man of the match) did everything, scoring a try/ off loading /making the hard yards, and what about him running across and diving on the ball after Lyons was kicking ahead up the middle. Every Critic say they will fall down again in Sep though, not if they can keep those 2 scheming halves from injury, they have plenty of depth in the forwards. Havagoodun.!
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:29 am

What a miserable performance that was by the Bunnies,! That's what you get when one team thinks it's going to be a" Cake Walk" and the other team have other ideas.All too late for the Bunnies deciding to have a go in the second half, it's an 80 minute game and the Cowboys taught them a lesson. Maybe that's what they needed after 5 great wins. Very disappointing ! :( :(
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 am

Mike Judd wrote:What a miserable performance that was by the Bunnies,!

Nothing like having 4 Pommie forwards having a bar-b-que and drink during the game is there Mike? Then in the second half they went to the local Cowboy dance to play with the shielas....who beat the crap out of the drunken fools. This was and is a game to be remembered, but not by the wabbits. Best word I heard to sum up the wabbits performance was, "crap".
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

Ah now I know what the problem was, one of the Pommy forwards was missing, George Burgess was on suspension for a Chicken Wing tackle ? :roll: :roll:
Mike Judd

Re: Australian Rules Footy Chatzone

Postby Andyfteeze » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:57 pm

What do we do for our fix of footy next year?
Andyfteeze

Next

Return to general