Where to get heavy machinery?

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Where to get heavy machinery?

Postby oil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 pm

i am seriously considering buying some heavy machinery, prefferable a tractor with front loader, which i could use on building as well, and due we have a rather large property with 5 ray i am sure it will have a use later on as well :D

however i dont see the point in buying a new one from Yanmar or Kubota there must be some used onces for sale, from time to time i ll stop at shops near the road where they have that and ask for the prices there and simply put the asking prices of the sellers is just insane, its like heavy used and very old machinery they wanna sell for 30% under new price, which has to be a joke.

First i thought okay they give me the farrang price, but i sent friends here and there to ask for the prices and it was pretty similar.
There must be some platform / website / a fair / or anything where i should be able to get that for a decent price, or where i can rent it for a full month ....

so wondering ... is there anything like that?
oil

Re: Where to get heavy machinery?

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:11 am

oil wrote:First i thought okay they give me the farrang price, but i sent friends here and there to ask for the prices and it was pretty similar.

You'll find it is the same all over Thailand. It's caused by the massive tax they place on new machinery, cars etc. Even though the tax is paid by the first owner, it also gets handed down again and again so that the original owner gets some of it back each time. E.G. a new traxscavator costs 2-3 million, 1/2 million at least is tax. When it's traded in the secondhand dealer will add 80% "tax" onto the trade in value to ease the pain of the first buyer... and so it is handed down again and again, a little less each time.... it just adds to inflation and there are no winners.
Until the government stops imposing massive taxes, between 300% down to 30% the system will never change. The fact that some of the vehicles are actually built in Thailand and all the parts are sourced in Thailand means nothing to the Revenue Department. It has been a bone of contention for years. It will have to change when ASEAN starts otherwise people will just buy Malayasian, or Indonesian built equipment at no tax....but I'm sure the Revenue Department has plans already lade for that.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pattayapope » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Check this site out they auction industrial equipment, I have friends who have bought equipment from them in the past.

http://www.jssr.co.th/index.php
pattayapope

Postby oil » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 pm

cool thx youre the best
oil

Postby oil » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

is there also similar platform where they auction / sell tractors
oil

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm