Male blocked

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Male blocked

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:44 am

Mike Judd wrote:The R.T.A. tell us that Speed Kills,! but that's not quite true, it's a bit like falling from a great height , the problem is the sudden stop that does the damage. All these Laws and regulations in our Nanny States in the south ! trying to wrap us all up in cotton wool for all of our lives ,is only negating Natures way of culling the weak and stupid out of the exploding population.( Apologies to all the weak and stupid out there )

Mike,
The RTA will tell you anything to keep their revenue from cameras and speed traps flowing. I was attached to a Road Traffic Accident Investigation Unit once and you would be surprised at their findings, which had little to do with speeding, but even under the FOI trying to get their findings is like pulling teeth.
The army teaches.... am I allowed to mention the Australian Army MGV12?...... that a section, platoon and company is only as strong as its weakest link. And then you have cell phones.... which should be banned unless hand's free and the biggest killer is tiredness, followed by inattention, followed by lack of experience and then there's all the little things like drinking, car defects, road conditions and human error.... much like suicide Mike, but inattention also helps.
Time to go back to the Theory of Evolution and let the weak and stupid kill themselves, unfortunately they do have a habit of taking the innocent (strong and smart) with them in their race to be put in the ground.
The problem is, would you let a 14 year old (South Australia) rent a McLaren to drive on the road? Gees I wouldn't even let them use mine on my Playstation... mostly because they'd beat me.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:35 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:The army teaches.... am I allowed to mention the Australian Army MGV12?...... that a section, platoon and company is only as strong as its weakest link. then there's all the little things like drinking, car defects, road conditions and human error.... much like suicide Mike, but inattention also helps.

Something like the weakest link in a chain I guess.

RR Since you brought up drinking thought you might be interested it this article from the B-Post today that mentions near the end alcohol is the leading cause of death for Thais.

Oh and some interesting pictures too. :mrgreen:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... e-packages
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 am

Bill,
That's what drinking does for you, you can't tell the difference between smoking and drinking. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Bill,
That's what drinking does for you, you can't tell the difference between smoking and drinking. :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: Glad you enjoyed that one RR I thought it was hilarious. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Although my post is correct. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby thailazer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm

thailazer

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Time to go back to the Theory of Evolution and let the weak and stupid kill themselves, unfortunately they do have a habit of taking the innocent (strong and smart) with them in their race to be put in the ground.R.R.
That's when another quote comes to mind " There's the quick and the dead" ! :lol: :lol:
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:13 pm

So, whilst a hollywood actor is telling us about a "few good men" and Mike and I are trying to kill the weak and stupid, I thought I'd give some here food for thought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gUSq7pxux4
Be warned it runs for a little while, but I'm pleased to say the excuses used, by similar senior officers to our "few good men" hollywood actor Jack, faded away into nothing. I wonder who wrote that script? The Marine Corps (cannon fodder) thrive on bastardisation, bigotry and bullying, then wonder why they get so many killed..... and that's before they leave recruit training. :lol: :lol:
Alfred Lord Tennyson must have been thinking of/about them when he wrote The Charge of the Light Brigade.
Charles Darwin did not vector in the US Marine Corps when he put forward his Theory of Evolution. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:59 pm

The Daily Male is certainly not everyone's preferred purveyor of news ... as most of what they post/print is garbage .. but why does the NC*O still single out things-Australian to censor on their online edition?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:39 pm

MGV12 wrote:but why does the NC*O still single out things-Australian to censor on their online edition?

Perhaps because it was Australia that first told the generals they would not be getting visas to visit on any of their trips abroad to Australia, let alone junket trips. Which includes all their unelected flunkies they appointed or annointed. We might hate politicians, but we are allowed to vote them in and out at things called elections.
The nc*o claimed Australia caused the US and EU to follow suit. I'm still rolling around laughing over that. Perhaps the nc*o should listen to what the UN actually said in regards to the coup, not what they claimed they said, but then this is Thailand. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 pm

I wonder how long the facade can be kept up: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 6&section=
Italy should have done the same as Australia did and just banned them all.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Klondyke » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:I wonder how long the facade can be kept up: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 6&section=
Italy should have done the same as Australia did and just banned them all.

Do they do the same obstructions also to Egyptian generals?
Klondyke

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:07 am

Klondyke wrote:Do they do the same obstructions also to Egyptian generals?

klondyke,
I do not work for the Department of Foreugn Affairs and Trade, I have no access to the inner workings of the Immigration Department here and I do not have access to the Egypt desk at ASIS (look it up), nor do I work for the DIO (also look it up) so how do you expect me to give you an answer on that question?
If you wish to get into a discussion about the double standards applied to various nations, including Australia, Thailand, Egypt etc etc and their reasons why they are doing it, if they are, then I suggest you write under the Freedom of Information Act to one of the Departments already mentioned. Or you could go to this page: http://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/egypt/index.html
If you wish to get into a discussion about Thailand and democracy, don't. Dozer has already banned that topic so that this website will survive, along with the diverse views of its members.
You could always write to the Australian Embassy and state your case, I'm sure one of the many 3rd Secretaries there would be delighted to write back and hold long discourses with you on Australian foreign policy..........but probably only if you are Australian and vote at elections. If you don't/didn't vote then you'll get a fine in the post or a please explain letter on why you didn't vote. :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to general