Male blocked

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Male blocked

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 pm

It may make at least one member happy that the online version of a well-known British daily 'newspaper' has been blocked by a ministry not far from here. :shock:

I have just returned from a trip to the 'green and pleasant land' [still green but not so pleasant these days] and so maybe I missed the reason behind this move.

Anyone know?

Should 'green and pleasant land' now be replaced with 'groans from the peasants land'?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Male blocked

Postby fredlk » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Welcome Home!! :D
MGV12 wrote:a well-known British daily 'newspaper'

I'm pleased you used the quotes.
MGV12 wrote: maybe I missed the reason behind this move.

Bad journalism, inciting racial prejudice, sensationalism, homophobia, lies ....... all of the above and more.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:01 pm

fredlk wrote:Welcome Home!! :D
MGV12 wrote:a well-known British daily 'newspaper'

I'm pleased you used the quotes.
MGV12 wrote: maybe I missed the reason behind this move.

Bad journalism, inciting racial prejudice, sensationalism, homophobia, lies ....... all of the above and more.

"Here comes Freddie" - as quick a response as expected :lol:

The above reasons I believe are your opinion of said 'rag' as against those of a certain ministry.

Does that mean you also don't know their justification? As I doubt they are the same.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm

MGV12 wrote:Does that mean you also don't know their justification? As I doubt they are the same.

MGV12,
Since you have been gone, and now returned (MacArthur perhaps) various sites have been banned because they promoted "gambling" at the World Soccer Cup? Biting comments are also banned. The worse site they found was run by the Association of Tennis Professionals and that tour, which must have links to the Daily Mail, if it's the same mail we are talking about? Or is it male? Doesn't matter, it's banned because of gambling. Maybe one ball too many hitting the rackets there, but I think it should be racquets, but then that could be a racket as well.
To be honest I don't know. No biting please.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:58 pm

I do believe the generals didn't like a comment made. Welcome back to the land of smiles. Fred is still up goodness me! :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Does that mean you also don't know their justification? As I doubt they are the same.

MGV12,
Since you have been gone, and now returned (MacArthur perhaps) various sites have been banned because they promoted "gambling" at the World Soccer Cup? Biting comments are also banned. The worse site they found was run by the Association of Tennis Professionals and that tour, which must have links to the Daily Mail, if it's the same mail we are talking about? Or is it male? Doesn't matter, it's banned because of gambling. Maybe one ball too many hitting the rackets there, but I think it should be racquets, but then that could be a racket as well.
To be honest I don't know. No biting please.

It got so bad poor RR and yours truly had our little conversation on cth close. Well the nerve.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:09 pm

BKKBILL wrote:It got so bad poor RR and yours truly had our little conversation on cth close. Well I nerve.

I told you not to bet on Canada, but you insisted.
I actually think all tennis stars should be banned, except perhaps Maria Sharapova. Could you imagine getting drunk and waking up next to Venus?
MGV12,
Does this mean Bill and I are allowed to talk again, or is that another subject closed?
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
BKKBILL wrote:It got so bad poor RR and yours truly had our little conversation on cth close. Well I nerve.

I told you not to bet on Canada, but you insisted.
I actually think all tennis stars should be banned, except perhaps Maria Sharapova. Could you imagine getting drunk and waking up next to Venus?
MGV12,
Does this mean Bill and I are allowed to talk again, or is that another subject closed?

It's not my fault and I'm taking the 5th. Oh wait wrong country. I'd look kind of small standing next to Sharapova let alone Venus. Shiver me timbers. :mrgreen:
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:MGV12,

Don't recall ever blocking you two males from having a nice little chat 8)

MGV12

Postby fredlk » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:34 am

MGV12 wrote: the 'green and pleasant land' [still green but not so pleasant these days]

I'd be interested to hear your observations and comments on the country of your birth and how it has changed in recent years.
I know that in my time living and then visiting there, 1974 to 1998, I witnessed a huge change, some for the better, but in 1998 I decided it would be my last visit.
fredlk

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:18 pm

I think I would have the longest and oldest recollections of "Dear Old Blighty" and I can't think of anything where there has been improvements compared to the past, but I can certainly name a lot of negatives , especially in the last 50 years ,and that's from observations when just visiting , God help it if you actually had to live there.
Mike Judd

Postby unclezillion » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 pm

the male was blocked because it did a story about the Thai royal family
unclezillion

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:56 pm

fredlk wrote:
MGV12 wrote: the 'green and pleasant land' [still green but not so pleasant these days]

I'd be interested to hear your observations and comments on the country of your birth and how it has changed in recent years.
I know that in my time living and then visiting there, 1974 to 1998, I witnessed a huge change, some for the better, but in 1998 I decided it would be my last visit.

Mike Judd wrote:I think I would have the longest and oldest recollections of "Dear Old Blighty" and I can't think of anything where there has been improvements compared to the past, but I can certainly name a lot of negatives , especially in the last 50 years ,and that's from observations when just visiting , God help it if you actually had to live there.

I have been a bit busy :roll: catching up since my return to a place [my chosen home] so different but only in the form of its challenges to my previous home. However, I knew Mike would respond :)

If I did give you an answer to your off-topic [ :lol: ] question it might ramble on a while so maybe we need a new thread 'Things you will not miss from your Mother/Fatherland'. BTW why are gender tags placed upon different countries?

So as not to completely sidestep the question: Whilst I was in that green and pleasant land my decision to leave was further endorsed. The maximum fine for speeding on a motorway is apparently to be increased to [a maximum of] 10,000 GBP and yet no more than a few years ago those who set the laws were considering raising the maximum speed limit on motorways. Now you can be hammered [means-tested so they say] for driving at a speed that they were considering making legal recently; unless you are riding a motorcycle as the license and 'driver' cameras have to identify from the front of the vehicle and motorbikes are not required to have a front license plate, and the rider wears a helmet ..... by law! Crazy enough to get Mike excited even though he hasn't lived there in a while. I hear from friends who do live in his adopted land that [in certain territories] it's no better in Aus ... although in others you can get away with anything. My previous wife lived in Louisiana and when a new state governor was appointed he revoked the law that required motorbike riders to wear a helmet ... because he rode motorbikes and preferred not to wear a helmet!

MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:27 pm

MGV12 wrote:I hear from friends who do live in his adopted land that [in certain territories] it's no better in Aus ... although in others you can get away with anything.

You wouldn't be talking about the No Limit speed limit in the Northern Territory by any chance? No serious accidents or deaths reported so far. I think it should be extended to cover all highways. If it's good enough for the Germans and Italians why not for the Aussies.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 am

The R.T.A. tell us that Speed Kills,! but that's not quite true, it's a bit like falling from a great height , the problem is the sudden stop that does the damage. All these Laws and regulations in our Nanny States in the south ! trying to wrap us all up in cotton wool for all of our lives ,is only negating Natures way of culling the weak and stupid out of the exploding population.( Apologies to all the weak and stupid out there ) Or to quote my very old Rigging teacher many many years ago." There is no such thing as an accident, it's either Murder or suicide" !
Mike Judd

Next

Return to general