bitchin' anna complainin'

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: bitchin' anna complainin'

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:57 pm

MGV12 wrote:Australians unhappier than 'whingeing Pom' Brits

Australians have been forced to abandon their traditional taunting of Britons as “whingeing Poms”
after a survey found they were less happy despite enjoying growing wealth and a much stronger economy.

I love this part:
Mr Pascoe said Britons appeared to be happier despite a “higher unemployment rate, greater poverty, miserable weather, inferior food, greater obesity, lousy beaches, lower life expectancy, warm, sudsy beer, bleak economic prospects and Coronation Street still being in production”.

What a really solid scientific survey too; customers of the NAB are notorious pessimists, they have to be bank with the NAB.
Punter Ponting doesn't look too happy in the photo either, probably went for a duck. :lol: :lol: :lol: Or Shane Warne got an on field dirty phone call. :lol: :lol: Or he just copped a fine for sledging the whinging poms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Australians unhappier than 'whingeing Pom' Brits

Australians have been forced to abandon their traditional taunting of Britons as “whingeing Poms”
after a survey found they were less happy despite enjoying growing wealth and a much stronger economy.

I love this part:
Mr Pascoe said Britons appeared to be happier despite a “higher unemployment rate, greater poverty, miserable weather, inferior food, greater obesity, lousy beaches, lower life expectancy, warm, sudsy beer, bleak economic prospects and Coronation Street still being in production”.

What a really solid scientific survey too; customers of the NAB are notorious pessimists, they have to be bank with the NAB.
Punter Ponting doesn't look too happy in the photo either, probably went for a duck. :lol: :lol: :lol: Or Shane Warne got an on field dirty phone call. :lol: :lol: Or he just copped a fine for sledging the whinging poms. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like that's going to change anything I think we all pretty much have formed our opinions on life in general and will go to the grave with them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What was that prhase You can,t teach an old dog new tricks ??[/quote]

I REST MY CASE :roll:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:45 pm

geordie wrote:

I REST MY CASE :roll:

Sorry ... what was that you said about an old dog not being able to learn new tricks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm

I always know when to give up but being stubborn there are days I find it difficult to listen to my own advice and it causes a lot of arguments with me
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 am

Geordie ! I guess you have heard that well known oldie , "Everybody is a bit funny, except you and I and I have my doubts about you sometimes.?
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:48 am

By the way, when are Bunnings going to open a store in Thailand, all their stuff comes from China and I thought they had a Free Trade Agreement.
Here's Bunning's latest mobile Tool chest, T.V. Radio, Beer frig, and oh yes ,there's a few compartments and gliding draws for actual tools.$3,000 I'll let you work out the price in B's . The other photo shows their range in Wheel barrows, Steel trays,or poly, normal wheels or extra wide, price from $100 to the Rolls Royce Tradesman for $230. As said, all made in China.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 am

Our Honda Jazz hit the 100,000 kms a few months ago during the Motor Show so I got dragged along to have a look at new cars because at 100,000 or 4 years old, "new" cars become old cars and things start to go wrong. As my wife works for the Japanese Company Sumiden that supplies Nissan with a lot of parts, their cars were on the top of my wife's list. As my daughter will be the main driver, with me relegated to copilot, her top of the list was Suzuki. I stayed with the Jaguar pavilion most of the day and even got some decent offers for used Jags that were being traded, or they said they were being traded. Of course it was all wishful thinking on my part because my daughter behind the wheel of a Jag would be like feeding strawberries to pigs......and I couldn't afford the fines, let alone the petrol bill.
So after being dragged around the Motor Show for 5 hours (Dad come and look at this one) and duly clutching a bag of pamphlets it was again down to Nissan or Suzuki. It would have been Honda, Nissan or Suzuki except for Honda's lousy brakes, all day long service for just an oil change, their satnav that doesn't work (70,000 baht) and a few other problems with the Jazz they haven't bothered to fix in over 4 years of services.
My wife loved the treatment she got with her "Supplier's ID" both at the Motor Show and at the dealers, but as she won't be the driver and Nissan had no Test Drive Micra models for me to get my hands on they slipped to second place. And of course the deciding factor was "you can get racing stripes with the Suzuki Swift", and there is a dealer at Bang Bua Thong.
To be totally honest there were a lot of deciding factors. Satnav, updated tyres and rims, radio, fuel consumption, service, service and service as well as waiting lists: 5 days for Suzuki, a lot longer for Nissan. So last week we took delivery of our new larey Swift.....after being screwed around at the dealers by kids who would prefer to play with their cell phones than listen to exactly what we wanted. To be honest we nearly walked away twice. If the owner/manager hadn't spoken English and rode the lazy bugger (salesman who had already quit) the whole way we would have quit on them. As it was they were still working on the car a day after it was ready for pick-up.
And, just like the Jazz, there is a long list of little things that need fixing in the coming days: The two tyres on the back rims are too small in width and of course I'd already pointed this out to them on the car in the showroom and they said "will fix, will fix", but they didn't bother. I even took a set of home made calipers along to show them that the tyres were too small in width, so they need changing. The very nice 3D satnav/TV/radio came in Thai and can't be changed to English because none of them knew how to do it. The radio part is in English, but the navigator is in Thai..... and the radio keeps changing back to Thai. And of course there is no manual because they kept it so "the man who puts them in is overseas and won't be back for a week" so they surmised I couldn't read the damned English manual. I think all it needs is a new different SD card, but that was after a kid fiddled with it for 4 hours while I fumed. And of course I wanted ventilated disc brakes all around, not just on the front and was promised faithfully they would have the name of the supplier ready....but again they didn't bother. And then the boy buggered the paperwork after my wife had taken a half day off from work (it's in her name so she gets the speeding tickets) and was she pissed off because now she has to go back again and again just to sign one of their internal documents.
I also gave instructions that the car was to be fitted with an ashtray.......horror of horrors. The first reply was "Suzuki don't supply". So I dragged the little lying s**t to the show cabinet and pointed to the ashtray that slots perfectly in the blank space infront of the auto gear shift.... which he then claimed was for the key. The owner/manager was even getting pissed off by this stage. And when I also ordered a cover for the car because there's no shade in my daughter's college car park he went into a great song and dance about UV rays and s**t he had no knowledge about. Why do they do that?
And my daughter wanted leather seats in red and black, but he claimed Suzuki had stopped making them in those colours and he'd suggest ......
Three damned days I spent at the dealers with my daughter (one quite pleasant one with the owner) that should have taken half a day. And it's not over yet because even though we have the car here, insured, in my wife's name that damned Thai kid botched so many things that he has to get my wife's signature all over again.
I also won't go into the trade-in part where the boy claimed they couldn't take a Jazz as trade-in because they only took Suzuki's. If I hadn't had the owner's mobile phone number we would have walked away. It was a constant stream of boy ring wife with excuse, her ring me, me ring the owner and back to boy ring wife and say "it was mistake and not his fault". I have rarely be stuffed around so much in my life especially when I'm paying.
And of course there was no fuel in the car when I'd told them I wanted it full and gave them 2,000 baht to do it, but again they didn't bother. And next year Thailand becomes part of Asean... if there is anything left of Thailand by then. Finally, I'm not complaining, I'm bitching. No wonder my blood pressure is high at the moment.
P.S. and I forgot to mention their claimed English at the back manual is just in Thai. Sigh, sigh, sigh. Lucky it only happens every few years.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 am

Roger Ramjet wrote: their claimed English at the back manual is just in Thai.

I phoned Suzuki head office at 027275922 and asked for an English manual which they sent after about 6 weeks.

Congratulations on the new car. I took the (top model) standard car and left it at that. It's when you want extras that all brains go into meltdown.

Photos would be nice.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

fredlk wrote:I phoned Suzuki head office at 027275922 and asked for an English manual which they sent after about 6 weeks.

Congratulations on the new car. I took the (top model) standard car and left it at that. It's when you want extras that all brains go into meltdown.

Photos would be nice.

Thank you for the number, I shall pass it on to the "pilot" as she has a week off before exams.
It is the top model and you are correct, it was meldown as soon as I said I wanted Satnav in it, let alone all the rest of the add-ons.
The transmission is perfect with the 1.3 motor and the ride is far better than the bone rattling Jazz. Why Honda changed their 7 speed transmission (iDSI) to the jerky 5 speed I'll never know.
Photos will be coming. No comments about the seats or exterior added "stripes" please, they should be addressed to my daughter.... but I do like them a bit.
Please also note, there is no bullshit "S" sport badge on it, just the bullshit double exhaust. :lol: .....when I post the photos.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:No comments about the seats or exterior added "stripes" please

I wanted stripes and something on the roof but the only thing that looks good is a black roof on a white car which somehow defeats the purpose of it being white in this climate.
All the stripes I've seen done have been either too wide or too narrow so I didn't bother.
The leather seats I thought of doing but when they said it would take 2 days I declined and anyway the dogs prefer cloth, they get a better grip while cornering at speed. :D
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 01, 2014 11:45 am

fredlk wrote:I wanted stripes and something on the roof but the only thing that looks good is a black roof on a white car which somehow defeats the purpose of it being white in this climate.
All the stripes I've seen done have been either too wide or too narrow so I didn't bother.
The leather seats I thought of doing but when they said it would take 2 days I declined and anyway the dogs prefer cloth, they get a better grip while cornering at speed.

Ah, my exact arguments in the showroom, and my daughter actually listened. Our Jazz was blue because she liked the movie star in the add and it cost me 10,000 because blue is not as good as white.... used car dealers will pay you 10,000 extra if you have a white car to trade in and white will also cost you 10,000 baht more because the new car dealers are trying to flog off the other colours first.
On the seats, at least you got the correct answer instead of the bullshit we got. My dogs both like leather because they have style and class. My daughter wanted leather because of the dog hair with the cloth seats and also because of the marks their paw marks leave on the door sill. I wanted them because it just cost me 3,000 baht to have the paw marks removed from the door cloth.... and also because I have style and class..... even though the seats are black and red. The red stripes are down the side of the car. Please wait for photos.
My camera will not work, so the batteries are being charged..... 12 hours 'till the photo shoot.
The dealer's boy has just been, document signed and all those lies he gave us about things that didn't work have been retracted and dates, times and places have been set to have the annoying things fixed.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Some photos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Some more:
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Thu May 01, 2014 6:08 pm

It looks like the Zulex module I have in the Mazda. There are English settings on it.
I like the Sport exhaust and the go-faster bonnet stripes. The colour matches the number plates.
Your air-conditioning is bloody cold though. We (my dogs and I) like it on 25 degrees after 9 a.m. Before that it's switched off and the windows are open.
The seats and door cards are nice but tell her from me to LOSE THE HELLO KITTY CUSHION! It is somehow less macho than the rest.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 pm

RR .. you mentioned that the rear tyres are "too small" ... the pic of the front tyres you posted suggests that they are also undersized for the wheel rims. With you 'nominated' driver doing the parking maneuvers those highlighted wheel rims won't stay like that for long!!!! The external bead on the tyre should always extend beyond the wheel rim.

IMG_4209.JPG

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to general