bitchin' anna complainin'

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

bitchin' anna complainin'

Postby fredlk » Fri May 03, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm starting this topic as a place for people to vent their frustrations about wives, maids, watery cement, shoddy workmanship, black mains-water, warped doors and whatever else some people need to whinge about on an almost daily basis.

If it weren't meant to be taken seriously by the poster then it could have been placed under Friendly Banter, but banter it isn't, it's an indictment of the lack of codes, professionalism, education, facilities, and whatever else the Thai fail in.

Come on knock yourself out!
fredlk

Re: bitchin' anna complainin'

Postby schuimpge » Fri May 03, 2013 5:31 pm

:D if ever there's a good idea on a Friday afternoon..

Let's start with the lack of understanding that a salary is limited but seemingly my wife's demands are ever increasing with always the same words: "It's only a little bit". For this one, for that one and on to the next but forgetting to add them all up.
That will then result in the same argument time after time, but I seem to have found the right solution now, to just ask her to pay it from her personal budget...the money she puts on her face...lol.. :lol:
schuimpge

Postby geordie » Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Should i mention that the police took my licence from me? The offence is being a farrang driving a vios with red number plates while i was parked explaining to him i have no money :lol: Two more cars with red number plates were allowed to drive through unhindered as well as a motorcycle with no exhaust no number plate and no helmet almost guaranteed no insurance or licence What a wonderful system they have here

Whinge no 2 it appears that permision was never granted to build the hous i am working on?A minor oversight unless you talk turkey to th planning officer who reckons that it should be a hanging offence for a mere 200000 (not a misprint)it can be overlooked? And insiting that the job close untill resolved :mrgreen: tommorow we pour the beamms for upper floor monday we remove the hired steel shuttering and we will shut down the site it was imminent anyway as i am headed for a couple of weeks in uk so it will be interesting to see what happens then as his threat is pay or i stop you working

Whing no 3is going into a yard with 8/9 mobile cranes and trying to hire one how stupin of me passing this place daily and not realising they repair the things there How strange the muppets in there could not tell me the location or name of a single company that hires cranes
Maybe next time i will ask at a dentists probably more helpful i

Whinge number 4is booking concrete 15 cubic meters both in english and via a thai speaker so no mistake would be made suprise suprice i go to pay onlt to be told no booking had been made?.. And as the had received a large order for tommorow i had little chance of getting any and equally no chance of seeing a pump so the order was placed with another company who had a rep waiting on site for me before i drove back from the first company si i am hoping it will not be the usual watered down short load that turns up otherwise it will be left on the truck and he can deliver it elswhere

I am losing faith rapidly with being here with the police operating a protection racket the unhelpfulness of the people in general unless there is a financial gain for the but what really pee,s me off is when i talk to a Thai about how disgusted i am the will point out this is rhailand so its o k to extort money from farrangs it ok to be totally unhelpfu so nothing will change soon other than
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 pm

geordie wrote:Should i mention that the police took my licence from me? The offence is being a farrang driving a vios with red number plates while i was parked explaining to him i have no money

Geordie,
Now you've been in Thailand long enough to know what to do. When they take your licence you just hop out of the car and lock it where it is. No licence, means no drive. You then walk away. I bet he gives the licence back. The reason they take it is because farangs who don't have retirement visas just leave the country and don't pay, but if you have even a 3 month visa they'll give it back. If it belongs to a rental company then there should be a book in the car to match the number plate, if there is no book then you shouldn't have signed for the car and if both are in order he can't touch you, but if they are not, then lock the car and call the rental company, it's their problem then. Red plates are bad news, too many people drive for too long on them, hence the police cracking down on their use, mostly because the red plate on the car doesn't match to the dealer who owns the red plate. And never drive at night on a red plate if you go from one district to another because it's totally illegal. The law says you must arrive at your destination before dusk on a red plate.
Pay the 1,000 baht fine, or get the hire car company to pay.
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Sun May 05, 2013 4:32 am

You hit the nail on the head rr it was after midnight and i was misplaced (lost) driving around following names of places i thought i recognised so i was in the wrong about the plates however it did not alter the fact i was following a vw on red plates and two other cars drove through the check point with them no hinderance but the problem has been chucked at the hire company to retreive my licence and the question has been asked is there a reduction on the car as i cannot use it after 9 pm apparently good news is i have a second copy of the licence :lol: so not bothered too much about driving here without it :mrgreen:

The planning officer has been going over the drawings on the project i am looking after and has sugested that the engineer who sighned them off is an idiot and now is sgesting 350 000 or stop work so having pumped the concrete for the beams
The hired forms will be removed on monday / Tuesday and the site will be closed down for a few weeks untill the guy sobers up or stops smoking the herbal tobaco
geordie

Postby geordie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Well Ram Intra is proving to be a place NOT TO LIVE ??
So far almost weekly if I venture off site between 10-30 am 2-30 pm its almost a certainty to cost me 200 bht for a trumped up traffic offence last week being in a grotty mood I was stopped on the m/cycle for riding in the outside lane ??? the inside lane was being used by the police to stop people for various reasons and collect toll money the inside lane is also dedicated route for the highway the outside lane going nowhere other than a u turn which is where I was headed so I explained this to the bandit who stopped me but to no avail I was given the option 200 bht or go to the police station so I elected for the station this caused a problem because I was supposed to cough up money :mrgreen: I summoned over what appeared to be a senior officer and explained I was not willing to pay but quite happy for him to go ahead confiscate the m/cycle or me or both and my lawyer would sort it out
This was met with a lot of talking in thai and the summoning of a third policeman who spoke better English to explain to me the offence his disappointment was very obvious when I said fine give me a ticket or arrest me I also questioned why the idiot sheet of offences was printed in English only and a laminated copy carried by several of them
given that I had merely popped out for plumbing fittings total cost 120 bht I was no way giving them anything so I then phoned a Thai lady who interprets for me when I have problems she also explained I was not willing to pay as it is now becoming a weekly !TOLL! after a forty minuite delay when it became obvious was not going to play / pay I was told I could leave so the camera is now being refitted to the pickup The police are little more than bandits in uniform the only time the do not operate their toll road is on a sat or sun when the traffic is stationary in the area

Whinge No 2 is a warning
Early stages of the build we suffered a delay because of lack of permission to build this was sorted to the tune of 150000 to the relevant people I still think court would have been cheaper imagine my surprise when I was visited on a sunday by two uniformed gentlemen declaring themselves as building inspectors ??? I really did not think they existed :shock: :shock: it would appear we are in breach of planning because to get permission the drawings were amended showing no windows in the walls both sides of the house
As this was purely to get permission the windows were fitted as planned so the visit was totally unexpected at this moment in time negotiations are taking place to find out how much this infringement will cost ??
The standby plan is to sheet over the windows inside and out with smartboard and render/plaster to match existing walls then open them up again when the dust settles
:D Basically I am just pleased this is not my house I don,t have to live there :D
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 am

I guess planning thought it was a little more than changing the plan to get permission showing no windows.

Seems you sure did teach those BIB a thing or two or three. :roll: :roll:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm

The biggest shock was finding they did actually have inspectors ??
Not difficult to resolve with a bit of smartboard and a bit of render :lol: :lol:
Might be able to convince them that the toilet bathroom windows are a necessity leaving leavin a mere 11 widows to blank out lukilly I was not privy to the tea money dealings nor was I given an updated drawing
The police are a bigger issue bloody bandits
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 pm

geordie wrote:The police are a bigger issue bloody bandits

Maybe China would be better seems everything is well documented.
60 CCTV cameras.jpg

Eat your heart out, NSA: Chinese road has SIXTY CCTV cameras (and they can't see anything on any of them half the time, because of the smog)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2jvsLONUz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BKKBILL

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 pm

I think the problem is two fold they rely on the money to subsidise poor salary,s
No politician would dare speak out against them because its institutionalised from the humble beat copper through to the biggest boss merely the size of the donation changes when I have misbehaved I do not mind paying but when it becomes a toll I object stronly
I suspect even if you paid it into the police station it would end up filtered off into someone,s pocket
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 pm

BKKBILL wrote: (and they can't see anything on any of them half the time, because of the smog)

As they are obviously 'Made in China' it could be that much of the 'smog' is inside the camera!

Bringing it back home for Geordie:

5.9 million CCTV cameras in UK

Thursday 11th July 2013

There are up to 5.9 million CCTV cameras in Britain, according to a report by The British Security Industry Association.

The association says it is the biggest survey that has been done so far, and the results suggest there could be millions more cameras in the country than previous records show.

It's thought Britain could have more CCTV cameras than any other country in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/23279409

The relevant question should be why does a country like Britain need so much surveillance! Maybe it's simply down to them getting a job-lot of cheap smog-infested cameras from the PRC!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 pm

MGV12 wrote:
BKKBILL wrote: (and they can't see anything on any of them half the time, because of the smog)

As they are obviously 'Made in China' it could be that much of the 'smog' is inside the camera!

Bringing it back home for Geordie:

5.9 million CCTV cameras in UK

Thursday 11th July 2013

There are up to 5.9 million CCTV cameras in Britain, according to a report by The British Security Industry Association.

The association says it is the biggest survey that has been done so far, and the results suggest there could be millions more cameras in the country than previous records show.

A lot of the gear is made here for uk as i departed UK LUL were revamping their stations with camera,s looking at camera,s some of the smaller two platform stations had 70 80 cameras where as somewhere like kings cross 600 plus but what i used to find realy annoying was town center !!safety camers !! one Borough had 35 safety camera,s with one operator controler but on the other side of the room were 60 plus camera,s used for traffic monitoring with three operators and a supervisor dishing out tickets for parking offences or junping the lights or parking in the yellow at box juntions keeping people safe costs money but dishing out tickets to unsuspecting motorists is a real money earner we had contracts for town center safety camera,s which required us to repair within 3 days trafic cams were twelve hours a safety camera could be removed to the workshop for repair a trafic camera was replaced imediately from the spares they could afford to have from their unlimited budget but the size of the cameras was comical as well safety camera,s being large bulky obvious instalation trafic cameras wer smaller domes with high resolution camer,s The problem is other countries will catch on and copy last i hear germany was not far behind and france was getting in on the action but with a glut of low cost low reselution camera,s easily available an pre made leads so simple to install a lot of people are installing cctv in their homes as well whereas 10 years ago if you saw cctv on a house in brixton it was there to wrn of police raids (selling drugs) these days people think nothing of it when they see a camera but also the compact size make them easy to hide

It's thought Britain could have more CCTV cameras than any other country in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/23279409

The relevant question should be why does a country like Britain need so much surveillance! Maybe it's simply down to them getting a job-lot of cheap smog-infested cameras from the PRC!
geordie

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:31 am

It looks like George Orwell was spot on with his 1984 predictions , just a bit early with it. !
Mike Judd

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:04 am

Find it interesting being ticketed in BKK is normally 200 Baht all in yet the real extortion is somehow legitimized over there in the UK with some trumped up counsel law.

A CCTV picture with get you a £130 (6,550 Baht) for a moving offence. No worries though if you cave within 14 days you only have to pay the extortionists £65. Interestingly not a BIB in sight, oh well.

We best not get into dropping a cigarette butt on the ground. Hear that's a crow-bar offence. :mrgreen:

bitchin’ anna complaiin indeed.

http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/parkin ... peals.aspx
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm going to write this whilst it is still fresh in my mind, so that everyone gets a laugh and I don't punch a Siemen's technician, if and when he arrives. This is a shortened version due to lack of 100 pages but concerns pushing knobs, ignition switches and turning knobs to numbers. The Germans, or members of German extraction or lineage, amongst us might like to comment, after all my simple gas oven is German, but I think written in German. Or converted from German to Thai and then English.
Here is how to heat the oven, I quote: "Open the upper lid. The upper lid must be kept open as you bake". (I think that refers to the glass top). "Turn on the main gas switch of the appliance. Connect the appliance to the mains. Open the oven lid"". (I wonder what I do first, connect the gas or, well or, because there is no main gas switch on the appliance, so they must be talking about the gas regulator on the gas bottle, or are they.
"To clear the odour caused by first use, heat up the oven with the lid closed". Hang on they just said not to do that. Hmmmm. So how do I light the oven? Hmmmmm. Ah here's that part I quote: "Open the upper lid". And so I have read and reread the oven handbook and each time it tells me to do one thing, it tells me not to do that. But the best part is when they tell me I am not capable of using their devise (and I'm not) so I should call one of their technicians.
Which is what I've had done twice, because absolutely nobody there (Siemens) speaks English. One person (Thai) who said he spoke English "did not understand" and referred me to the manual. And so for the second time I have a technician coming out to show me how to light my f##king gas oven at 900 baht a shot, But he doesn't speak English.
Roger Ramjet

Next

Return to general