Rules and Regulations

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 am

I believe the bottom of this article relates to the monk who has 50 Mercedes Benz stored at his temple: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... car-claims
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 pm

It's a deadly weapon...

if you're a fly! Shop asks mum to show ID to buy a FLY SWAT
Nicola Butcher, 33, was stunned when her local hardware shop asked for ID
The cashier, in her 50s, insisted swat was classified an 'offensive weapon'
Mother was forced to show ID despite both laughing about the situation
Shop said there must have been an error with the til system


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2dF3MM9V6
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 pm

A long long time ago.

Switching Which Side Of The Road You Drive On Looks Really Confusing

o-SWEDEN-900.jpg


o-SWEDEN2-900.jpg


o-SWEDEN3-900.jpg


o-SWEDEN4-900.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby Ians » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Must be Sweden when they changed sides.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Man wins parking ticket battle with council – who hit back by painting double yellow lines on the space outside his house

Dimitris Legakis appealed parking ticket because he left his vehicle in a space with no road markings
Appeal was successful, but council struck back, painting new yellow lines
Legakis claims that council is being needlessly bureaucratic
Changing road markings is much cheaper than changing parking laws

By LUKE GARRATT
PUBLISHED: 17:48 GMT, 12 February 2014 | UPDATED: 18:28 GMT, 12 February 2014


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tBfSRJH5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby MGV12 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Man wins parking ticket battle with council – who hit back by painting double yellow lines on the space outside his house

Dimitris Legakis appealed parking ticket because he left his vehicle in a space with no road markings
Appeal was successful, but council struck back, painting new yellow lines
Legakis claims that council is being needlessly bureaucratic
Changing road markings is much cheaper than changing parking laws

By LUKE GARRATT
PUBLISHED: 17:48 GMT, 12 February 2014 | UPDATED: 18:28 GMT, 12 February 2014


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tBfSRJH5


Would that be this DIMITRIS LEGAKIS or another one?

Followed most of what he said [ :roll: ] but why did he never get around to playing that violin?



Or maybe it's this one https://www.facebook.com/dimitris.legakis.9

Or this one https://twitter.com/legakisd

Or this one http://gr.linkedin.com/pub/dimitris-legakis/16/826/99b

Or this one http://www.mixcloud.com/legakis/

Or this one http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ed-2015146 like the new spelling of "Swansaea City"

Or this one http://www.corbisimages.com/photographe ... is-legakis

Alright I give up ... who is he and why with such a prolific profile on Google does he live in an apparently poor area of Swansea?

Maybe DIMITRIS LEGAKIS is as ubiquitous in Greece as JOHN SMITH is in the UK .... any Greek members looking in?

Wait a wait a freakin' minute ... of course there is [ancestrally] the oracle of all things from that neck of the woods SIRINEOU! He's sure to have an answer.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby sirineou » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:55 pm

I am afraid it's all Greek to me :lol:
Opa!!!
and I am sure there more than one Dimitris Logakis in Greece.
I remember when my Dad retired and moved back to Greece.
after a few months I asked him how he liked living there,
his reply " Stevie, Greece is nice, if it wasn't for all the Greeks there it would be great" :lol: :lol:
I am sure many of you have the same opinion about Thailand :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:29 am

sirineou wrote:his reply " Stevie, Greece is nice, if it wasn't for all the Greeks there it would be great" :lol: :lol:
I am sure many of you have the same opinion about Thailand :lol:

No, I haven't come across too many Greeks here.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby MGV12 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 am

fredlk wrote:
sirineou wrote:his reply " Stevie, Greece is nice, if it wasn't for all the Greeks there it would be great" :lol: :lol:
I am sure many of you have the same opinion about Thailand :lol:

No, I haven't come across too many Greeks here.


Here's your chance :lol:

http://www.expat-blog.com/en/nationalit ... /thailand/

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 am

MGV12 wrote:
fredlk wrote:
sirineou wrote:his reply " Stevie, Greece is nice, if it wasn't for all the Greeks there it would be great" :lol: :lol:
I am sure many of you have the same opinion about Thailand :lol:

No, I haven't come across too many Greeks here.


Here's your chance :lol:

http://www.expat-blog.com/en/nationalit ... /thailand/

23 in all. The rest are just wannabees. :D
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby sirineou » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 am

fredlk wrote:
sirineou wrote:his reply " Stevie, Greece is nice, if it wasn't for all the Greeks there it would be great" :lol: :lol:
I am sure many of you have the same opinion about Thailand :lol:

No, I haven't come across too many Greeks here.

That's because you are not applying your self. Stop being such a slacker, go out there and meet some Greeks, your life will not be complete until you do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Phaulkon
beware of Greeks bearing gifts. :mrgreen:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Woman is JAILED for not returning a video she rented NINE years ago - even though the store has now gone out of business. To add insult to injury it stared Jennifer Lopez. Don't mess with Jennie. :mrgreen:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tZkezI9K
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby MGV12 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Good old GBS had some perceptive things to say during his many years on this planet ... one could sum up current situations on another thread:

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby sirineou » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 am

MGV12 wrote:Good old GBS had some perceptive things to say during his many years on this planet ... one could sum up current situations on another thread:

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw

GBS had a lot of clever things to say, but this one is not one that I, and I am sure many others don't think applies to them.
I deserve a lot better, where every one else deserves a lot worst :mrgreen:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Rules and Regulations

Postby MGV12 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 am

sirineou wrote: I deserve a lot better, where every one else deserves a lot worst :mrgreen:


One day the world may appreciate your true worth and what you really deserve :) but then again maybe they already do :P :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

PreviousNext

Return to general

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests