petrol in Thailand

Any expat related issue or comment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: petrol in Thailand

Postby BKKBILL » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm

fredlk wrote:Pigs in Space.

It really depends of the weight of these pigs. Are they really weightless or............., but no problem as Apple will have an app for the calculation.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby sirineou » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:46 pm

BKKBILL wrote:
fredlk wrote:Pigs in Space.

It really depends of the weight of these pigs. Are they really weightless or............., but no problem as Apple will have an app for the calculation.

I was reading some where about the problems encountered on long space trips to Mars , by having male and female pigs in the crew.
or wast it that the males would make pigs on them selves???? I cant remember my memory is not what it used to be, which is a good thing because my memory was never very good.
But I digress. :oops:

But they would be using fuel to get there, and some of it could be from Thailand, so I guess I am still on subject. :D
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby payebacs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 pm

sirineou wrote:Compressed air cars are much more apropos to this tread the let's say..... Pinochet or Margaret Thatcher
Yes, Margaret Thatcher I did qualify that I was off topic with that one but it wasn't the final straw. Air cars? Then to even better air cars? And in a different country? Pigs in space? I think that was Makmak's contribution
Makmak456 wrote:I;m here for cheap beer and hot chicks.
Not to save the planet.
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby sirineou » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 pm

payebacs wrote:
sirineou wrote:Compressed air cars are much more apropos to this tread the let's say..... Pinochet or Margaret Thatcher
Yes, Margaret Thatcher I did qualify that I was off topic with that one but it wasn't the final straw. Air cars? Then to even better air cars? And in a different country? Pigs in space? I think that was Makmak's contribution
Makmak456 wrote:I;m here for cheap beer and hot chicks.
Not to save the planet.

I have to agree with MakMak.
tough Mak Mam is not married yet.
After he get's married he might find out(like I did), that what he get's is Hot Beer and a cold Chick :(

and remember , space belongs to all,
Pigs in space can be just as Thai as anything else.
How do you like that for debating?? as the great philosopher Charlie Sheen would say " WININGgg"
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby fredlk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 am

fredlk wrote:
MGV12 wrote: a month's 'real life' trial and we will all benefit from a direct comparison of 'natural v's [still bad but comparatively] Eco-friendly' Gasohol. Will you do that for us ... will ya?

I will however next time put in non-gasohol, i.e. benzine 91, and see what the difference is in average consumption.

Today with 540 kilometres on the clock and still 10 litres left in the tank I filled up again with Esso but this time Benzine (non-Gasohol) 91. So far the average consumption is the same after about 20 kilometres and I feel no difference in performance. This is the last time I will be putting in non-Gasohol because the price is 43 Baht per litre compared to 33 Baht for Gasohol. With a 25% higher price I doubt if a 5% or 10% saving in fuel consumption would justify the extra expense.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 am

Now that's how to conduct a non scientific experiment, how to defy the laws of maths and how bad assumptions are made.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:54 pm

After 100 kilometres of varied driving, 75 percent of it in town, I'm averaging a constant 16.7 kilometres per litre.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:40 pm

fredlk wrote:After 100 kilometres of varied driving, 75 percent of it in town, I'm averaging a constant 16.7 kilometres per litre.

Which for our funny euro distances per funny euro liquid volume-challenged readers is 47.2 MPG[UK] or 39.3 MPG[US]

Not at all bad as it includes majority city driving.

Was that when being driven by Eddy or by Patsy ... or have they not been allowed to take the wheel yet?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 pm

MGV12 wrote:Was that when being driven by Eddy or by Patsy ... or have they not been allowed to take the wheel yet?

You forget that they have stunted growth and cannot actually drive because they can't reach the pedals. Patsy does flash the lights for me and gives the odd turn signal while Eddy hoots when assisting with the steering.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

fredlk wrote:You forget that they have stunted growth and cannot actually drive because they can't reach the pedals. Patsy does flash the lights for me and gives the odd turn signal while Eddy hoots when assisting with the steering.

Get with the programme Fred ... not suggesting you are the bald [challenged] guy in the back!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm

fredlk wrote:You forget that they have stunted growth and cannot actually drive because they can't reach the pedals. Patsy does flash the lights for me and gives the odd turn signal while Eddy hoots when assisting with the steering.

Addendum: I was a tad concerned about the "stunted growth" comment ... there's me thinking they were thoroughbreds like Geordie's clan.

MGV12

Postby fredlk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

MGV12 wrote:Get with the programme Fred ... not suggesting you are the bald [challenged] guy in the back!

Quite similar as some might tell you :lol: - the look that is - but my Eddy is so much better looking than that dog who obviously ran into the back of a parked bus.
MGV12 wrote:I was a tad concerned about the "stunted growth" comment ... there's me thinking they were thoroughbreds like Geordie's clan.

They are thinner and fitter than his lot and they don't have to have sex all the time like his do :roll: but when I say stunted I say it from a Labrador's or Great Dane's point of view.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

fredlk wrote: but when I say stunted I say it from a Labrador's point of view.

Good to know that my Labrador/Retriever might at some point be able to take the load off me :)

MGV12

Postby fredlk » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm

fredlk wrote:Today with 540 kilometres on the clock and still 10 litres left in the tank I filled up again with Esso but this time Benzine (non-Gasohol) 91.

My average fuel consumption is now 17.4 kilometres per litre doing varied driving in and outside of town.
I put in 30 litres - a three quarter tank - of the new Nitro V-Power 95 (Gasohol) at Shell today at 41.38 per litre. Let's see if my fuel-consumption goes down as advertised by them.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Driving my classic auto 3 litre i managed 240 miles on 40 litres if it was a horse it would be shot the milage was on sat nav because the the speedo don,t work :wink: left it to keep the milage down :lol: :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

PreviousNext

Return to general