Forum Home a mess

General construction topics - basically anything to do with building not covered in other topics.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Forum Home a mess

Postby sirineou » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm

I would like to participate but when ever I log on to CTH the Forum Home Screen is unreadable as in the screenshot. as viewed on a windos 10 computer running Google Chrome browser. Does anyone else have that problem, and how do you overcome it?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Re: Forum Home a mess

Postby Zoss » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:55 am

Hi sirineou,

I use Chrome under Windows 10, and have no formatting issues.

Cannot tell you why you do and I don't - have you tried different browsers?

Maybe you have the text size adjusted, or have zoomed the page?
Zoss

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am

sirineou wrote:I would like to participate but when ever I log on to CTH the Forum Home Screen is unreadable as in the screenshot. as viewed on a windos 10 computer running Google Chrome browser. Does anyone else have that problem, and how do you overcome it?

It doesn't happen for me, though it has happened very occasionally in the past.
You could make one of the other pages your default. The problem has never happened on these pages.

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/index.php
Or
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/search.php?search_id=unreadposts
Sometimewoodworker

Postby sirineou » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Thank you all for the prompt replies
I did try different magnifications on Chrome with out a resolution to the problem. I did Try MS Edge and it worked fine but the lettering was very small , I had to magnify to 200% for proper viewing. I looked in MS edge settings to see if there was a fond size setting but so far I was unsuccessful.
Since you all seem not to have a problem viewing the page on Chrome , I assume the problem must be some where in my Chrome preferences .
I have nothing against using MS Edge other than all my systems are set up to work with Chrome.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm

sirineou wrote:I did try different magnifications on Chrome with out a resolution to the problem. I did Try MS Edge and it worked fine but the lettering was very small , I had to magnify to 200% for proper viewing. I looked in MS edge settings to see if there was a fond size setting but so far I was unsuccessful.

I am running Windows 10 (updated) and Google Chrome, I don't have any problems with CTH other than it always wants to go to the old page, but I do have numerous problems with other sites that keep freezing or won't load.
I rang Google Thailand and they have said they are abiding by what they are told they can show and that the site I go to is for gambling (BigFish Games) because it has a slot machine page (one of its many games) and I explained that it was a game, but it is still banned as "they" claim it is a gambling site.
So I use a PIN and go through either Singapore or any of the EU countries without any problem.
Windows 10 is no problem, it appears to be Google that have bowed to pressure.
I also play other games on line Electronic Arts, and others with their own servers, the problem is getting out of Thailand. TOT is our server and everyone must go through them.
If you get a PIN server then there is no problems. I now have fibre optic cable and the speed is supposed to be 150 MPS, but is just 30 MPS. When I use the PIN and go through Singapore it increases to 50 MPS. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby Klondyke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 am

A minor remark: For a long time I am seeing the time at the forum showing some half an hour delay. Is it only because of my browser?
Klondyke

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:56 am

Klondyke wrote:A minor remark: For a long time I am seeing the time at the forum showing some half an hour delay. Is it only because of my browser?

The time is usually related to the computer you are using.

Unless of course you are so far into the sticks the electrons take longer to get to you :lol:
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Ians » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Mobile phone - - - I've had the problem for ages of a jumbled screen, but just ignored it, but after reading this post I decided to see if I could fix it - - just went to setting and reduced the font size, bingo fixed - no more jumbled screen.
Ians

Postby Klondyke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
Klondyke wrote:A minor remark: For a long time I am seeing the time at the forum showing some half an hour delay. Is it only because of my browser?

Unless of course you are so far into the sticks the electrons take longer to get to you :lol:
My computer shows the correct time automatically controlled by Internet. And showing everywhere the same whenever I get. Now again, when I am typing after 19:11, the forum has not reached 18:45.
But perhaps the signal from the forum is running few times around the world? :lol:
Klondyke

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Klondyke wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:

My computer shows the correct time automatically controlled by Internet. And showing everywhere the same whenever I get. Now again, when I am typing after 19:11, the forum has not reached 18:45.
But perhaps the signal from the forum is running few times around the world? :lol:

It would be a bit more than a few times round the world. It's about 3.25 Astronomical units, or a bit less than 2 round trips to the sun :P 8) :?
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Klondyke wrote:But perhaps the signal from the forum is running few times around the world?

It will show the time where the server is located.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Klondyke wrote:But perhaps the signal from the forum is running few times around the world?

It will show the time where the server is located.

In fact it showing a time that is not the same as any time zone (24 minutes behind Thailand) so the server clock is not being synchronised with any time server. However IMHO it's not worth trying to get it adjusted.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Andyfteeze » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 pm

yes the site is showing a different time to my PC. I suggest its to do with the server's synchronization. Google is showing 4hrs and 2 minutes difference with melbourne, so google isnt the problem.
Andyfteeze

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:yes the site is showing a different time to my PC. I suggest its to do with the server's synchronization. Google is showing 4hrs and 2 minutes difference with melbourne, so google isnt the problem.

Then the server would be in Thailand, but if it shows 32 minutes then the server would be in China. My clock shows the time of my PIN server and that changes all the time. I'd ignore it.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:04 pm

i never paid attentiuon anyway
Andyfteeze

Return to general