imigration caution ??? maybe

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

geordie

imigration caution ??? maybe

Post by geordie »

Hi all just had a call from chaing rai from a retiree who has his own house there in name of wife
aparently he has had threats of deportation for incorect address on visa the problem arose probably because his other house (he still owns) is the address he has used for a number of years on his visa
obviously he can remember the address more easily and uses it
some how he has been found out and they knocked on his door gave him/wife a dressing down forms to fill in and fined HER bht2000 and him song moon baht £200 aparently

this information can be taken with caution and may be totally untrue read example below

an example story
A drunk travelling a 10 kph left the road at a junction ending up in a rice paddy of some sixty
rai he then bolted as he had received no injury,s the soft mud having stopped his vehichle very swiftly however the family owning the sixty rai are upset at the complete destruction of the crop as they need it to live on all year

the message he tends to exagerate the truth a little

he did mention several farrangs in chaing mai as having commited suicide as a result of the crackdown i just thought it strange and wondered if anyone had heard of this happening at the momentno mention of it here or from several friends in thailand
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
Roger Ramjet

Re: imigration caution ??? maybe

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Geordie,
Ask him to send the two receipts he and his wife have from the fines, then cover his and her name and post them here. If he and his wife still own the other house and they have a blue/yellow book they can still use that address so I would be interested in what the receipts say. Thai immigration doesn't fine in pounds Geordie, I think he may have mixed too many drinks at Christmas or else he sent you the fictional part of a book he's writing.
Mishark

Post by Mishark »

...song moon or song muen or sorng moon or any variation of the spelling you like (as long as it is pronouced similar), as thai words in english have mutliple spellings. Why? Because there is no stanardised transliteration (conversion of text from one writing system into another) of thai into the roman (or what we call english) alphabet...

Anyway, sawng moon baht, is 20,000 baht, which is actually closer to £400...

Does he ever wonder where his money went?
When he is actually spending it at twice the speed he thinks he is?! :lol:
geordie

Post by geordie »

thanks guys i had a suspicion as i wrote it that it was going in the wrong place it should have went under garbage when it comes to money he is as tight as the proverbial ducks bottom :?
He does use the truth like a credit card its his flexible friend
Strange thing is he was sober when he phoned so i cannot understand the logic even when i mentioned quite a few people dotted around his area he persisted with the story
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Now here's an interesting question; how do I renew my visa if 1. Nontharburi Immigration office is under 6 foot of water? 2. The nearest other Immigration office is at Chang Wattana Road as is under water also and closed. So where is everyone going?
Will they fine me or anyone else for being late renewing a visa and why hasn't someone raised the issue on TV or in the papers?
Sunpax

Post by Sunpax »

are you sure wattana under water ?

read on Thai visa today...

Posted Today, 11:21

Nonthaburi Immigration is now handeled in Chang Wattana Immigration second floor. I was there today no floods at all on Chang Wattana Road from Tivanont Road to Governement Complex.Traffic was fine too

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504 ... try4795948
geordie

Post by geordie »

Sunpax wrote:are you sure wattana under water ?

read on Thai visa today...

Posted Today, 11:21

Nonthaburi Immigration is now handeled in Chang Wattana Immigration second floor. I was there today no floods at all on Chang Wattana Road from Tivanont Road to Governement Complex.Traffic was fine too

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504 ... try4795948

and all this when putting in you own shower contemplating on how to tile / baling water out
How do you find the time :mrgreen: