land splitting new law

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

land splitting new law

Post by dozer »

Our friend at the land office was just telling us of a new law that basically states (as I understand it) that an parcel of land my only be split 9 times for ever. That means if the 'mother' parcel starts out at 90 rai, and it is split into 10 rai pieces, those 10 chanotes are frozen and cannot be split again forever. The exception of course being applying for subdivision under the pre planned community (jan san) clause.

Before individual parcels could be resplit after a waiting period. Apparently this has a lot of folks involved in land deals upset.....

Any details?
Attila

Re: land splitting new law

Post by Attila »

dozer wrote:Our friend at the land office was just telling us of a new law that basically states (as I understand it) that an parcel of land my only be split 9 times for ever. That means if the 'mother' parcel starts out at 90 rai, and it is split into 10 rai pieces, those 10 chanotes are frozen and cannot be split again forever. The exception of course being applying for subdivision under the pre planned community (jan san) clause.

Before individual parcels could be resplit after a waiting period. Apparently this has a lot of folks involved in land deals upset.....

Any details?
I did also hear that a lot of 1 rai / 3 rai etc. plots offered around Mabprachan lake cannot be split anymore. So you would be stuck with a plot may be to big / expensive for you, without being able to sell a part of it to offset the costs.
the limey

Post by the limey »

I just bought 1.6 rai last month and the land office said there was no problems with splitting it, I shall know next week when I go to get it sub divided.

Post by Guest »

Well I split my land ok and they are coming on Sept the 1st to put the posts in, 4.500baht per chanot

The Limey
RobinT

split the beans

Post by RobinT »

:evil:

Oh Pshitt :(

but presumably this doesnt affect the splitting up of land into numerous leasehold parcels @ 30 years a pop ????
dozer
Site Admin

new law

Post by dozer »

RobinT: It only impacts the splitting of land in to chanote title, has nothing to do with leases.
Limey: This law doesn't impact 'pre-planned development' (jatsan) which can be split into any number of chanote titles. How many titles did you get your land split into? Are you doing the pre-planned development?

As far as I understand the regulations, but I could be mistaken, they are applied everywhere. When splitting land before if you didn't do the preplanned development route you were limited to 9 parcels. Then the buyers could wait 3 years and split again. Now the limitation of 9 parcels goes back to the original chanote and throughout all time it can only be split 9 times. So if you buy land that has already been split 3 times you would have 5 left. This is my understanding which is open to correction!

Post by Guest »

The original piece of land is about 6 rai, it was then sold under 5 chanotes, when i first got a copy of the chanote that would be mine i sent someone down the land office, one to make sure there were no roads to be built thru it and 2 to see if i could split it into 6 chanotes, they said no problem with the splitting, but this maybe as long ago as 3 months, then last week i split a small parcel of mine into another chanote,150 farang wah, as im still not sure what I am going to do with the excess land, it doesnt really mater to me as it's only a small plot anyway.

The Limey