Lawyer to avoid

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Not ignoring anything at all because the facts are not known on this board except for some pretty awful translations that you were provided with - and I agree that is certainly possible. The one fact remains how important were these translations as part of the case, and why were professional translations not required or ordered.

Your other question: Am I connected with this firm?
Like about ten other members of this forum, just another satisfied customer who still won't hesitate to recommend them. I have visited their offices on several occasions, seen their infrastructure, know their staff quite well, and have every confidence that the next thing they have been asked to do for me will be executed as I expect - except of course translations, and for those I naturally use a professional agency..

The risks are the same anywhere, I am aware of that, but to quote yet another old saying:

Better the devil you know than the one you don't.
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Their translations were very sad, this after they said they can do in-house proffessional translation. Yet again one of their downfalls.

The translations were from them to me, they should have got better people to do it, they did not. But the translations were not essential, this is just a reflection of their proffessionalism.

Their preparation and explanations were extremely poor and I mean to the extreme.

The thing is have you used them for anything of substance, a litigation court case for example ?? I doubt it, I would imagine they are suitable for any run of the mill normal unchallenging and thought requiring jobs. This they should excell at.

This is my last comment in regards to this. People can make up their own minds and not ALL the people on this forum seem to be as amazed with this firm as yourself.

End of story.....back to building and swimming pools....eventually.
thaifly

Post by thaifly »

Nawty wrote:Their translations were very sad, this after they said they can do in-house proffessional translation. Yet again one of their downfalls.

The translations were from them to me, they should have got better people to do it, they did not. But the translations were not essential, this is just a reflection of their proffessionalism.

Their preparation and explanations were extremely poor and I mean to the extreme.

The thing is have you used them for anything of substance, a litigation court case for example ?? I doubt it, I would imagine they are suitable for any run of the mill normal unchallenging and thought requiring jobs. This they should excell at.

This is my last comment in regards to this. People can make up their own minds and not ALL the people on this forum seem to be as amazed with this firm as yourself.

End of story.....back to building and swimming pools....eventually.
gidday nawty....ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM...i have closely followed all the above postings....but not knowing all the info...i have refrained from making a comment.... but i will now refering to your last paragraph...END OF STORY.... hey cobber.. thats the best thing thing u can do...PUT IT IMMEDAIATELY BEHIND U .....NAWTY I HAVE BEEN THROUGH 2 court cases back home the last one taking 5 years to complete and in both cases even though i have won ...THE LAWYER AND BARRISTERS .... ABSOULETLY HAVE SHAFTED ME.... BUT I IMMEDIATELY PUT IT BEHIND ME... and got on with life . i think u are a aussie and we beleive in THE FAIR GO. PHRASE... but it doesnt always work that way in the legal profeession...i have read all your postings and u appear to be a a very bright fellow...so matey take A GOOD TIP.... and enjoy life even though u feel that u have been screwed..ITS A MONUMENTAL GIDDAY TO ALL........ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM....OFF TO HAVE A HEINKEN OR TWO
chedd44

Re: Lawyer to avoid

Post by chedd44 »

Is there a difinative list ?
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Lawyer to avoid

Post by dozer »

rules about posting on a bad service provider

I am locking this rather old thread, it is another example of how to be careful when choosing a service provider and how references don't always pan out. You might also read this:
story about a bad lawyer