Tropical Hardwood furniture

Anything to do with wood or woodworking for example, DIY woodworking, Construction techniques using wood, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope, Attila

Tropical Hardwood furniture

Postby panapat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 pm

I thought you guys might be interested in the wood work abilities of Panama and general costs. Here in Panama I have bought a lot of wood ready for a new build in the future, it was green so I have had to lay it up to dry, but I will use it for my doors and cabinets. The wood have bought is Laurel and Roble. You can buy teak but its young and soft. Here are some pictures of furniture I had made locally.

Wardrobe.JPG
Jules Bed and wardrobe

The wardrobe has drawers and a top shelf, all fittings I bought except the hinges. Total cost including installation was $350. The bed was $225.

Dest.jpg
Desk

The desk excluding the rails and handles cost $225

The living room of this house is sunken and quite frankly it looks like a swimming pool so we are considering flooring it out with hardwood, and comments?

livingroom.jpg
Swimming pool?
panapat

Re: Tropical Hardwood furniture

Postby payebacs » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am

Gee Panap, I'm getting lost jumping between your various threads already! How about having just one thread for all things Panama for use as a cross referencing tool lest the bits and bobs get lost and confuse the issue amongst everything thai.
panapat wrote:The living room of this house is sunken and quite frankly it looks like a swimming pool so we are considering flooring it out with hardwood, and comments?
Line it with concrete and turn on the tap :lol:
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Re: Tropical Hardwood furniture

Postby panapat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:01 am

Will continue with the photos in the Panama thread, but we decided to build a sub floor using small gauge steel beam, 2 foot apart, covered with corrugated roofing and then chicken wire. The continuation of the work I will post in the Panama construction thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3410
Attachments
IMG_1380.JPG
New sub floor
panapat

Return to wood and woodworking