Cheap Charlie rant

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Cheap Charlie rant

Postby jazzman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:52 am

Probably also an interesting factor is the actual ROI per Km travelled. My current vehicle is 2 years old, 117,000 Km on the clock. If I include regular servicing every 10,000 Km, a new set of tyres at 105,000 Km, and a new battery at 115,500 Km, and no repairs, it's cost me ฿ 6.83 / Km so far.
By the same average use, when it gets changed in another 2 years, it will have cost me only ฿ 3.41 / Km. I reckon the time to change a car is before it will need replacement of any major components.

Interestingly, at fuel + car cost = ฿5,890.40 (one-way), it's still far cheaper to fly to Bangkok from Udon from only ฿1,500, even counting the cost of taxis for running about when you get there (do an 'all-day' deal with a taxi driver for less than ฿1,000). Not practical if you're going to BKK to buy a piano, though.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby fredlk » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 am

jazzman wrote:Not practical if you're going to BKK to buy a piano, though.

I hadn't thought of the possibility of transporting pianos when ordering my new car, but luckily pianos these days come as standard on the iPad and the car comes standard with an iPad connector. :D
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 am

jazzman wrote:Not practical if you're going to BKK to buy a piano, though.

A potential dilemma that few readers may have considered previously ... forewarned is forearmed!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Previous

Return to Life in Thailand