Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Postby martin b » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:42 am

Well done Geordie, hope you're retirement goes well mate and good luck to you. just remember that you're leaving behind us poor sods who live next door to the cast of the Jeremy kyle show to suffer, I wish you the very best mate and one day hope to bump into you in the land of smiles.
cheers martin
martin b

Postby erikr69 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:05 am

a straight talker lost, you will be missed on many topics (never forgot being told of by Geordie :) )

But thanks for all so far, I know you are still reading
erikr69

Postby Ians » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:11 pm

pattayapope wrote:The emcon in the above post was supposed to be at the end of the paragraph and not were it ended up, it was accidental and not deliberate.

A Freudian slip by any chance? :roll:
Ians

Postby geordie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:42 am

Well it seems there is no going back for better or for worse now the house is sold for sure all i do now is wait for the big day which acording to the agent is anticipated as 20th December
unfortunately because of baggage requirements 4 jack russels i am still not 100% sure as to when i will get out there but soon i hope very soon
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm

geordie wrote:Well it seems there is no going back for better or for worse now the house is sold for sure all i do now is wait for the big day which acording to the agent is anticipated as 20th December
unfortunately because of baggage requirements 4 jack russels i am still not 100% sure as to when i will get out there but soon i hope very soon

Bon Voyage ... I am sure the banners will be out :shock: and maybe the drug sniffer dogs after all your prescription meds; see if your JR's can take care of them :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Ians » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Of course the leading question is, is Thailand ready for Geordie?
Ians

Postby geordie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Ians wrote:Of course the leading question is, is Thailand ready for Geordie?

Its a big country i am sure there is room for one more crank :lol: :lol: :lol: so much to do as i have refused to get ready at all due to previous dissapointments :( :( My idea is five squaddies (big lads) throw the gear into boxes and leave the good new is the guy buying intends to rent it out so 80% of the furniture stays :D :D :D :D most of the stuff we are shipping has been in storage 18 months with a little bit here followed by a massive shopping trip
geordie

Postby pattayapope » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Geordie when you ship here bring it in your wifes name so tax free and minimum hassle, and what about your colection of mowers I saw in a picture sometime back are they migrating to Thailand?
pattayapope

Postby geordie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 am

Patayapope yes that was the intention she also wants to bring her mini (car) ? We will be over there for a holiday first to get a breather and no doubt will be looking for advice The dogs are my priority anything else is just possesions
geordie

Postby elgato » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm

geordie wrote:Well it seems there is no going back for better or for worse now the house is sold for sure all i do now is wait for the big day which acording to the agent is anticipated as 20th December

Leave the dogs, Thailand has enough already! :lol: . Seriously, congrats on selling the house (finally) and good luck with your move.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby fredlk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:27 am

Congratulations! Now get off your backside, book the doggy flights and get over here where it's warm.
A tip .... contact Santa Fe Relocation here in Bangkok for your move. They're excellent and will put you in touch with their partner over there. That way you should rule out the dodgy ones.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 am

fredlk wrote:A tip .... contact Santa Fe Relocation here in Bangkok for your move. They're excellent and will put you in touch with their partner over there. That way you should rule out the dodgy ones.

WELL BRACE YOURSELF THAILAND the cash is in the bank :D and i can now get down to organising the relocation Fred if you could pm me a tel no that would be useful but there is no hurry i will get the wife and dogs settled there first so will be over there a couple of months then come back with a list of ?whatever i can get away with :roll: :roll: and pack a container
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am

geordie wrote:
WELL BRACE YOURSELF THAILAND the cash is in the bank

Congratulations mate - now go to bed, it's far too late for you to be up with school in the morning!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 am

geordie wrote: if you could pm me a tel no that would be useful

http://www.santaferelo.com/
Karen Hochhauser is Sales & Marketing Manager and I suggest you mail her first at karen AT santafe.co.th
Telephones: 02 742 9824, 02 742 9890 and fax 02 741 4089.
I've used them now 3 or 4 times and they got a 10 out of 10 each time.
The first time I organised it from the European side, but later organised it through them from Bangkok and the German partner they chose and then the British partner were also A1.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Geordie,
Do not forget your obligations to science. As soon as Fred takes the dogs off your hands for his breeding kennels, it's time to borrow a member's car (preferably Gliffaes wife's car) and conduct our styrofoam experiment in the Chao P river. You must get your priorities right.
I always liked that saying "The money's in the bank".
P.S. Do not expect me to pick you up at the airport, my gun dog has too much class to be associated with your riffraff.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand