Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Postby geordie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:55 pm

!st time the house sold i was promised a quick sale 6-8 weeks but nothing happend untill the surveyor has been aparently in the first week or two !! after six weeks and no surveyor i went and pointed out if within one week no survey i would take the second higher offer
not for the money but because i was taken for a fool no way could they complete in under ten weeks - so not the quick sale agreed

A week later they were still giving me excuses so i took the second offer two days later they called and told me the survey was booked for the following week :twisted:

The second offer was from a couple of people who were on the verge of a divorce ??? unknown to me !!!! and they were moving as part of a reconciliation :lol: :lol: they ended up messing around so long the morgage company withdrew the offer after seven months !
The whole buisness has been nothing but a f @ '%c up with lies lies and more lies
The latest from the estate agent (who valued it at £410000 we think its overvalued :lol: drop it to £330000 ?? when i pointed out it had been aproved for a morgage twice at £379000 They still insisted take what you can in spit of the fact that london prices are suposed to be rising :?: I am staying with them for a laugh really i have another agent as well and am doing four five veiwings a week but because things are bad they make stupid offers and i tell them to go an F^$% themselves
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:33 am

perhaps try placing a obo behind price. My mama liked saying u can always go down but nye impossible to go up. 1st time offshore i jumper chopper @ wrong platform. It was a behomouth platform- 4 whopping stories tall. Six flights of 7m or better stairs to top. So whenever the bird was close - up i run- after a second run a fella said- easy going down?, i say yepper, pretty hard going up? Yepper. He says thats like selling house- easy to go down. Hardern a rod to go up.
obo - Or Best Offer
Is your discression -
London? Dont sell cheap. buggers just use ur loss to make quick quid and when walking away pocketing ur loss they be saying 'where is the next sucker?'
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby geordie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:07 pm

otis-a wrote:.
Is your discression -
London? Dont sell cheap. buggers just use ur loss to make quick quid and when walking away pocketing ur loss they be saying 'where is the next sucker?'

The problem is here they keep predicting doom and gloom so how long do i hold on here in misery because it really is misery one of the original agents closed down ?? i have never heard of that before its been suggested rent it ? they can do more damage in a year than you can rent for so you end up losing ££££ its a hard decision but made harder by people telling lies i have informed the agent i will talk to him by email only and i want to be told no more s**t about whats happening ! the email bounced to their server for customer services to ?? edit or delete = i used the word s**t which is a profanity :?: :?: :?: :?: To a guy who has lied to me for a long period of time cost me a lot of money is still continiously lying to me
so next i will be acused of entrapment because i have demanded the truth in writing i get a feeling the return email wil be him taking the fifth and nothing to say
The biggest laugh was when he told me once the survey had been done :evil: they had showed comittment and that i was not entitled to demand a cash deposit put into escro with a solicitor He still tells me its not legal ?? maybe the law does not require it but i do he wants my house ?? he agrees to my terms on time scale and the deposit but because the agent has been lying he,s telling me its illegal to insist on it ? i have asked him to show how its illegal
geordie

Postby geordie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:29 am

Another call from the Agent ? who i have requested to Email me with the info (he has not ) so i will e mail him and confirm the conversation we had today
But i am supposed to get all exited that the purchaser has obtained a morgage :evil: given that i was told this a fortnight ago to encourage me to accept his offer i did not get exited
The other hurdle !the all important survey is to take place early part of next week ?? we,ll see so far lie after lie after lie who knows what will happen but the concern now is the wife is in thailand for the funeral of her father so i am in no rush to start packing on my own and deciding keep of bin it as she is sure to have plans for the stuff i bin :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby elgato » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 pm

So....are you coming over here or what? I want to be prepared!! :lol:
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby geordie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 am

elgato wrote:So....are you coming over here or what? I want to be prepared!! :lol:

Brace youself tommorow the all important survey so thing should move fairly swiftly after that other than i had a fall on sunday and popped a couple of dics so been bedridden since, got an ex gf taking care of me at the moment risking life and limb if the boss finds out on the other hand i am currently fit for nothing and in total agony if things don,t get back to normal by sunday the doc will get a ring and morphine will be the new painkiller :( :( not something i want and have been refusing it for months as i have no wish to turn into a complete cabbage its the one thing worrying me the cost of medication over there last time i was ther the pills were costing me £4 a day because i ran out so i do not want morphine at all a- the expense and b will they be willing to sell it to me i suspect posting it from here would cause a few problems The wife is over there untill the eighteenth :) so hope she has not had a change of heart on selling
geordie

Postby fredlk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:43 am

geordie wrote: i am currently fit for nothing and in total agony

I'm really sorry to hear it and I wish you all the best.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks Fred others currently wish me dead :lol: me included
The wife called today and informed me that we have donated the BKK house to flood relief although it has a foot of water in it and likely will get worse Next door but one is a retired teacher with a lovely spaniel lulu and they were in a bit of a predicament as he lives alone in a bungalow so he has been told to move in to the house as the upstairs is still usable and a lot safer than the bungalow i have a feeling another of the neighbours may be moving in there as well but i told the wife i have no problem with that whatsoever i don,t care how many people are in there as long as they are o k from the flood
geordie

Postby fredlk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:55 pm

geordie wrote:he has been told to move in to the house as the upstairs is still usable and a lot safer than the bungalow i have a feeling another of the neighbours may be moving in there as well but i told the wife i have no problem with that whatsoever i don,t care how many people are in there as long as they are o k from the flood

That's excellent, extra Brownie Points to you both. When you see how people are attempting to survive it's heartbreaking. People with money and opportunity are leaving and there are massive traffic jams out of the city and in this direction, but the poor of course have no money anyway, now no work and even if they have money, no atm's, no food in the shops, no electricity and no toilets. It's hell. I wish I could help, but I can't short of getting a busload of them to come stay here, but that's not a solution either. You hardly ever see Thai people cry, but now of course everyone is devastated. Even the PM had tears in her eyes. Good, maybe she'll resign. Whatever government is in place would not have been any use as it has really got out of control now. I think that all politicians in this country should resign for having failed the public so terribly. The amount of devastation is unbelievable.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Its a tragedy thats for sure but they are more resilient than we give credit for within a couple of moths they will be home and back to life as they knew it things will be hard for a year but most of them have been there before aparrently the rice crop lost was the second or third anyway so it more profit than living although there will be thousands of familys lost the rice that would keep them alive this year because it was stored in home,s now under water
The good news is the family up north are ok the house is good and dry so they should be unafected sister ning who live next door to us in BKK has the same foot of water in the house
with two kids 9=3 but her brother is there helping out the wife and ning take any credit for the aid little as it is but as i said i would not care if they had broken in and used the house so its no difference to me if its helping in the smallest way i am happy i think its a disgrace the crap they waffle on about on the tv news and 30 seconds about whats happening over there where a whole country is devastated strange when new orleans copped it they made enough noise about that !! The politicians ? little to comment on but someone has to be held accountable the feeling is they closed the dams too early and held back too much water so no spare capacity but the amount of water we are talking about would the dams have coped even had they been empty it.s the heaviest rainfall in fifty years apparently and a lot of construction has take place since with huge area,s concreted and tarmacced over in the process so water tends to stay on the surface more
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 pm

geordie wrote:
elgato wrote:So....are you coming over here or what? I want to be prepared!! :lol:

Brace youself tommorow the all important survey so thing should move fairly swiftly after that other than i had a fall on sunday and popped a couple of dics so been bedridden since, got an ex gf taking care of me at the moment risking life and limb if the boss finds out on the other hand i am currently fit for nothing and in total agony if things don,t get back to normal by sunday the doc will get a ring and morphine will be the new painkiller :( :( not something i want and have been refusing it for months as i have no wish to turn into a complete cabbage its the one thing worrying me the cost of medication over there last time i was ther the pills were costing me £4 a day because i ran out so i do not want morphine at all a- the expense and b will they be willing to sell it to me i suspect posting it from here would cause a few problems The wife is over there untill the eighteenth :) so hope she has not had a change of heart on selling

What are you like!

Good luck with the survey - probably done by now - did you do any corner cutting on your own house? The old saying about Cobbler's children having no soles in their shoes!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:59 am

MGV12 wrote:
What are you like!

Good luck with the survey - probably done by now - did you do any corner cutting on your own house? The old saying about Cobbler's children having no soles in their shoes!

Thats new but i was always warned do not buy a car from a mechanic :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No corner cutting here mate :) i knocked it about pretty good but its solid built anyway had two surveys already so not even remotely worried And the latest one was a morgage valuation survey so not interested in anything other than is it worth the money and had that last year at £29000 more so no worries on that either
geordie

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Having been unable to reach a happy medium between moderating a certain post and censorship I have retired early Thanks for a great time good luck with your builds

Anyone wishing to contact me can via email via Dozer
geordie

Postby pattayapope » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 am

Geordie

Said to hear you are retireing early, :lol: as one of the more prolific posters you have been the source of some useful information, I still expect to see you sometime in the furture for a beer or a cup of tea and the dogs can have a run around the garden and pee on the odd tree if they wish[*]
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 am

The emcon in the above post was supposed to be at the end of the paragraph and not were it ended up, it was accidental and not deliberate.
pattayapope

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand