Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Postby Nawty » Sun May 27, 2012 3:16 pm

So I presume they are purebred ??
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby geordie » Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 am

Nawty wrote:So I presume they are purebred ??

100% JR how many will i book for you :roll:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Nawty » Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 pm

short coat long coat...long legs short legs ??

If short on both counts...a boy.....can you send photos ?? ....with best markings ??

How do you know if purebred if not there ??

Prefer brown and white though.....not tri colour.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:39 am

short coat short leg should follow parents in apearance dogs not allowed out of yard so we know who did the deed :mrgreen: and roughly when
geordie

Postby Makmak456 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Ready about ?????
Heading to USA soon , but will be back end of june.
Mak
Makmak456

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Makmak456 wrote:Ready about ?????
Heading to USA soon , but will be back end of june.
Mak

The pups will be ready six weeks after they arrive the deed was done shortly after songkran so should be around 15th of june onwards for arrival
"" end of july early august for rehoming ""
geordie

Postby Makmak456 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:27 am

I swore that I would not get a new dog, after "Tanker" passed, but things change.
Life goes on , new lady, new family, so maybe time for a new dog :)
Mark
Will be back for 9 weeks late june, splitting my time between condo in Jomtien ( no pets allowed) and Issan...............Will PM my thai phone when I return
M
Makmak456

Postby geordie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 am

come and take a look they are cute little buggers natural clowns athletic and great entertainment mine all make a fuss at visitors untill one of them gets attention leaving the others to walk away sulking but when you have four of them running at you barking it,s quite daunting unfortunately last week for the first time ever they bit someone ? namely the old boy who comes collecting for recycling ??? good news is he told everyone avoid farrang dogs they bite :lol: :lol: :lol: he could not identify who bit him farrang dogs all look the same :roll: so no one got punished :lol: :lol: but one thing is certain from observation my dogs do not like big hats that hide your face :mrgreen: sunglasses :mrgreen: he was wearing both :roll: mybe some one should have warned him
geordie

Postby geordie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Merry christmass - to me
At last the container is arriving here (40 ft) so i can start digging through boxes for my toys 8)
23000 bht duty on the foodstufs but happy to pay such a small amount :lol: fortunately by bribing the shipping company with the use of a forklift the container is being sent directly for offload so a good chance most of my stuff is still in it might be busy digging my pressies out for a few days :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm

12 guys from the shipping company 4 from me plus a forklift impresive offload 3.5 hrs the container actually turned up here with its seals intact (wished i had known beforehand ) not a lot of breakages considering the way it was thrown into boxes :roll: :roll: 367 aarticles all present and acounted for still checkin through boxes for toys and finding stuff i did not remember i had :lol: brilliant
geordie

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Now i am p%$£^% off there has been a bit of pilferage from my goodies so far obvious is a sony bravia 32" two wallets containing 500 dvd,s a scaffold tube 6ft with a 400kg hoist a 26 " lcd used as a pc monitor a couple of wireless burglar alarms and here is the sad part the container arrived here seals intact ?? so the stuff has disapeared in uk somewhere not at all what i expected i thought the risk would be here
geordie

Postby Shastadad » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 am

Unfortunately seals can be circumvented, so the Thais are not off the hook
Shastadad

Postby fredlk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 am

Shastadad wrote:Unfortunately seals can be circumvented, so the Thais are not off the hook

I doubt if a Thai would steal "a scaffold tube 6ft with a 400kg hoist" and I'm certain that there's a lot more theft in the U.K. than there is in Thailand. Here it's mostly opportunistic while over there and the rest of 'The West' it's just one more part of the now-corrupt system. "You've never had it so good" and all that and so everyone feels it's his/her duty to get what he/she can for him/herself wherever he/she can. (Generalisations of course. :D )
fredlk

Postby geordie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 am

Shastadad wrote:Unfortunately seals can be circumvented, so the Thais are not off the hook

Anything is feasable but i am checking out the boxes today again specifically the scrap boxes basically some stuff appears to have been repacked i used two specific boxes but recalled late last night seeing a gremlin
from a totally different company :?: but i still have to do a full tally on the No of items that arrived the thing is they have been specific in choice of boxes as well the stuff being high value i delivered personally and it was marked fragile :arrow: this way up selecting the tv,s and dvd,s out of 370 articles it had to have happened befor the stuff was loaded it took sixteen of us 3.5 hrs to get to the back of the container using a forklift The one tv that arrived was clearly identified as such and marked on the inventory the other stuff was a vague recollection of box contents son it not like you could sellect box 57 knowing exactly what was in there but even the :arrow: this way up was ignored as was the do not stack anything on top which is why i have a hole in a £300 grandmother clock
Dissapointing from a proffesional company thats for sure
geordie

Postby geordie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 am

fredlk wrote:

I doubt if a Thai would steal "a scaffold tube 6ft with a 400kg hoist" and I'm certain that there's a lot more theft in the U.K. than there is in Thailand. Here it's mostly opportunistic while over there and the rest of 'The West' it's just one more part of the now-corrupt system. "You've never had it so good" and all that and so everyone feels it's his/her duty to get what he/she can for him/herself wherever he/she can. (Generalisations of course. :D )

All is not lost :lol: :lol: like most things i had two :wink: And they are available here ? a nuicanse having to buy another which is why i packed the ones i had
geordie

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand