Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Geordie: Retiring in Thailand

Postby elgato » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

My thinking exactly - an old heap that didn't cost much and a/c too. I bought mine for a farm truck so not concerned about scratches, etc.

Edit: The only power option my old Hilux has is Armstrong steering. Good a/c and looks good too.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby geordie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 pm

elgato wrote:My thinking exactly - an old heap that didn't cost much and a/c too. I bought mine for a farm truck so not concerned about scratches, etc.

I think everything is scrached already :lol: but i will have it tidied up a bit before use admitedly it would have been quite at home in chaiyaphum :lol: we swapped it for her sister.s NEW hilux to go up there :lol: :lol: she,s got a good heart but not bright lucky she only does local trips :roll: and the windows are well tinted :mrgreen: it will do what i want + if its still working when i finish the house her brother can have it he is already drooling :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby elgato » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Now you can haul rocks from gliffaes! :lol:
elgato

Postby geordie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm

elgato wrote:Now you can haul rocks from gliffaes! :lol:

This motor is a classic you cannot abuse a classic hauling rocks it might get broken far better if gilfaes loans me his its not like he needs it at the moment he is stuck on site for a few weeks
Here,s the latest dealing with muppets we have very poor tv reception so decided to have a satelite dish we got a quote for 2900 so reasonable enough especially as it was to include a couple of farrang channels old movies and a couple of news channels so we order it the bloke turns up to install it and decides to up it by 1000 baht because we were having two points ?? so we need a second box and a dual lnb now yesterday it was quoted as 2500 for an install or special price of 2900 if we did the two together ?? So pissed of i instructed him to go ahead i will swallow 1000 baht its not the end of the world and she is moaning i play on the computer ?? 3900 worth it for the peace and quiet so he installls the dish and cables downstairs then when it come,s time to do the upstairs box he starts bleating about the length of the cable bearing in mind he had already upped it by 1000 i told him no way was i paying extra for cable he was taking the piss so he decided not to push his luck and finish the installation off he got it all working and the picture is perfect as is the audio unfortunately the multitude of channels available do not include any in english i have indian tv cambodia tv burma tv lao tv and multiple others but no english however for another 1000 baht he can buy something that will give me five channels all english i think the wife was impressed that i retained my composure and did not smack him round the head with his bloody dish he went off to find a box ?? twenty minuites later he phoned to tell her the usual = no have so i told her he can call any time and collect the pile of crap he installed now she is sulking because she is enjoying having multiple choice of crap and i have explained that i am sick to the teeth of being fed crap and still expected to pay even though it does not do what its suposed to so looks like we will be keeping this pile of rubish just for peace and quiet
geordie

Postby elgato » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Glad you retired? :mrgreen:
elgato

Postby payebacs » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Mai bpen rai Geordie mai bpen rai :lol:
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 am

geordie wrote:we got a quote for 2900 so reasonable enough especially as it was to include a couple of farrang channels old movies and a couple of news channels

Down here that installation is 3,900 Baht for 200 channels, mostly Indian and all the Thai free-to-air. I could have told you that it doesn't include any English channels. For that you need a different setup.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:39 am

fredlk wrote:
geordie wrote:we got a quote for 2900 so reasonable enough especially as it was to include a couple of farrang channels old movies and a couple of news channels

Down here that installation is 3,900 Baht for 200 channels, mostly Indian and all the Thai free-to-air. I could have told you that it doesn't include any English channels. For that you need a different setup.

Our second service is from IPM ... it has ESPN News and a couple of movie channels in English; some also in German and French.

Don't know their coverage in LOS. Complete set-up and install was 2800 Baht.

http://www.ipmtv.tv/

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:00 am

elgato wrote:Glad you retired? :mrgreen:

Loving it although i am swiftly reaching the point wherby if i was stood in the rain and a Thai told me i was getting wet :mrgreen: i would not beleive them
as anticipated this morning she is now saying pay him and keep and to be fair she has found some american gospel channel ?? making me wish i learnt cambodian as an alternative
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 am

geordie,
Come on bite the bullet, keep the satellite TV channels, let your wife watch her TV, after all you've got the computer and mutts, so what more could you want, besides a truck...ah I forgot you have a truck, or so you say, but you never post photos so I think you're having a lend of us, as usual.
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:geordie,
Come on bite the bullet, keep the satellite TV channels, let your wife watch her TV, after all you've got the computer and mutts, so what more could you want, besides a truck...ah I forgot you have a truck, or so you say, but you never post photos so I think you're having a lend of us, as usual.

The mutts are like "my" money its """our""" mutts i do have a truck "honest" but i cannot publish pictures on this computer it,s windows 7 so i have to learn the proper method for making the picture smaller she even bought me a cover for it which i thought she was being kind :( she then told me to keep it covered during daylight and only use it at night :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway an update on todays ? Farrang got screwed again ?? I decided that i might need to clean my ""classic truck"" it apears the previous owner was on a water meter :roll: :roll:anyway off i go to Do Home to get a few bits and decided to get a pressure washer the helpful assistant pointed out the chinese ones have no waranty however the more expensive ones do so i paid 4500 for one and left pleased :) :) that did not last long i would have been better with the chinese one it may have lasted more than 1-1/2 mins ??
its starting to feel i have made a wrong decision here i am not sure i can cope with having to return stuff 2/3 times to get it to work and to add insult to injury my wife has suggested that we take the nephew neice and freinds to Dreamworld so i agreed as long as i paid the same as a Thai for entry that put the cat among the pidgeons
after she claimed i did not understand i pointed out the problem is i do?? if i went to KFC or Do home or a petrol station i get to pay the same price so why when i visit a theme park should i pay extra ??to give 4 thai kids a day out ! its hardly likely i will go on any rides the silence is currently defeaning
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:55 pm

geordie wrote: i cannot publish pictures on this computer it,s windows 7 so i have to learn the proper method for making the picture smaller she even bought me a cover for it which i thought she was being kind :(

Here's the problem.

The following are new messages that Microsoft have introduced with Windows 7:

This will end your Windows 7 session. Do you want to play another game?
Kennel stack overflow problem. Your new Patch is now available. Call at the vet's and collect your dog.
BREAKFAST.SYS halted... Cereal port not responding.
Suggested Action. Emigrate.
Upon completion of this investigation, Microsoft will take action to help solve your problem. This will involve remote execution of the user.
The media is corrupt. Therefore, don't read the manual - bribe a reporter.
Windows Update Service Problem. Waitress is sick.
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.
Path not found. Try the grass shortcut.
An operations error occurred. Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue.
Press any key to continue, or any other key to quit.
Press any key except... no, No, NO, NOT THAT ONE!
Press Ctrl-Alt-Del now for IQ test.
Windows 7 object doesn't support this property or method. Close your eyes and press escape three times.
Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
User Error: Replace user.
No network provider accepted the given network path. In plain English, we have not got a clue what's wrong.
Windows 7 message: "Error saving file! Format drive now? (Y/Y)"
'Known issue' - it's just the solution that is unknown.
This network connection does not exist, and neither does any help.
This is a message from God Gates: "Rebooting the world. Please log off." [Check Auto Logon]
Object already non-existent. Are you sure you still want to delete? (N/N)
The network location cannot be reached. To 'shutdown' your system, type 'WIN.'
COFFEE.SYS missing... Insert cup in cup holder and press any key.
CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C? (Y/N)
File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
Bad or missing mouse. Spank the cat? (Y/N)
Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User.
Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
Windows7_error 16547: LPT1 not found. Use backup. (PENCIL & PAPER.SYS)
Workaround. The workaround does not work, but it makes us fell better to include it.
Windows VirusScan 1.0 - 'Windows7 found: Remove it? (Y/N)'
Welcome to Microsoft's World - Your Mortgage is Past Due...
If you are an artist, you should know that Bill Gates owns you and all your future creations. Doesn't it feel nice to have security?
Your hard drive has been scanned and all stolen software titles have been deleted. The police are on the way.
We are reading your error report, but we are not understanding.
Hold down the Numb Lock. Phone 555-1212-4590 and ask for Lulu.
You can provide feedback by completing the form. However, you are wasting your time because it goes to a sink account that we never read.
Disclaimer: We would like to thank Bart Simpson, who had the least to do with these solutions and was therefore of the most help.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Now if it was an error message all bets are off.

Windows7_Error: 001 Windows 7 loaded - Warning your computer is now in danger

Windows7_Error: 002 No Error - Check again in 10 seconds

Windows7_Error: 003 Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file

Windows7_Error: 004 Erroneous error - Nothing is wrong (just testing)

Windows7_Error: 005 Multitasking attempted - System confused

Windows7_Error: 006 Kelvin error: Type Mismatch - phone Kevlar

Windows7_Error: 007 System price error - Inadequate money spent on hardware

Windows7_Error: 008 Broken window. Path not found - phone Glazier

Windows7_Error: 009 Horrible bug encountered - Press F13 for more help

Windows7_Error: 00A Invalid property assignment. Promotional literature overflow - Mailbox full

Windows7_Error: 00B Inadequate disk space - Free at least 50GB

Windows7_Error: 00C Memory hog error - More RAM needed. More! More! More!

Windows7_Error: 00D Window closed - Do not look outside

Windows7_Error: 00E Unexplained error - Please tell us how this happened

Windows7_Error: 010 Reserved for future mistakes by our developers

Windows7_Error: 013 Unexpected error - Huh ?

Windows7_Error: 014 Keyboard locked - Try anything you can think of.

Windows7_Error: 018 Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed. Buy a new one. Old windows licence is not valid anymore.

Windows7_Error: 019 User error - Not our fault. Is Not! Is Not!

Windows7_Error: 01A Operating system overwritten - Please reinstall all your software. We are terribly sorry.

Windows7_Error: 01B Illegal error - You are not allowed to get this error. Next time you will get a penalty for that.

Windows7_Error: 01C Uncertainty error - Uncertainty may be inadequate.

Windows7_Error: 01D System crash - We are unable to figure out our own code.

Windows7_Error: 012 Virus error - A virus has been activated in a dos-box. The virus, however, requires Windows. All tasks will be closed automatically and the virus will be reactivated.

Windows7_Error: 01E Timing error - Please wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.

Windows7_Error: 01F Reserved for future mistakes of our developers.

Windows7_Error: 020 Error recording error codes - Remaining errors will be lost.

Windows7_Error: 079 Mouse not found - A mouse driver has not been installed. Please click the left mouse button to continue.

Windows7_Error: 103 Error buffer overflow - Too many errors encountered. Next error will not be displayed or recorded.

Windows7_Error: 678 This will end your Windows session. Do you want to play another game?

Windows7_Error: 683 Time out error - Operator fell asleep while waiting for the system to complete boot procedure.

Windows7_Error: 815 Insufficient Memory - Only 5,000 Gigawatts available
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:32 pm

geordie wrote: decided to get a pressure washer the helpful assistant pointed out the chinese ones have no waranty however the more expensive ones do so i paid 4500 for one and left pleased :) :) that did not last long i would have been better with the chinese one it may have lasted more than 1-1/2 mins ??

So instead of wasting your dough on that 'Made in China' rubbish you bought a superior product 'Made in the PRC' .... good move :roll:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby geordie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Untill i read Bills contribution i thought i was to blame :roll: its not its all bill gate,s fault :mrgreen: i was suspect when my laptop booted up with lindows
geordie

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand