animal life at my house in Sattahip

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: animal life at my house in Sattahip

Postby geordie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

The correct answe is

tax colectors always after blood :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Nawty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 am

Lucky we seem to have no ticks around here.....the dogs have not had one for a long time......think they have all congregated somewhere to form a government.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby fredlk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 pm

The puppies are doing well and last night was a first with no mess inside. Eddy loves running around the property and is totally fearless. Cars, dogs, people, vacuum cleaners, he doesn't bat an eyelid. Patsy on the other hand is a bit more cautious, but if she sees Eddy doing something she will follow. He's growing fast and already weighs 1.75 kilo. She weighs 1.25 kilo.

Unflattering, but cute:
IMG_3964.JPG

It's time they moved out and so we bought them a home of their own. Decided not to have it painted white because most of it is wood.
Here it is being tested for leaks - it has none - and getting rid of the varnish smell. Eddy loves it, Patsy doesn't. It cost 2,800 Baht.
IMG_3967.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:49 am

oops missed this ? dogs are doing great and now have their own house what about song or does she prefer patrolling Beautiful little house though i would let them get used to it then raise it about 18" 4-500mm :( to give them a chance of keeping it their own and not having too many critters sharing it with them i still find it amusing the way they share information and teach each other stuff passing it along the line not always good if one takes a fancy to hiding shoes up the garden or turning the mail into papaer mache but they are all comical little acrobats
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:58 am

geordie wrote:what about song or does she prefer patrolling

She's recovered after her operation and methinks was not treated too well at the clinic because she came back thinner, angry and upset, but not angry with me. She stole shoes again and stole the puppies' dry food which pissed me off, but after some punishment, some ignoring, a few walks and some good food she's almost back to her old self. She's very protective of the little ones, but especially of Eddy who she sees as her toy-boy. He thinks "When I'm big enough I'll have sex with her", but he doesn't know that he will never be big enough. :lol:
geordie wrote:i would let them get used to it then raise it about 18" 4-500mm :( to give them a chance of keeping it their own and not having too many critters sharing it with them

Up here on the house level there are no bugs or critters apart from some tree frogs and geckoes. The doggy house - "Baan AbFab" (?) - is at the front door now and on tiles to keep its feet dry. It's too small for Song to get in and so she watches them through the windows on the side. Patsy is now in there playing with Eddy sometimes.
geordie wrote: turning the mail into papaer mache

Lucky then that I have a Post Office Box. :D

I'm still trying to get into a routine with them. Walkies before bedtime is recognised by all, but in the morning do I first look for pee and clean it or first cuddle them and let them lick me or first feed them or first let them take a leak and whatever else they need to do? This morning I think established that one: hug, cuddle, lick, walk, pee, clean entrance corridor, lick, cuddle, EAT.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Definately sounds like they are in doggy heaven compared to most dogs over there
song at the vets would have been restrained so she would hate it ; also she would be missing you and the pups so its understandable that she is a bit off on her behavior but she already responded to love and will again Fred
the shoes can be a nightmare to stop somtimes they get obsessed with stealing them :evil: then you have to get serious with them The good new is a scream and shout will get a reaction and push her away so she knows you are angry and cuddle the others also giving her a toy will help we gave benson a small teddy when he was a pup
Amazingly its lasted three years although it no longer squeaks when he bites it More amazing is the others recognize its his special comforter (benson,s baby) and they leave it alone But all of them have their own special toy they look after with one diferent The puppy (1year now) he is not known as monster dog without reason he assumes if we give him a toy its his duty to kill it ! and does so within ten minuites if he was human the little
$*%$ would start a war somewhere for the hell of it and he,s the daddys boy who come,s to me for the most cuddle,s and tickles also he will not sleep without me then the other side of the coin just tottaly michevious
attacking one of the others if he is bored but you have years of amusement to come with them and THEY wil train you into their routine what time they are comfortable to eat whent they want reasurance or cuddle,s
when they want to chill and sleep
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm

geordie wrote:The puppy (1year now) he is not known as monster dog without reason he assumes if we give him a toy its his duty to kill it ! and does so within ten minuites if he was human the little $*%$ would start a war somewhere for the hell of it

When you ever visit, I think you might leave this cute one at home. :lol:
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 pm

You can laugh alright if you think back a while had i got over there he would have been yours :mrgreen:
I am sorely tempted to leave him at home :mrgreen: any home just not mine even the dogs home looks promising at times but then he comes along jumps on my lap for a cuddle give me loads of kisses and thats it till the next time (about ten mins) the thing is he keeps all the others active winding them up deliberately 24/7
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 am

geordie wrote:You can laugh alright if you think back a while had i got over there he would have been yours

:oops: Was that the one? It seems that I escaped by the skin of my teeth. :lol:

With my two I am already asking friends and neighbours if they might be interested in a puppy, possibly free of charge, if I decide to let them mate when the time comes.
I will only do it if I know the dogs will get good homes, preferably not 'ordinary' Thai homes because their and our treatment of dogs is not the same and I don't want to help bring an animal into this world which ends up having a less than good life ........ one of the reasons I never liked the idea of having children. :D
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:28 pm

It isn't a dog's life living here. Eddy and Patsy have their house with swimming pool long before I do:
IMG_3976.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 pm

I am getting upset now looking at the life of luxury the dogs are getting :mrgreen:

If you have no kids how about adoption i am an orphan :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS i draw the line at sitting on your lap and licking you but i will go get your mail from the post box and even bite any burglars (for now i still have a few teeth left) and i promise not to pee on your bed or the floor or crap on the patio/veranda

and i swear i will never chew your shoes :roll: :roll:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
geordie wrote: how about adoption i am an orphan

I might adopt, but the kid has to have money I can use to complete this white elephant I started building.
geordie wrote:i will go get your mail from the post box

That has to be worth something, but you have just reminded me of another thing I can get the staff to do although I do enjoy my outings down to the post office every other day. It's on Beach Road which means nothing as the shops and businesses have all been built over the beach, but it's nice to know it's there somewhere. You can still smell it.
geordie wrote: crap on the patio/veranda

Anyone over the age of 6 months found doing that will be castrated. Let that be a warning. :twisted:
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Thats two of the muttss home free no equipment to work with :lol: :lol:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:17 am

Having owned cats, I'm not yet used to how deep dogs can sleep. Waking Eddy for his late-night pee is difficult. I've carried him all the way to the spot before he even wakes up.

No he's not dead and been stuffed, just another interesting position while sleeping and he's not chubby, it's puppy-fat:
IMG_3977.JPG

Twice now I've found this on a cushion at my study window. Is it a wasp making a nest or somebody's food-stash? Any ideas? It is quite sticky.
IMG_3978.JPG

Song had her stitches out this morning, no charge. She got easily into the car with me and walked almost happy into the clinic where the cleaning-lady recognised her and was recognised. She lay quietly on the table with me and a nurse talking to her and stroking her while the vet worked. Quite amazing really. I gave her fresh chicken heart this morning. She didn't know what to do with it. The puppies love it. They had their first kill last night, a giant cricket or some other flying thing. It was cornered and then muzzled and with one bite put to death. Between the two of them they ate it. It didn't look all that tasty.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

The dogs went to the vet today for their booster shots. The vet had the cheek to ask why Eddy was so dirty. "Dirty? Isn't he meant to be this colour? And anyway you said not to bath him for a week after his last shots." So they bathed him and believe it or not he's white with brown bits. Like a Persil advertisement from the 60's.

Everyone who comes here loves Patsy especially because she's so gentle, seems so intelligent and loves people. Eddy doesn't care much for humans unless they're holding tools or dishcloths or lawnmowers. There are already 2 firm orders for pups if ever we have any.
fredlk

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand