animal life at my house in Sattahip

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: animal life at my house in Sattahip

Postby payebacs » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

fredlk wrote:what else can I do with my time?

How about nip out to the shop pick up a u bend and a fitting for the VRH mixer-tap Fred.. :lol:
Or don't you want to fix..?!!
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby fredlk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 pm

payebacs wrote:
fredlk wrote:what else can I do with my time?

How about nip out to the shop pick up a u bend and a fitting for the VRH mixer-tap Fred.. :lol:
Or don't you want to fix..?!!

I have done enough shopping for them and I have sent people often enough out shopping for them. Why am I paying 30,000 Baht?
And anyways if I go to the shops the dogs don't let me go alone and many shops are not dog-friendly.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:49 am

fredlk wrote:We walk for about an hour or so through the fields mostly hunting squirrels.

Squirreling:
IMG_0368.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

After a long hot day there's nothing better than cooling off in your own pool:
IMG_5296.JPG

While Patsy always does a couple of lengths and then hops out, Eddy likes to sit awhile and cool his dangly bits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Such bliss, a day without builders or other 'workers':
IMG_5320.JPG

The dogs, especially Patsy who guards this place fiercely, was becoming increasingly anxious and was keeping her eyes on them at all times.
Today we have the place to ourselves and can sleep comfortably wherever we drop. My fitful, often 20-minute nap, today lasted 2 hours. This is my idea of the perfect holiday. :D
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:44 am

My 2 beauties at nine and a half months old:
IMG_0375.jpg
fredlk

Postby geordie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 am

Because of concerns aclimatising i had aircon fitted the day after i got here as my lttle mob were lying around with tonges hanging out beleive me i was in sympathy 7% (a warm day in london) to 34% was something of a shock to the system for me and the mutts but being an idiot (soft touch) we went out for a few hours and left them home alone when we got home we had four beautifully cool jack russels who had obviously worked out the aircon was left on for them so rather than waste it they spent the day lounging under the aircon to the extent we actually got into the house before they greeted us ?? but they do love running around here more than croydon and this bark at passers by is a great game to be played at every oportunity :lol: :lol: took them one at a time on the motorbike last night :) all ok except jasmine she threw up afterwards but that might have been coincidence as she certainly seemed to enjoy it
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby fredlk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 am

This toad thought that hiding in a field was a good idea for the daytime. He didn't reckon with the dogs wanting some fun:
IMG_5330.JPG

The toad was hiding in a sandy hole. I can see the telltale signs on one of Patsy's digging-implements:
IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG

"Move, damn you!":
IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:15 am

For Mrs. geordie:
IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:02 pm

As the days get hotter the swimming pool water gets too warm and so Eddy now seems to prefer a cold water bath:
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg
fredlk

Postby payebacs » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:59 pm

reminds me of 'jack' nicholson somehow :lol: just needs a pair of sunglasses and a big cigar
Saving for my next holiday. And for my build.
payebacs

Postby fredlk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:13 am

The cleared plot across the road is the ideal playground. The dogs spend many an hour there running, playing and on the lookout for prey.
2 dogs at 180 degrees = 360 degree vision:
IMG_5356.jpg

Something underground moved so it's time to investigate:
IMG_5357.JPG
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 am

"Discovered ASLEEP at the wheel!"
IMG_5382.jpg

He refuses to let this car go anywhere without him so the moment a door is opened he's inside. I don't think he'll let me sell it.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Since installing the cables, it's a favourite place for all manner of birds. These are here in great numbers:
IMG_5384.JPG

IMG_5385.JPG

There are also green parrots, what looks like a bird of paradise with a long bright blue tail and even pigeons.
What I have discovered during our pre-dawn walks is that the birds seem to sleep on the ground. The dogs sniff them out and just as they get too close, they fly off. I thought birds lived in trees.
And Mr & Mrs Mynar have taken to eating the dog food thats' left outside. They stroll straight past me, ignore the dogs and grab a couple of the Pedigree "Chicken with tasty Liver flavour".
A couple of the little birds are attempting to build a nest under the Colorbond, but there's hardly any space and so I think they're losing heart.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:39 am

fredlk wrote:... a long bright blue tail ...

IMG_5388.JPG

And another beautiful sunset to entertain the viewers:
IMG_5386.JPG
fredlk

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand