animal life at my house in Sattahip

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: animal life at my house in Sattahip

Postby pattayapope » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:11 pm

A few weeks ago I took him to your recomended Vets in Sattahip but they were fully booked so I found this other place round the corner called the Thai Navy vetenary clinic next to a motor cycle shop and they did the job and agree it could be better[*] :lol:
pattayapope

Postby fredlk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I haven't posted here for a while. There have been some dramas worst of which was that Eddy was bitten by a Malayan Pit Viper and was pretty sick and bleeding for 4 days. He's now fully recovered. He of course dispatched the snake just after it managed to get him. He has had his manhood diminished - I feel very guilty - and Patsy has been sterilised, but she was up and running about again after 8 hours.
Other than that they're still the same great dogs. They love anything with wheels and a car is not allowed to leave here without them. They always insist on riding shotgun:
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby payebacs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 am

fredlk wrote:They always insist on riding shotgun:

Hilarious. Reminds of how great some of the more simple things in life to be enjoyed every day! Terrific!
payebacs

Postby geordie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 am

Fred you experienced one of my worst fears "snake,s playing with the dogs"" my lot were as you know keeping PET MICE !! so who knows what will happen when they meet a snake but i get the feeling it will not go well on the mutt more of a worry is how they will manage with fleas and ticks :lol: :lol: they,ve not came across them yet :mrgreen: And the wife insists they are buddhist dogs so will not kill anything ???? I hope the make an exception with the snakes or condo here i come
My lot enjoy hanging out the car window recycling fresh air :( it ai,nt so fresh when i get it the little buggers take it in one end and it exits the other not so fresh then is it ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to get an update on them have you warned them some of their cousins are travelling from uk to see them
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:57 am

geordie wrote:one of my worst fears "snake,s playing with the dogs

That was mine too, but surprisingly it turned out okay. I had no idea that these snakes were here and they're dangerous but not deadly. The worst part was that his wounds kept bleeding for days and the blood wouldn't clot thanks to the toxin. He didn't need an anti-venim, but was on a drip for some hours, got antibiotics, anti-allergy, anti-pain, anti-anti ......
geordie wrote:more of a worry is how they will manage with fleas and ticks

We take them to the vet mostly every month for an update on the repellent and sometimes it works. The ticks are seen to be taking a stroll on them and at times I've found some on me. The dogs get washed in a special shampoo which also helps for a while. While Eddy was sick I pulled a tick off which was feeding and it left a hole which bled for 2 hours. That was frightening.
geordie wrote:the wife insists they are buddhist dogs so will not kill anything ????

Toads, frogs, geckos, lizards, snakes, caterpillars, grasshoppers, field-mice, squirrels, birds ..... are all fair game. If caught, they're played with and if they don't cooperate they're killed and then played with. They are still hunting the squirrels and haven't caught any nor have they got any live birds. They did find a dead one and it became their afternoon snack. :cry:
geordie wrote: have you warned them some of their cousins are travelling from uk to see them

They love visitors once they know them. People who don't treat them with affection - some people are scared of them - will be barked at relentlessly until they leave. If they get a pat on the head they're friends for life. People who arrive by car get preferential treatment because they appreciate a nice car. The couple of police who patrol here every day have to park their motorbike and spend a few minutes with them because otherwise they'll be circling the motorbike for a long time and not let them go. Other dogs here or within a 500 metre radius are not tolerated. Yours will be the first to arrive by car and so it should be okay. When we are walking in Sattahip with them on a leash they usually respect the other dogs and there's no barking or fighting. When they're riding shotgun they don't bark unless barked at.

A joke:

On the first day, God created the dog and said:

'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.'

The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?'

So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said:

'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span.'

The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?'

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said:

'You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years.'

The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years.. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?'

And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said:

'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years.'

But the human said: 'Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?'

'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it.'

So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:32 am

Screen shots from yesterday's action video:
Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at Thursday - 02 Feb 2012 - 07.27.10 .png

Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at Thursday - 02 Feb 2012 - 07.27.41 .png

Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at Thursday - 02 Feb 2012 - 07.28.02 .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 am

Ok the joke was not bad ? what was down the hole other than a couple of JR,s ??
geordie

Postby payebacs » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 am

fredlk wrote:Life has now been explained to you.

Okay but what about after this life.. heaven or hell cos I know of this guy who had a near death experience and arrived at the entrance to hell where it was explained to him that he had a choice of 3 rooms. The first which got shown to him was filled with a whole bunch of people standing on their hands which looked pretty uncomfortable. The 2nd was filled with people all standing right on their heads. Oww. And in the 3rd'.. well, the floor was a lot dirtier than in the first two in fact covered with sewerage, very smelly, but otherwise dotted around the room were some tables and chairs and everyone in there was just sitting around drinking tea! Okay I'll have this one he says and got shoved in door locked behind him and this voice shouts "Okay, tea breaks over, back on your heads!" So now you've had life and the worst room in hell explained to you.!
payebacs

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 am

geordie wrote:what was down the hole other than a couple of JR,s ??

They went in sniffing something, methinks rabbit or lizard, but once inside there was nothing there. I think they did a runner as soon as they saw Eddy and Patsy approaching.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am

Eddy thought that he read in the dictionary "iPad - noun - a thick piece of soft material":
IMG_5096.JPG
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:27 pm

fredlk wrote:Eddy thought that he read in the dictionary "iPad - noun - a thick piece of soft material":
IMG_5096.JPG

.... and he's wired for sound! :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm

MGV12 wrote:.... and he's wired for sound! :lol:

Almost .... but not quite, he has his earbuds in and is listening to Edith Piaf singing "Padam" on the iPhone's music player. :D
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Seeing them enjoying the new steps has made it worth every Satang :D :
IMG_5128.jpg
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 pm

A favourite game ?? and who,s king of the castle ???
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 am

geordie wrote:A favourite game ?? and who,s king of the castle ???

No game, they're allies and colleagues keeping an eye on the land, the neighbourhood and the coast looking out for any possible danger.
fredlk

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand