motosai

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: motosai

Postby geordie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:29 am

alright i will stand by my first statement " a first a thai with a bit of respect for the property of others" and emphasise my in laws gave me that opinion However i don,t see it as Thai bashing in fact its a statement that would apply anywhere Hire cars are a prime example in general people do not respect the property of others i have lost enough gear on loan to people to know that to be true and my statement was in fact a compliment on the couple your getting over sensitive Bill :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:32 am

You are probably right geordie.

Guess living here for 11/12 year, visiting for about the same length of time has given me a slightly different take on it.

Not saying there has been no equipment lost or damaged as this has happened.

The thing I wouldn't do is leave my shiny vehicles, equipment or tools with any of my in-laws here or in Canada. Especially ones that have proven they can't be trusted. :roll:

Yes probably just getting sensitive in my old age.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:51 am

BKKBILL wrote:You are probably right geordie.

Guess living here for 11/12 year, visiting for about the same length of time has given me a slightly different take on it.

Not saying there has been no equipment lost or damaged as this has happened.

The thing I wouldn't do is leave my shiny vehicles, equipment or tools with any of my in-laws here or in Canada. Especially ones that have proven they can't be trusted. :roll:

Yes probably just getting sensitive in my old age.

And .... so getting back to the subject of motosai .....
:lol:

the one parked in my garden is spotless, scratch free and it's day 4 or 5 already.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:55 pm

fredlk wrote:the one parked in my garden is spotless, scratch free and it's day 4 or 5 already.

1 month later:
IMG_4059.JPG

Looking at the photo, everything is starting to resemble Fred and Wilma's place. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes but have you learned to ride the thing yet :lol:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:51 pm

geordie wrote:Yes but have you learned to ride the thing yet

I was waiting till I had more time / the weather had improved / the dogs were older / I had insurance / I had a motorbike licence / The car was out of order .......
fredlk

Postby geordie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Ok so we have to accept you are waiting for Eddy to learn to drive so he can chaufer you ? :lol:
geordie

Postby fredlk » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am

I did it. Around the block with Song running alongside me. I rode a bicycle for years, I rode a motorbike in 1995, but somehow this all felt quite unnatural. I wasn't ready for the low centre of gravity and the fact that my feet couldn't do anything. Accelerating was almost easy, but remembering to brake was more difficult. After 5 minutes I congratulated myself on learning another skill and decided to continue using my 6-cylinder, air-conditioned, 4-wheeled Audi.
fredlk

Previous

Return to Life in Thailand