Thai weather

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Thai weather

Postby fredlk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 pm

MGV12 wrote:
fredlk wrote:Sunshine? :roll: :lol: It's been raining, cloudy and raining again for days now. Thankfully I'm on a hill as a lot of other places seem to be flooded.

Keep it down there ... I don't want any more :cry: :roll:

Taking the above from my building story, the weather here never ceases to amaze me. It's always beautiful. Even the greyish and wet weather of the last days is better and warmer than European summer weather. Of course when building it's a pain, but for me here in my ivory tower recovering from flakey skin and other oddities - see other thread(s) - it's great. I grew up in the sunshine and then moved to be closer to the Arctic Circle, or that's at least how it felt. Now in my dotage it's wonderful never having to wear more than a t-shirt, always waking up to 25+ degree weather. And for the first time ever in Thailand I've been sleeping without air-conditioning for a couple of weeks now and it's really good. I never thought I would manage it, but the micro-climate in the hills here at the coast has made it possible. I just hope it lasts as it is also a major cost-saving.
fredlk

Re: Thai weather

Postby Baanguru » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Thai weather is unpredictable but for foreigners it's beautiful since they always wanted a warm weather especially those who came from western countries. I find Thai weather just so right although hate summer because I couldn't stand so much heat from the sun.
Baanguru

Return to Life in Thailand