life & times @& around griffith house

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: life & times @& around griffith house

Postby geordie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm

so far this year i have lost a 12/24 v charger £125
24v dewalt charger £145
inverter welder £220
all plugged into generators the speed and frequency are important if the rpm is slightly high it will alter the hertz and kill any electronics or over voltage and kill the stuff the same highly irratating especially when you find that its the bloke who has borrowed the stuff has deliberately got the generator speeded up because it was low output i would be more inclined to use back up batterys and an inverter for the computers with a genny supplying the house for lights & pumps only especially if its regular jazzman bough a little two stroke from makro over there
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 am

geo
thxs for info on generator matching to motor speed. Never muked much on the e.gen stuff. Just turned em on and all was well for the portables. For offshore platforms used the solar pannels for battery charging on low demand jobs & that is small, as in very low- apart from dx and esd - nota. I do know wet batteries r reliable but high maintenance - as is any functional ups with high reliability. I prefer ultracapacitors (Maxwell) as alternative to battery for any new ups source - eliminates battery maintenance & improves reliability.
here- looks like my truck battery and keeping minimum of 100L uv water will do 4now.

Last nite, @2100hrs, pulled z plug on inet cafe (offical excuse: rcbo test) then explained wife that when she gets baby sitter for late evenings - will look into extending inet cafe hours past the new closing time of 20:00hrs. Another development is now all wifi have password access. Figured it would be just matter of time till some weisenkraker would try freeloading. When word got back about wifi freeloaders- i wep'ed it.

Looks like rains keeping grass doing well. Today will likely run the uv system to c how new bladder tank assist to reduce pump cycle time.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 am

just post some pics w/annotations to follow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 am

pic a
some drain pipes pulled out as they filled with mud & to right is the replacement complete ith hi crown to made nice dam and mudhole behind it. Was no job by wife father but he likes doing same xcept on drive way i supervised the correct slope w/o crwne dam
pic d
new water bladder bottom left & top rhs is nice lake on old property where they r now surrounded on all sides by built up lands drain'g to they lake

pic b
siliconed up small small hole where snake baby poked head out to look at me, maybe nest down there in conduit run, 2'' inside 4'' for elect feed me, maybe nest down there in conduit run, 2'' inside 4'' for elect feed
b
siliconed up small small hole where snake baby poked head out to look at me, maybe nest down there in conduit run, 2'' inside 4'' for elect feed me, maybe nest down there in conduit run, 2'' inside 4'' for elect feed
c
new outside outlet to replc water damaged one. The old one recycled to make extention cord for fan @ inet cafe
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:56 am

pic d
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 am

wifey inet cafe continues to hum along with now 4 multi core processor multi ghz boxes which she has networked
we ran feed to 2 routers in computer room
someone brought over a nasty virus on a zip drive so zips r now verbotten she appears to have gotten rid of z viru
then her droid galaxy s got nicked
i explain this is home business & customers i shun will be banned, is clear we not need all commers - especially hangers round - i will get out my texas shi kickers on any hangers round
s on any hangers round

griffer now approaching 14 mo
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 am

found a black n tan hound i liked but lady did not want parting
wify has eye on a yellow color dog which is under consideration
it is from long hair parents and i see trubs w long hair dog here with soo many buggies
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

plenty o rain up this way lately
but no roof leaks
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 am

mo griffy pics
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 pm

and just when u think u seen it all...
A Singer foot peddle sewing machine
look close & u c flywheel n footpeddle
my granny bern 1900 & passed @ 102 years sew mothers' clothes with electric Singer n 50's
paw used to sell these old Singers' as antiques n '60's
this neighbor still use this old foot peddle
i was going to ask her to stitch a few fer me but when i c it
a foot peddle, never mind as they a real bugger to operate.
Never say never.
The Singer old hardwood forrest near Hickory Ridge played out n late 50's so she have a real gemcrack
passed her hubby on way to garbage dump today & he was a toten his black powder rifle off to forrest fer a huntin
no pollution just natural living out here. Reminds me of Ozarks n 70's b4 all dem damm yankies moved in from ny n chikagee
otis-a

Postby geordie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 am

Otis why not chuck a couple of camera,s up to try and catch the theiving scroats ( at it ) Then take them out back for a more informative chat ? I am still gutted that the wife,s camera vanished during the build we knew exactly who it was but had no proof but what goes around come,s around and i will nail her somehow The camera i could live with losing but the photo,s were what i wanted the sim card could have been left somewhere for us to find
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 pm

griffer @ play
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 pm

land slide on 3 sisters peak out back
maybe rain
maybe quake plus rain
wife say never c b4 in her life such slide
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:53 pm

y'day killed a green ricefield mambo snake. Go out front door n c 0.7m green snake on front porch. I think 'nice joke- someone put plastic snake outside' but when he start slithering then is broom time. Destroyed both snake n broom. Sorry no pic's as my main concern was getting 1 dead snake off property.

Seems wify inet cafe going gangbusters (4computers stay mostly full now @15tb/hr & 12hr/dy). So commission new small building to move it & constant dun of users out of house. Is no big rush but i want me privacy back. Heavily advise Against starting in home business. Make it an out of home business, that way if it goes well u not need move it outside.
Looked at mud slide y'dy n it seems bit bigger.

Backwash sand water filter today as water getting cloudy. Was good move as tank run dry. Discover storage tank go dry as wify not change pump valves back after washing truck.

I scream u scream ice cream time now.
otis-a

Postby elgato » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Enjoying your post! Got me ROFL :lol: Except the bad bits in the beginning. Best of luck on everything and keep 'em coming.
elgato

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand