life & times @& around griffith house

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: life & times @& around griffith house

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:59 am

Otis,
Why take off the wheels of the bikes, that's too much like hard work....clamp them with a chain and padlock. If there are two or three offenders, clamp them together, then go for a drive for a few hours and take the key. Make sure you don't have bolt cutters laying around though.
Roger Ramjet

Postby otis-a » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Thxs rr 4z suggestion: it will take a long chain as they spread out all over، lock i have
today much better with bike parking
tot inet
problem was griffy likes unplug cords & decoder plug he pulled just enuf to bugger it so as last resort i think reverse polarity ie flip socket which was done a wall alreadi by when i do at decoder box shazamers inet light for router @ decoder input comes live. Wife already checked neighbors & they tot ok so we start check ours tot say turn off 1 hr which we did but 0 result : success found at decoder plug socket
other
today piddle with cannon mini scanner with decent results- looks like will be lots o papers for recycle man n month or so & free up bookshelf room'
the hpscanner printer n use @ inet cafe so off limits 2me
'
sweepin nearly did a boom boom on stairs but saved by osha standard double hand rail
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 pm

www.mazuma.co.th/knowledge_eng.html
today
opted for the ufl compact 3 uv with 200 l storage for making drinking water @
6.0k tb seems bit expensive but i am proponent of uv purification over chlorine.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 am

Wife reported that y'dy she take in 600tb from her inet cafe n copy service. Looks like she will recoop her 9k tb computer investment b4 z novality wears out. when started her copy service was a big rush of customers, y'dy only 40b from copy service. Was another 60b from snacks n noodles. Uh forgot need deduct 150tb for baby sitter but still looks like she have + cash flow as i not charge her for electrical costs of fan, lights, and computer energy. But if ebill exced 2500tb there will be a surcharge levy to her but schhhhhh for now
otis-a

Postby Sunpax » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:19 pm

otis-a wrote:http://www.mazuma.co.th/knowledge_eng.html
today
opted for the ufl compact 3 uv with 200 l storage for making drinking water @
6.0k tb seems bit expensive but i am proponent of uv purification over chlorine.

Otis , did you choose only UV traitement ? or reverse osmosis + UV ?
Sunpax

Postby otis-a » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:55 pm

I went uv as is more natural. On the blog side f this site is some older noteworthy discussion about - aspects of ro and need for water to provide basic minerls or take vit mineral supplements
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Mountian snake neighbor catch - snake go to dinner pot , i suspect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 pm

today another sunny retired in los day
presently await truck back from cleaners n chillin
wife take computer to shop to xchange for dual core jobbie to keep her inet customers happy. Do not worry she payin so i playin
for me it was chicken n rice thai style bistro
also dredged up good deal on sediments filter n blew another 1k tb on install fittings for the uv water job- hope thats all i need to get that job rockin
this a.m. After pilfering my junk for scanner fodder was set upon by the griffer so back to the cases with scanner fodder as griffer would sort the stuff to shredded papers faster than i could scan.
So off he goes in search of new mess fodder
a short trip at that, until he finds some food wife left laying round
1 hour later after cleaning the goo n we off to district for computer and wify to bank away her weekend winnings from inet cafe & scouting parts for my uv project.
Never a boring minuite as fill those by posting @ cth.
Redi 4me clean truck so can get back to sortin out the uv project.
otis-a

Postby geordie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

otis all these little jobs when you going to get arount to the geothermal :!:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

thxs geo
outa sight is not always outa mind
just havent found a local ac man to run me copper. What i settled on trying is run copper tube direct in&out of my small bore well
like to get it valved up around fan condenser unit
thusly if any issues just swap valve positions n flip new fan switch to jump back to normal operation
did some askin but ziltch
will go to ac stores for ref's on local man
but b4 going will gen up quick pdf of pics & print for him
pretty sure all is filed away at the cth forum on geothermal cooling.
Ps brought back a neat pump pullin tool in my boxes. It should eliminate dropping pumps as guys did last time.
scanner job lookin long term, maybe 1 hr each a.m. Should birddog it out in perhaps a year or so.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:01 am

today re-running lan cables for wify inet cafe computers. Her 1st run was just thru doorway to old guest bedroom (now inet cafe) & when door closed lan cables get smashed. This entailed drilling/punching holes in wall below beam but above suspended ceiling. Had only 1 masonary bit that was good for pilot hole & rest done with variety wood working tools (whch need retipping doubtless after doing masonary work). Lan cable head bigger n cable so pilot needed reeming out.
Asked here get a local for last 2 days so she finally get her father agree to do in evening- nogood 4 business as students come then so worker of last resort pulled from uv water job.
Now is some local competition for inet cafe business so afternoon last thing needed to assure some customers go another place. During last 10min of job have customers come. I give em bag o chips to munch whilst completing job sorta. Still need cleaning n put back tiles. Was v suprised to get 2 students this early.
After chill down then is back to uv water job.
Get xtra incenative this a.m. when wify say water man charge 2tb for missing caps on small wasser bottles.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:50 am

yesterday made the tb 600 diesel run to mai sai at behest of visa dept to get my #2 one year visa (in 1 year) only to be told by same clowns come back next month. They previously told wife i needed to come yesterday. These are same clowns that processed me a non multi x-entry when being told every time i c them. 'i have no need for 1 yr visa, if it were not multi exit entry as would be off to usa shortly'. After airport entry showed visa stamp was not multi x/n then i go back to ask clowns what is up? Only to be told the multi x/n window is an arms' length away. Real class act that crowd. i doubt they could pour water out of a bucket if instructions were posted on outside bottom.
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 am

today is a good day to post from my n95mini via gprs as electric power just throwed the 1 per 2 week wobbler. Must be our cell tower is on another grid, payaou province, chang kham district not chaing rai thoeng district.
Will wash down with towel n some uv purified water as water pump is also out for the power wobbler.
Was notifier of power wobbler in middle of loading programs for wify new inet cafe computer. Seems she now up to about 16 weeks to recover her investments (if business doesnt decline) as she purchase a 4th computer. Yesterday she take about 200tb & weekends run about 1k tb for total 2ktb/week but hope the new machine gives her a boost. My opine was go used machine but hae money n mind o her own she gets new machine, which in my mind is just longer payout nothing more nothing less. Well she did get new desk also. So now have 4 workstations for her students. She was no so happywhen informed of her share for last months ebill for no terrible reliable electrical service. Well its' off to the wash & a good dayto 1 & all who read this little blog.
otis-a

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Otis,
Now I would have thought that you of all people would have a back-up generator. You know the type, just plug it into the wall socket after throwing the mains. Would be more than enough to run the 4 computers, fridge and fans for the time the grid is down. Just put the whole thing on the wife's "to pay" bill.
Roger Ramjet

Postby otis-a » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 pm

rr
4sur a good idea. If was n usa would be a tax deduction but tit. Will update if can find some switchgear, any leads? Pun pun <:o))-
otis-a

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand