hello fellow builders - addendum

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: hello fellow builders

Postby hibaaryan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:46 pm

<Out of context 'contribution' removed - mod>
hibaaryan

Postby fredlk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:48 pm

hibaaryan wrote:Hi I am Hiba Aryan and i welcome myself to the forum
a great name given the subject you chose to open with in this forum :)
You make some good points in reference to heat mitigation in Thailand.
One thing to consider is the orientation of the building in the property and it's relation to other structures or trees for shade.
One tool I use is Google Sketch-Up where I model all my designs. In Sketch-Up you have some very powerful tools, one of them is " Shadows".
You can set the location preference to Thailand, and adjust the shadows by Month, Day and time of the day, to see where you get the most sun at the hottest part of the day, and decide on measures to mitigate the affect, Also if planing [url - removed] Trees, you can find their optimum location for best affect.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah. Discussed ad infinitum and everywhere here already. You have just reinvented the wheel. Congratulations.
fredlk

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:50 pm

fredlk wrote:
One thing to consider is the orientation of the building in the property and it's relation to other structures or trees for shade.
One tool I use is Google Sketch-Up where I model all my designs. In Sketch-Up you have some very powerful tools, one of them is " Shadows".
You can set the location preference to Thailand, and adjust the shadows by Month, Day and time of the day, to see where you get the most sun at the hottest part of the day, and decide on measures to mitigate the affect, Also if planing [url - removedl] Trees, you can find their optimum location for best affect.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah. Discussed ad infinitum and everywhere here already. You have just reinvented the wheel. Congratulations.

Fred did you miss the spam URL :lol: :lol: :lol: i just munged it for you
Sometimewoodworker

Postby fredlk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
fredlk wrote:
You can set the location preference to Thailand, and adjust the shadows by Month, Day and time of the day, to see where you get the most sun at the hottest part of the day, and decide on measures to mitigate the affect, Also if planing [url - removed] Trees, you can find their optimum location for best affect.

I hadn't noticed it but then again I am ageing. By now I do understand some of your abbreviations and I know the word minge, but munge?!? Please clarify for the likes of me.
fredlk

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm

fredlk wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:
fredlk wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah. Discussed ad infinitum and everywhere here already. You have just reinvented the wheel. Congratulations.

I hadn't noticed it but then again I am ageing. By now I do understand some of your abbreviations and I know the word minge, but munge?!? Please clarify for the likes of me.

It is the past tense of mung. Not munge.
It may be an acronym for mashed until no good.
Dozo.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby fredlk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:It is the past tense of mung. Not munge.

My simple Oxford Dictionary:
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at Thursday - 18 Dec 2014 - 17.56.44 .png

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at Thursday - 18 Dec 2014 - 17.54.23 .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Keep looking :mrgreen:

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 7.28.52 PM.png
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby fredlk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Keep looking :mrgreen:

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 7.28.52 PM.png

DEVESTATING ????!!!!????
fredlk

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:43 pm

AAMOF monge is also a Computer related word. Although it has a rather different meaning

image.jpg
Sometimewoodworker

Postby claynlr » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm

You guys lost me....9 years between posts and we got to "mung"????
claynlr

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 am

I think you've all bean had.
BKKBILL wrote:Keep looking

Bill,
You can't quote a word from a "politically correct" dictionary written by a fat, single, public servant female from Canberra. Why can't they just say fucked?
Next all the made-up words from JK Rowling's Harry Potter books will creap into usage and the only useful one was to describe New Zealand as inhabited by Hobbits and call it Middle Earth or was that from JJR Tolkien Lord of the Rings? Either way, "munged" is not a word, whereas mung is a verb http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mung derived from Chinese. The mung bean is derived from Hindustani http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mung_bean.
As I said before you've all "bean" had.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:I think you've all bean had.
BKKBILL wrote:Keep looking

Bill,
You can't quote a word from a "politically correct" dictionary written by a fat, single, public servant female from Canberra.

RR I can and I did. :mrgreen: Not only that but I think most dictionaries are probably written by fat, single people with poor posture.

Bean had or been had, well that is a whole other story.

images.jpg
BKKBILL

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 pm

^ and ^^

Think those last two posts munged it. :mrgreen:
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:42 am

BKKBILL wrote:^ and ^^

Think those last two posts munged it. :mrgreen:

Yes ... surely we have contaminated this 'savoury' subject matter :roll: :lol:

The one thing worse than genocide. One must first have no shame. Then he/she must use a newspaper to find the obituary of a recently deceased man or woman. Then must find a buddy, with no shame, who will aid them in this act. The partners then go to the cemetary where they dig up their victim, and flip a coin. The loser, (or winner depending on how sick you are), applies his/her lips to the genitals or anus of the corpse, while the other partner procedes to climb the nearest tombstone and elbow drop the corpse's stomach. Thus forcing out a blend of rich bodily fluids and embalming materials onto the partners. This blend is called mung. The act of getting this blend on your face is called munging. Chicks'll dig this one.

Freeloading bastards who mung will surely burn in hell.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mung

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Return to Friendly Banter