People/companies that the world might be better off without

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: People that the world might be better off without

Postby MGV12 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:19 am

He's going to try to stay .... due to 'popular demand' as he personally sees through the changes to the corrupt regime that he was responsible for.

You can change rules and regulations as much as you want but if the people responsible for administering and applying them stay the same nothing will change.

Best bet is for either [or preferably both] parties of investigators to get the handcuffs on him:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter to reveal reform plans

Fifa president Sepp Blatter is set to announce his plans to reform football's crisis hit governing body on Monday.

Blatter will also hold talks with Fifa's executive committee over a date for the new presidential election.

The 79-year-old announced on 2 June he was stepping aside as head of Fifa, having just been re-elected.

BBC Sport understands 16 December has been earmarked by several regional football confederations as their preferred date for the new ballot.

But the date for what is billed as an 'emergency congress' could slip to early 2016 given Blatter's reported desire to stay in power until the new year.

European governing body Uefa is likely to push hard in Monday's meeting for a December date but is not expected to seek to force Blatter out early - especially given that interim control of the organisation would fall to the Swiss's close ally Issa Hayatou.

The emergency talks will mark the first time executives have formally met since the arrest of seven football officials in Zurich in May - part of a US criminal investigation into alleged large-scale corruption and bribery.

However, Brazilian executive committee member Marco Polo del Nero will miss the meeting after telling Fifa he needs to stay at home.

Del Nero left Zurich one day after the May arrests, which saw former Brazilian confederation president Jose Maria Marin placed in detention.

Two of the 14 men indicted by the US have appeared in court in New York in recent days, including former Fifa vice president Jeffrey Webb, who has pleaded not guilty.

Swiss authorities are also investigating the circumstances surrounding the award of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups to Russia and Qatar respectively.

They announced last week that 81 suspicious banking transactions are under review and have seized nine terabytes of IT data.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33587535

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 am

Maybe not!

Watch the hilarious moment shamed FIFA president Blatter is showered in fake dollar bills by British comedian during press conference... and told 'this is for North Korea in 2026!'

article-3168276-2AB2D0F300000578-372_964x447.jpg

Disgraced FIFA president Sepp Blatter sensationally had a bundle of fake banknotes thrown over him by a comedian who gatecrashed his press conference in Zurich today. Englishman Simon Brodkin - also known as Jason Bent as well as Lee Nelson - calmly walked up to Blatter's position behind a table at the front of the stage and placed a sum of money on the table and said: 'This is for North Korea 2026'. He then turned to address the press while Blatter waved urgently at security guards to take him away before later announcing he would not stand for another term as FIFA president in the new elections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 am

And the man who voted Seth in from Asia:

The Football Association of Thailand president, Worawi Makudi, has been handed a suspended 16-month prison sentence for forging documents in the 2013 election that saw him retain his post for the fourth consecutive term.

The 63-year-old Worawi beat off his sole challenger Virach Chanpanich in an October vote in 2013 to retain the top position in Thai football which he has been holding since 2007. However, the outcome was marred by allegations of wrongdoing during the electoral process.

Pattaya FC filed a lawsuit soon after the election against Worawi and Ongart Kohsinkha, the Thai Premier League chairman, for forging documents. Yesterday, the criminal court declared the pair guilty of the offence.

The court originally handed Worawi and Ongart, who once worked with him as the FAT secretary general, a twoyear jail term and Bt6,000 fine. Given that the two have never been convicted before, the punishment was reduced by one quarter to only one year and four months in prison and Bt4,000 fine, with the jail sentence suspended.

"What we did was for all the member clubs, who have fought with us all along. At last, we have tasted success. We've lost in [almost] every court, leaving us fearing that the society would see us in negative light. Let's see how the next presidential election would be handled," an emotional Natthaphon Panyakhananukul told reporters after hearing the court's verdict.

Full story here: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/ ... 65008.html
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am

Fifa: Domenico Scala set to lead reform taskforce
By Richard Conway BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent

Domenico Scala is set to chair Fifa's reform taskforce after meeting three confederation presidents, including Uefa's Michel Platini.

Scala has been leading the governing body of world football's latest attempt to reform itself since Sepp Blatter said he would stand aside.

The taskforce has been asked to report its findings within seven weeks.

But campaign group New Fifa Now told the BBC: "The notion that Mr Scala is independent is laughable."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33624227

Meanwhile:

Fifa corruption: Trinidad receives extradition papers for Jack Warner

Former Fifa vice president facing extradition to US where he is wanted on string of corruption charges

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ack-warner

Meanwhile:

Anguilla: Last in FIFA's rankings but grateful for cash

Is FIFA's top brass spreading the wealth of the beautiful game or buying loyalty by giving cash to small nations?

http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/americas ... 56472.html

Meanwhile:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fifa stunt: Comedian Simon Brodkin to be charged by police

British comedian Simon Brodkin is to be charged with trespassing by Swiss authorities after interrupting Sepp Blatter's news conference and showering the Fifa president with fake money.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33614318

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Could Ecclestone and Mackenzie lead buyout of CVC’s F1 stake?

Bernie Ecclestone has hinted that he might be part of a consortium that could take over CVC’s 35% shareholding of the F1 business.

Ecclestone indicated that CVC has faced a deadline to sell its stake, and has extended it twice. The business is understood to be valued at around $9bn, making the CVC share worth approximately $3bn.

“It’s like all hedge funds,” he told this writer. “They invest people’s money for a certain period. It doesn’t matter how good they do, they have to give it back. Maybe they re-invest again, maybe they don’t, I don’t know. They’re past their sell-off date. They have extended it a couple of times.”

He then suggested that even if CVC left the sport its chairman Donald Mackenzie could remain an investor in a personal capacity, in conjunction with Bernie himself and other investors – in what could be termed a management buyout.

“Donald Mackenzie doesn’t want to sell, as simple as that. He loves F1, he loves the business, he doesn’t want to sell. He may have to sell his shares. Whether he’ll invest himself, maybe with me, separately, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Asked if he was interested in buying F1 back, Bernie said: “We’re talking.”

Curiously Mackenzie himself said that there was no deadline for CVC as the original investment had been repaid, and thus “the pressure is off.” He added: “We don’t want to sell.”

Meanwhile Ecclestone has acknowledged that a joint venture involving Qatar and US firm RSE Ventures is among potential buyers of CVC’s share of the F1 business. He considers RSE’s billionaire boss Stephen Ross as a serious player.

“Lots of people have made approaches. He’s a proper guy, he’s a sporting guy, from a business point of view.”

Intriguingly the head of the Qatari motor sport federation said this week that he was close to finalising a deal to have a Grand Prix, despite Bahrain and Abu Dhabi having an agreement with Ecclestone that would prevent a third race being launched in the Middle East. Ecclestone acknowledge that the situation could change if Qatar invested in F1.

“I think if they own the company there’s a very good chance of that happening.”

He added: “Or get the people from Bahrain and Abu Dhabi to agree. Then they wouldn’t have to buy the company.”

Dieter Hahn of German sports marketing media group Constantin Medien, who was involved in an expensive legal fight with Ecclestone, has also been connected to the RSE/Qatar bid. Ecclestone doesn’t see their history as an issue.

“I can work with anybody. It doesn’t make any difference to me. He lost the case, so why should I be upset with him? If he was here now, we’d probably have dinner tonight.”

MGV12

Re: What lies ahead?

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 am

Football's in safe hands! Twitter watches in horror as FIFA president Sepp Blatter appears on stage at World Cup draw with Russian president Vladimir Putin
Users unleashed vitriol at FIFA boss Blatter and Russian president Putin
They appeared on stage together at the qualifying draw for 2018 World Cup
One meme has leaders alongside notorious movie villains like Voldemort
'You make us happy and comfortable,' Blatter told Russian premier Putin
England were drawn in the same qualifying group as Scotland in the draw

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3gxqitB6c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Those of us who [in our naivety] would like to see a level playing field in sport will vomit at what follows ... graphically demonstrated in the following video.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s1049

Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel prize for his work with FIFA, claims Russian president Vladimir Putin

Sepp Blatter deserves a Nobel prize for his work with FIFA, according to Russia president Vladimir Putin.

Russia will host the World Cup in 2018 but FIFA, football's governing body, is currently embroiled in a corruption crisis which includes an investigation into awarding the tournament to the country.

However, following a meeting between Blatter and Putin in St Petersburg on Saturday, the Russian president backed the Swiss for special recognition.

'We all know the situation developing around Mr Blatter right now. I don't want to go into details but I don't believe a word about him being involved in corruption personally,' Putin told Swiss broadcaster RTS.

'I think people like Mr Blatter or the heads of big international sporting federations, or the Olympic Games, deserve special recognition. If there is anyone who deserves the Nobel prize, it's those people.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... Putin.html

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm

FIFA president Sepp Blatter sold 2010 and 2014 World Cup TV rights to Jack Warner, claims Swiss TV channel

Lame-duck president Sepp Blatter has been implicated in FIFA's corruption scandal for selling off TV rights at a knockdown price.

Swiss television channel SRF alleges Blatter signed off the Caribbean Football Union rights for the 2010 and 2014 World Cups to disgraced former FIFA executive Jack Warner for £389,000 — five per cent of the true market value — allowing Warner to make an £11million profit when he sold them on.

The revelations — which include Blatter's signature on both contracts with Warner — come on the eve of American and Swiss attorney generals holding a joint press conference in Zurich to provide an update on their respective investigations into FIFA.

FIFA has been brought to its knees since the arrest of seven officials in Zurich on May 27. They are among 14 people charged by the US authorities over more than £100m in bribes given for television and marketing deals.

Warner is one of those 14 facing charges and is fighting extradition from Trinidad.

FIFA said: 'We are not at liberty to discuss matters concerning Mr Warner.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... annel.html

MGV12

Re: Companies that the world might be better off without

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:54 pm

US drug company to cut 5,000% price rise after backlash

A US drug company that faced a backlash after raising the price of a drug used by Aids patients by over 5,000% has said it will lower the price.
Martin Shkreli, the head of Turing Pharmaceuticals, told US media he would drop the price following the outcry, but did not say by how much.
Turing Pharmaceuticals acquired the rights to Daraprim in August.
It then raised the cost of the drug, which treats a parasitic infection, from $13.50 (£8.70) to $750.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34332363

MGV12

Re: People/companies that the world might be better off wit

Postby MGV12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:29 am

BREAKING NEWS
Swiss open criminal proceedings against Sepp Blatter, FIFA’s leader

:D :D :D

MGV12

Re: People/companies that the world might be better off with

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Nothing comedic here ... just an opinion:

Comedian Alan Davies aims extraordinary rant at Chelsea trio John Terry, Jose Mourinho and Roman Abramovich

English stand-up comedian Alan Davies has hit out at Chelsea by aiming derogatory digs at Chelsea captain John Terry, manager Jose Mourinho and owner Roman Abramovich.

Davies, who is best known for his work on the likes of television programmes QI and Jonathan Creek, has said Russian owner Abramovich ‘cruises clear in ugly legitimacy’ while owning the west London outfit.

His rant, which came during a weekly hour-long Arsenal podcast called 'The Tuesday Club' alongside fellow comedians, did not cut short at the wealthy oligarch as he claimed Portuguese tactician Mourinho has a ‘narcissistic personality’.

Captain Terry, who was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand by the Football Association in September 2012 but cleared of using racist language in court, has been described as a ‘racist criminal’ by Davies.

The 49-year-old went on to label the current Premier League champions ‘a disgusting institution that’s rotten from the top’.

Arsenal supporter Davies, speaking on September 24 following his side’s 2-0 defeat by Chelsea, said: ‘[Arsene] Wenger’s more like a Jedi – he’s going through the universe using the force for good. Every now and then there are people who are using the force for bad. Be advised, this delusional personality disorder starts at the top.

'Of all the reprehensible scumbags masquerading as talent successful stars in their field, you have to start with Abramovich.

'Now, he is the billionaire with yachts and legit business interests and helicopters, and the grim reality of the blood-stained gold rush that was the break-up of the former USSR, the handing over of huge state utilities, of the right to print money to oligarchs, to keep them out of western business hands.

'There are no bodies buried, make no mistake. But now, he cruises clear in ugly legitimacy in needy London, where we'll sell anything to any dubious foreign national, without asking what crimes or human rights violations they committed to amass their sickening wealth.

'Of course, a man like that would hire a man like Mourinho, a walking narcissistic personality disorder. And of course, he would have the racist criminal Terry as his leader, and the sociopathic violent thug as his centre forward.

'And they would be paraded as heroes in front of millions of impressionable children worldwide. it's inevitable, it's a disgusting institution that's rotten from the top all the way down to its racists fans pushing black people off tubes.

'This is far more than a s**t club with no history, this is a stain of football, on London, on humanity.'

Then asked who wrote that, Davies replied to laughter: 'I did. I wrote that at the weekend at a time I was having a massive sense of humour failure at football.'

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Why would you choose to replace a *&^%$#@ with a *&^%$#@?

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 am

This guy is priceless :roll:

McDonald's, Coca-Cola, VISA and Budweiser call for FIFA president Sepp Blatter to resign with immediate effect

FIFA sponsors McDonald's, Coca-Cola, VISA and Budweiser have demanded that president Sepp Blatter relinquishes his position

By CHARLES SALE FOR THE DAILY MAIL and PA REPORTER

Sepp Blatter’s lameduck FIFA presidency until the election next February was looking increasingly untenable on Friday night as world football’s biggest sponsors urged him to go immediately.

Heavyweight backers McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Budweiser and VISA making such demands for the first time puts added pressure on Blatter.

The 79-year-old found himself under criminal proceedings from the Swiss Attorney General’s office a week ago over a £1.35million payment to UEFA chief Michel Platini and a TV rights deal with the disgraced former FIFA executive Jack Warner. Blatter denies wrongdoing.

Football Association chairman Greg Dyke believes this should now be the end of the road for Blatter.

Dyke said: ‘I think this is a game changer. It doesn’t matter what Mr Blatter says now, if the people who pay for FIFA want a change they will get a change.

FIFA PARTNERS
Adidas: The German sportswear giant is FIFA's oldest sponsor, having been a partner since 1970. Their current deal runs until 2030 and is reported to be worth up to £95million over a four-year period.

Coca-Cola: The soft drinks manufacturer has a 16-year deal which runs until 2022. It is reported to be worth an estimated £75million over a four-year period.

VISA: The global digital payments network became a top-tier sponsor in 2007 and extended its partnership until 2022.

Hyundai: The South Korean car manufacturer is FIFA's only Asian partner for the 2018 World Cup. Its deal, extended in 2010, runs until 2022 and its reported to be worth £182million.

Gazprom: The Russian state-owned gas company has a four-year deal with FIFA, including the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

'What is important is that it isn’t just about Mr Blatter standing down, it’s about making sure there is a comprehensive and effective reform programme. So for those of us who want fundamental change this is good news.’

Blatter has already announced he will be stepping down in February, but Coca-Cola said in a statement: ‘For the benefit of the game, the Coca-Cola Company is calling for FIFA President Joseph Blatter to step down immediately so that a credible and sustainable reform process can begin in earnest. Every day that passes, the image and reputation of FIFA continues to tarnish.

‘FIFA needs comprehensive and urgent reform and that can only be accomplished through a truly independent approach.’

McDonald’s added: ‘The events of recent weeks have continued to diminish the reputation of FIFA and public confidence in its leadership.

'We believe it would be in the best interest of the game for Sepp Blatter to step down immediately so the reform process can proceed with the credibility that is needed.’

VISA, who have also called for his resignation, said: 'We believe no meaningful reform can be made under FIFA's existing leadership. And given the events of last week, it's clear it would be in the best interests of FIFA and the sport for Sepp Blatter to step down immediately.'

Sponsors Hyundai, Adidas and Gazprom have not yet made any comment.

Blatter’s American lawyer Richard Cullen responded that he ‘respectfully disagrees’ and that Blatter leaving office would not be in the best interests of the game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... eform.html

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:57 am

Rotten to the core:

Sepp Blatter hit with new irregular payment claim as pressure mounts on FIFA chief

FIFA president Sepp Blatter, already under pressure to resign amid corruption allegations, has been forced to deny any knowledge of an irregular payment of €2million (£1.47m) allegedly sought on his behalf by a Japanese business executive.

Although there is no suggestion the money was paid to Blatter, the Mail on Sunday can reveal it was allegedly sought as a reward for Blatter allocating a lucrative ticket contract to a company being run by the executive in question.

In a further twist to the unfolding scandal around football’s world governing body, the MoS can also reveal that one of the men hoping to replace Blatter as FIFA president, FIFA vice-president Chung Moon-jong of South Korea, could be kicked out of the presidential race within days. Chung is believed to be close to suspension from all football activities for alleged misconduct in the bidding process for the 2022 World Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... chief.html

MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Well, the "ethics committee" have handed out their sentences to Seth Blatter and co; http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-08/b ... a-/6839458 Rather like handing a month's suspension to a player who got an opposing team member convicted when he took a dive.....but that's soccer for you.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to Friendly Banter