Red Bull Is Just Soda

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Red Bull Is Just Soda

Postby MGV12 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:31 pm

It has been conceded that Red Bull does not literally "Give you wings" ... it's benefits have however helped some to flee from justice :roll: :evil:

Red Bull Is Just Soda

A deluge of energy-drink consumers has crashed the site where anyone can claim $10—or, if they prefer, $15 worth of Red Bull. (That should be an ocean of Red Bull, or a negative amount of Red Bull, but the company is paying out according to "market price.") The offer is the result of a large class-action settlement, and it applies only to people who have purchased Red Bull in the last 12 years. But no proof of purchase is necessary.

Red Bull GmbH, the Austria-based company that sells the eponymous "energy drink," settled a lawsuit recently over false claims made in advertising the product—including that it will give a person wings. The company will pay out $13 million. The claim site went live yesterday to widespread celebration and consternation.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... da/381276/

https://rdb.gcginc.com/

Reuters.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Red Bull Is Just Soda

Postby Ians » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:34 pm

A shame the poor copper who got cleaned up didn't have wings when he was rammed by a Red Bull's arse.
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:41 pm

MGV12 wrote:It has been conceded that Red Bull does not literally "Give you wings" ... it's benefits have however helped some to flee from justice

I love the photo, all that is missing is a dead policeman in the reenactment. Do I get a prize for guessing "What is missing" in this photo competition?
The heir could claim he had wings, he's certainly "flown the coop" or is that flown the coup? He's certainly flown though and what about that expression "High as a kite", and it is whispered in circles the heir was, so it could be argued......Love that old song "I can fly", certainly applies in this case.
I wonder if all the workers I bought Red Bull for each day will be claiming "their" box? Sort of like a pro bono settlement on my behalf.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:It has been conceded that Red Bull does not literally "Give you wings" ... it's benefits have however helped some to flee from justice

I love the photo, all that is missing is a dead policeman in the reenactment. Do I get a prize for guessing "What is missing" in this photo competition?
The heir could claim he had wings, he's certainly "flown the coop" or is that flown the coup? He's certainly flown though and what about that expression "High as a kite", and it is whispered in circles the heir was, so it could be argued......Love that old song "I can fly", certainly applies in this case.
I wonder if all the workers I bought Red Bull for each day will be claiming "their" box? Sort of like a pro bono settlement on my behalf.

Not the best of reenactments as not one single person is pointing :roll:

Two years after the event where is the little turd lurking these days?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Ians » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Turd is far too polite for this little non-human life form.
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:18 pm

MGV12 wrote:Two years after the event where is the little turd lurking these days?

I believe he and Bernie E were seen together just a few weeks ago, perhaps comparing notes on settlements and talking about the injustices of the European system. Monaco of course (no embassy there it's in France), you can't expect him to slum it too much. He hasn't got too much longer to wait, about three years and then the statute of limitations runs out on all the remaining charges . And all that big talk by prosecuters and judges about it never running out at the time, but they forgot to mention that he had been charged with "lesser offences" some of which have come and gone already, only because he paid the widow 3 million baht in settlement.
It's a wonder they didn't fit up his Burmese motor pool "manager", they did try, but the public outrage was a little too much, even for that little turd. Perhaps he didn't share his crack cocaine supplies with the rest of his fellow friends in high places driving fast cars, but others would believe he was just an arrogant arsehole and would always be one.
Now I would have thought the nc*o would have had arrest warrants sent to Interpol by now, but then there is still a dispute about what he is actually charged with. 3 years and he's off scot free.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Unfortunately TIT, say no more nudge nudge wink wink
Ians

Postby MGV12 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Ians wrote:Turd is far too polite for this little non-human life form.

Although it falls way short of how most people see this piece of filth ... one acronym of TURD is 'Totally Unrespecting Rebel Driver' http://www.abbreviations.com/TURD

Where I hail from we frequently use another descriptive word ... wanker

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wanker

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Two years after the event where is the little turd lurking these days?

I believe he and Bernie E were seen together just a few weeks ago, perhaps comparing notes on settlements and talking about the injustices of the European system. Monaco of course (no embassy there it's in France), you can't expect him to slum it too much. He hasn't got too much longer to wait, about three years and then the statute of limitations runs out on all the remaining charges . And all that big talk by prosecuters and judges about it never running out at the time, but they forgot to mention that he had been charged with "lesser offences" some of which have come and gone already, only because he paid the widow 3 million baht in settlement.
It's a wonder they didn't fit up his Burmese motor pool "manager", they did try, but the public outrage was a little too much, even for that little turd. Perhaps he didn't share his crack cocaine supplies with the rest of his fellow friends in high places driving fast cars, but others would believe he was just an arrogant arsehole and would always be one.
Now I would have thought the nc*o would have had arrest warrants sent to Interpol by now, but then there is still a dispute about what he is actually charged with. 3 years and he's off scot free.

'Dear' Bernie ... you don't need to be short of stature or morals to be his 'friend' but it possibly helps.

Monaco isn't actually "in France" [per se] but I am happy to let you off on this occasion :)

MGV12

Return to Friendly Banter