The temperature is rising

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

The temperature is rising

Postby MGV12 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Reinvention works sometimes ... Kylie is a serial-reinventor ... Madonna did quite well. This member of an incredibly successful group didn't .....

The subject of this thread is however ... is it hot or what?

Today in my micro-climate in Maejo the temperature passed 40C and was heading towards 45C. Thanks to AAC it peaked at just 28C inside the house.

Simply a micro-climate affair?

Global Warming?

After-effects of the earthquake?

An exiled person getting hot under the collar when his sister was [apparently/allegedly] legally disposed?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: The temperature is rising

Postby fredlk » Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm

MGV12 wrote:Simply a micro-climate affair?

Possibly. Here on our southeastern shores it was a positively cool 28 degrees yesterday and today it's still only 29.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 pm

MGV12,
Fishing? :D
Back another 10 years.
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 pm

MGV12 wrote:An exiled person ........

I hasten to add a SELF-IMPOSED to your exiled. Convicted felon or fugitive might be even more appropriate.
fredlk

Postby thailazer » Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

MGV, that must be a micro climate. It is currently 30 here in Mae Taeng and we hit a peak of about 32-33. Nice cool overcast day with blue sky for dinner. Humidity is a bit high, but more comfortable than last week.
thailazer

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 pm

The respected newspaper tome the Wall Street Journal must have thought the temparature had risen too high.
Here's what they said: http://asiancorrespondent.com/author/bangkokpundit/
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 am

I was in a quandary where I should post this little snippet with all those other threads that sounded similar, but here will do: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-10/a ... hi/5511796
Of course it couldn't have anything to do with her being fat and overweight or the fact her family had anything to do with the outcome.

But there's an even better article (sorry can't post the location because it's deemed a naughty website) about the current junta and how they intend re-educating people who use that three fingered "salute", sign or whatever.... nothing said about the bird though, or even the forward two finger salute.
They, the educated junta, I presume, will be descending on all schools in Thailand and arresting 180,000 boy scouts in the next few days whenever they either salute or use the Boy Scout recognition sign. I wonder how they are to explain to the monarchy (initiated by King Rama 5) that even though Thailand was the fourth country in the world to embrace the Boy Scouts Association, they can no longer slaute or use the recognition sign. Perhaps the Boy Scouts in Thailand should adopt "the Bird" or even the two fingered salute each time they see soldiers/junta on the street.
I really am laughing so much. Note to myself, go easy on the medication, you'll die laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Return to Friendly Banter