spot the danger

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Spot the danger ... geeks edition

Postby MGV12 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Correct ...

Come on MGV12 if you are going to place "spot the danger" photos at least make them correct in all aspects. The photo shows a carrier based aircraft on dry land that was replaced very quickly from a F4FC Gruman Wildcat to a F6F Gruman Hellcat. It was a slow piece of junk. The Americans gave the British the ones paid for by the French when France was invaded. If I were the British I would have refused to accept them.
MGV12 wrote:Apparently no aviators amongst us.

Apparently anything goes about wrong detail......you've been looking at the arse end of too many "dangerers" me thinks.
For the aviators here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F4F_Wildcat

So sorry ... mistook this for a Friendly Banter lighthearted sort of thread :lol:

Your turn

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: spot the danger

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri May 02, 2014 7:45 pm

MGV12 wrote:So sorry ... mistook this for a Friendly Banter lighthearted sort of thread

Your turn

I believe you were the one who wanted to know if there were any aviators out there.....you might have also included military......Do not start me on the Napleonic Wars. For that matter don't start me on "the crap the military buys". :D :D Want to buy an ashtray? Depends on rank of course, Generals get the $751 ones. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Want to buy an ashtray? Depends on rank of course, Generals get the $751 ones. :lol: :lol:

Speaking of ashtrays how much is the one you're putting in little misses vehicle? Hope it's not going to be used by her. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat May 03, 2014 5:28 am

BKKBILL wrote:Speaking of ashtrays how much is the one you're putting in little misses vehicle? Hope it's not going to be used by her.

Trite, Bill very trite, the car is in my wife's name, with me the designated driver.
The Japanese ashtray, along with the Japanese cigarette lighter (optional in Thailand) are standard in most other countries, here they are "extras" unless Clarkson May and Hammond from Top Gear are driving their cars, then they become standard. Ashtrays in Jaguars and Rolls Royce are built into the car. They are there for people who smoke or to store money in, or lollipops or whatever.
I might start a "stop drinking campaign" because I don't do it. I might write to all the car companies and demand they make all their drink holders "optional extras" just so Thais can try and lie, shame, or force their narrow minded opinions on the rest of the world.
My opinion is people smoke so build in ashtrays, even if they're never used.
I own the car Bill, I paid for it and if she ever wants to smoke she can burst into flames for all I care, it's her choice. :D :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby fredlk » Sat May 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
BKKBILL wrote:Speaking of ashtrays how much is the one you're putting in little misses vehicle? Hope it's not going to be used by her.

Trite, Bill very trite, the car is in my wife's name, with me the designated driver.
The Japanese ashtray, along with the Japanese cigarette lighter (optional in Thailand) are standard in most other countries, here they are "extras" unless Clarkson May and Hammond from Top Gear are driving their cars, then they become standard. Ashtrays in Jaguars and Rolls Royce are built into the car. They are there for people who smoke or to store money in, or lollipops or whatever.
I might start a "stop drinking campaign" because I don't do it. I might write to all the car companies and demand they make all their drink holders "optional extras" just so Thais can try and lie, shame, or force their narrow minded opinions on the rest of the world.
My opinion is people smoke so build in ashtrays, even if they're never used.
I own the car Bill, I paid for it and if she ever wants to smoke she can burst into flames for all I care, it's her choice. :D :D

First of all, BMW started this trend way back when I was still a smoker. I thought it despicable then but applaud it now as it gives me an extra place to put my sweeties. :D

Secondly can we please get back on topic! Banter or not, all this aviation crap taken from Wikipedia or I'llbullshitandyouwon'tknowit.com is getting me down.

Here's one I found online at http://gal.darkervision.com/category/uncategorized/politics/page/44/:

"What’s more dangerous: Being hit by one of Victoria Beckham’s fake tits, sit in a British army jeep or be sent to an English hospital?"

early_shots_victoria_beckham-1266947038.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat May 03, 2014 1:29 pm

fredlk wrote:"What’s more dangerous: Being hit by one of Victoria Beckham’s fake tits, sit in a British army jeep or be sent to an English hospital?"

I've just noticed that whichever way you look at it it's dangerous being a Brit.
(I hope we don't get any WikiNonsense about the jeep part.)
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Sat May 03, 2014 4:11 pm

RR, Just trying to get a handle on all the extras going into the vehicle. I hear an empty beer can also works in a pinch.

Don't worry about being off topic. Fred seems to have an interest in protruding organs as of late.

Thinking about you hope all goes well today. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Guess this is back on track ....... spot the danger:

accident.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Sat May 03, 2014 6:06 pm

MGV12 wrote:Guess this is back on track ....... spot the danger:

In an accident, what will hit her in the face first, the airbag or .... ?
I don't think she'll be a pretty sight in old(er) age.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sat May 03, 2014 6:06 pm

MGV12 wrote:Guess this is back on track ....... spot the danger:

accident.jpg

.... and no safety belt, stupid woman.
fredlk

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Thinking about you hope all goes well today.

The operation is over. I've already pissed off all the nurses by going down for a smoke as soon as the drip ran out. I'll find out tomorrow about what was done and where they posted the videos.
I agree Coke cans make ideal ashtrays. The one Suzuki supplies as an "optional extra" cost just a few hundred baht, if that. I bought a lot of optional extras including the mag wheels, wide (but not wide enough) tyres, the Satnav/TV/video/stereo, all the skirts, go faster racing stripes, a car cover, keyless rubber protection cover......there was a whole list but as the car is the top model many of them were free like the backing alarm and video coverage.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to Friendly Banter