Comedy Greats

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Comedy Greats

Postby fredlk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:35 pm

My list - most probably forgotten a few:

Absolutely Fabulous (UK)
Fawlty Towers (UK)
Little Britain (UK)
Kath & Kim (Australia)
One Foot in the Grave (UK)
Blackadder (UK)
Sorry (UK)
The Vicar of Dibley (UK)
Billy Connolly (Scotland)
Woody Allen (USA)
Mel Brooks (USA)
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby sirineou » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:29 pm

JIm Jefferies
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:34 am

Just a minute Kenneth Williams
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby fredlk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Just a minute Kenneth Williams

The Goon Show.
Round the Horne.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby sirineou » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 am

Boy you guys are old.
I SAID BOY YOU GUYS ARE OLD
no no I didn;t say you were Bold
I SAID.... oh never mind :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 am

sirineou wrote:no no I didn;t say you were Bold
I SAID.... oh never mind

I can't hear you, speak up please. :D
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:00 am

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

Possibly Sirineou possibly :lol:

Two-face.jpg


Back on topic:

Monty Python
Only Fools and Horses
Dad's Army
Yes Minister
Porridge
Open all hours
Father Ted
Keeping up appearances
'Allo 'Allo
Last of the Summer Wine
Steptoe & Son
Men behaving Badly
Red Dwarf
Some Mothers do 'ave 'em
Rising Damp
The Young Ones
Till death us do part
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

That's just TV Sitcoms

Plenty more but pause for breath so the Australians and Americans [and others?] get a chance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby fredlk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am

MGV12 wrote:Monty Python
Only Fools and Horses
Dad's Army
Yes Minister
Porridge
Open all hours
Father Ted
Keeping up appearances
'Allo 'Allo
Last of the Summer Wine
Steptoe & Son
Men behaving Badly
Red Dwarf
Some Mothers do 'ave 'em
Rising Damp
The Young Ones
Till death us do part
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

Tastes differ, but of the above the only ones I agree with as great are Monty Python, maybe Keeping up appearances and 'Allo 'Allo.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 am

If you're going to list Keeping Up Appearances which I could take in small doses (The Buckets), surely To The Manor Born has to be included.
Ah, I forgot The Young Ones.........Terribly terribly sorry Nigel.
And for me to forget Yes Prime Minister and Yes Minister is criminal.
Does Top Gear get included here?
What about A Year In Provence?
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:42 pm

fredlk wrote:Tastes differ, but of the above the only ones I agree with as great are Monty Python, maybe Keeping up appearances and 'Allo 'Allo.


Even the word great can have a somewhat subjective interpretation ... if you say a person or show is great does that make them/it 'one of the greats'?

I certainly wouldn't agree with the order of this Top 20 list compiled by so-called experts:

1. Peter Cook
2. John Cleese
3. Woody Allen
4. Eric Morecambe
5. Groucho Marx
6. Tommy Cooper
7. Laurel and Hardy
8. Billy Connolly
9. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer
10. Richard Pryor
11. Chris Morris
12. Tony Hancock
13. Bill Hicks
14. Peter Sellers
15. Steve Martin
16. Ronnie Barker
17. Steve Coogan
18. Charlie Chaplin
19. Eddie Izzard
20. Paul Merton

Paul Merton but no Robin Williams? Ridiculous!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jan/02/arts.artsnews

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby fredlk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Not great but very good:
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:55 pm





I get it ... this thread is actually all about Australians [thought we had a thread for that] .... never mind ... I'm game;




Back to the Comedy Greats menu:

How about a Comedy Great with an Interviewing Great ... one of them is completely mad ... but :lol:



Or a Comedy Great with an Interviewing Great and an Intellectual Great:



And finally ... did someone mention Billy Connolly? He's been far funnier than this ......


“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby sirineou » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 am

MGV12 wrote:I get it ... this thread is actually all about Australians [thought we had a thread for that] .... never mind ... I'm game;


Is it our fault that they lend themselves so well to comedy?
I mean with all their crocodile wrestling,shrimp on the barbie eating, and Foster oilcan beer drinking, what would you expect :mrgreen:
Here is Mike Judd attempting to clear up his position on Australian life :mrgreen:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 am

sirineou wrote:
MGV12 wrote:I get it ... this thread is actually all about Australians [thought we had a thread for that] .... never mind ... I'm game;


Is it our fault that they lend themselves so well to comedy?


Yeah-nah, that'd be right mate!

But why do all the natural-born comedians in Australia end up going into politics?

Tell me how many on this long list you have even heard of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au ... _comedians

A little background whilst you are reading from a group most of us have actually heard of ... damn right mate!


“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Comedy Greats

Postby sirineou » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 am

MGV12 wrote:
sirineou wrote:
MGV12 wrote:I get it ... this thread is actually all about Australians [thought we had a thread for that] .... never mind ... I'm game;


Is it our fault that they lend themselves so well to comedy?


Yeah-nah, that'd be right mate!

But why do all the natural-born comedians in Australia end up going into politics?

Tell me how many on this long list you have even heard of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au ... _comedians

A little background whilst you are reading from a group most of us have actually heard of ... damn right mate!


Dude that's half the population!! :lol: :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
User avatar
sirineou
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
Location: USA/Thailand, khon Kaen

Next

Return to Friendly Banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest