All Things considered

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: All Things considered

Postby MGV12 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:19 pm

It's all in the timing ... some really impressive military pics here:

http://paid.outbrain.com/network/redir? ... 802e05&v=3

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Please tell me it isn't so [way past April 1st] or if not 'educate me' as to the positive benefits:

New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus

A new law has come into effect in the US state of Texas that allows students to carry concealed guns on campuses.
Students aged 21 or over who have a concealed handgun permit may take guns into classrooms, under the new law.
Texas has now become one of eight US states that allows students to carry guns into college buildings.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36948149

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Andyfteeze » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:49 pm

In your summary of the Syria situation you neglected the role Turkey has played in all this.
Sure Assad is a despot, but who was supporting the rebellion? Who actually allowed the "gas" into the country which was then blamed on Syria? Who actually funded ISIS by buying their oil? Who in the Turkish establishment was actually the leading wheeler and dealer in oil, was it the presidents son? Why were ISIS fighters treated in Turkish hospitals then sent back to fight? Look who the most effective fighters against ISIS are, Kurds. Look what Turkey is trying to do to Kurds. Could it be that ISIS was funded to destabilise Syria and attack the Kurds? Now who could possibly have tried that one on? Did we not see that one coming? Did Obama know something we weren't told about? I remember him being urged to send arms, which he resisted. I think we now know why. Good guys just appear and bad guys are so easy to spot, NOT. Al Quaida in Afganistan , remember them? Our friends against the Russians who then weren't our friends.

Looking at the " setup" coup now in progress in Turkey you have to wonder why Nato and the US still support this arsehole. Its a setup because how could you possibly have 20,000 names in two days unless you had a hit list ready at hand. you wouldn't have a hit list at hand unless you were planning to use it. Are we westerners too stupid and keep falling for this two card trick? Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi arabia, Kuwait etc etc etc. We are the supporters of dictators and other assorted nasties by default. The list is endless, we keep supporting oppressors. From the Saudis to the Israelis. We have no discriminatory policies. They are all Greek to us, lol. ( sorry Abbott and Costello)
Come to think of it, why are NATO so keen to encircle RUSSIA and limit its area of influence. Have the days of the cold war not really gone?
Why is Australia building up its maritime forces , extra $150B lol, and keeping them in China's back yard? Is that the way forward? Encircle and contain? Yet we are willing to give away our jobs to them. It makes no sense to me. We either love them or hate them, doing both at the same time is like sitting on barbed wire, bound to end in tears.
The more things change, the more the military establishment thinks the same. As long as they can pedal fear, they have a job.
The land that was invaded by white men is now scared of invasion by yellow men. What are the black men supposed to think? Sum Nham Nah !
This beats any tragedy Shakespeare could have dreamt up, by miles. And its free to view on the internet of all things. Just a few more beers and we can all join in the sing along.
Andyfteeze

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 pm

MGV12 wrote:A new law has come into effect in the US state of Texas that allows students to carry concealed guns on campuses.
Students aged 21 or over who have a concealed handgun permit may take guns into classrooms, under the new law.
Texas has now become one of eight US states that allows students to carry guns into college buildings.

Isn't it easy to forget that at the age of 19 years of age I was carrying an SLR rifle in Vietnam with 180 rounds, a couple of grenades, a couple of claymore mines and various other deadly hardware. And I bought back a .45 cal pistol with me as well, that was deadly against crocks on exercises in the outback.
And just think when I landed in Australia I was told they wouldn't give me a beer because I was too young. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:A new law has come into effect in the US state of Texas that allows students to carry concealed guns on campuses.

Isn't it easy to forget that at the age of 19 years of age I was carrying an SLR rifle in Vietnam with 180 rounds, a couple of grenades, a couple of claymore mines and various other deadly hardware. And I bought back a .45 cal pistol with me as well, that was deadly against crocks on exercises in the outback.
And just think when I landed in Australia I was told they wouldn't give me a beer because I was too young. :lol: :lol:

A very different scenario. Or are you suggesting that Americans are conducting a war of similar proportion in their back yard?

MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:00 am

MGV12 wrote:A very different scenario. Or are you suggesting that Americans are conducting a war of similar proportion in their back yard?

Nobody, least of all me knows what the Americans think. I just know I carried a pistol the whole time over there and was told to shoot a "three time loser" if he came near the house I was staying in. Their police are so out of touch with reality it makes one wonder.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:01 pm

It all makes sense .. if it works for you:

MGV12

Postby Andyfteeze » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Don't worry, the Australian government is every bit an arsehole to expats too! :lol:
Andyfteeze

Postby MGV12 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Anyone looking to upgrade their computer might like to consider ultra-upgrading:

MGV12

The New Year will be a little late this year .........

Postby MGV12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 am

2016 has been a very challenging year for many ... but we will have to endure it a little longer!

New Year delayed by one second

_93183163_hi006664199.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38470682
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MGV12

Previous

Return to Friendly Banter