All Things considered

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

All Things considered

Postby sirineou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:46 am

I just watched this documentary on world population Statistics
This guy is incredible, the video is 60 min long so budget your self some time to watch it. But if you do watch it to the end , you will not be disappointed,
it is fun and easy to watch
<Link updated - mod>
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Re: All Things considered

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:07 am

sirineou wrote:I just watched this documentary on world population Statistics
This guy is incredible, the video is 60 min long so budget your self some time to watch it. But if you do watch it to the end , you will not be disappointed,

What an excellent documentary. I regard that hour I spent watching it, as a very productive hour. The comments that followed on youtube proved that many of the people hadn't either watched the documentary, or if they had, they didn't understand it or didn't want to understand it.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I agree that it was an educational video for various reasons. I don't know where this conference took place, but it couldn't have been in the U.K. because there wasn't enough paki's or blacks in the audience.

I fail to see, though, the need to denigrate Whites in the two charts where monkeys were made out to be on average smarter.
Why compare thoughtful human responses to zero thoughtful responses (monkeys), that is, random results?

The one thing that I did glean from his statistics was that the total White population will either stay the same or most likely decrease.

Do readers think that is a good thing?
Mike Judd

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm

sirineou wrote:I just watched this documentary on world population Statistics

Agree .. very interesting perspective and an equally entertaining presenter/presentation.

Two billion more in Africa with the Chinese increasingly running the show [some call Africa China2 now!] is a tad worrying.

The Africans have never been good at creating their own destiny and it's not easy to see [for me anyway] that changing in the foreseeable future.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby sirineou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Mike Judd wrote:I agree that it was an educational video for various reasons. I don't know where this conference took place, but it couldn't have been in the U.K. because there wasn't enough paki's or blacks in the audience.

I fail to see, though, the need to denigrate Whites in the two charts where monkeys were made out to be on average smarter.
Why compare thoughtful human responses to zero thoughtful responses (monkeys), that is, random results?

The one thing that I did glean from his statistics was that the total White population will either stay the same or most likely decrease.

The comparison to Monkeys was a poor attempt at humor, you must remember the presenter is a Swede and a
Statistician , not he best combination for humor :lol:

you asked" The one thing that I did glean from his statistics was that the total White population will either stay the same or most likely decrease.
Do readers think that is a good thing
?"
I guess not for whites,it's not :lol:

For those interested The Statisticians name is Hans Rosling and he has several interesting presentations on You tube, He is a very interesting fellow and used to be a medical doctor working in Africa
He does not only talk the talk he has done the walk
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hans+rosling&sm=1
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 am

Mike Judd wrote:

What about the '60's concept of the "Melting Pot"? No mention of migrations and increasing interracial relationships and propagation ... like what we is doing man :lol:

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of Red Indian boy

Curly Latin kinkies
Mixed with yellow Chinkees
If you lump it all together
Well, you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh, what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough to take the world and all it's got
And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
And turn out coffee colored people by the score

Rabbis and the Friars
Vishnus and the Gurus
You got the Beatles or the Sun God, it's true
Well, it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
No, no no

Making Lady Favor
Mrs. Graceful
You know that livin' could be tasteful
We should all get together in a lovin' machine
I better call up the Queen
It's only fair that she knows, you know, you know

Big enough to take the world and all it's got

What we need, what we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough, big enough, big enough
To take the world and all it's got

Keep it stirring for a hundred years or more

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:29 am

sirineou wrote:The Statisticians name is Hans Rosling and he has several interesting presentations on You tube, He is a very interesting fellow and used to be a medical doctor working in Africa
He does not only talk the talk he has done the walk

You are not wrong, that is one impressive and awe inspiring Professor. Talk about destroying myths and misconceptions through practical knowledge and application.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Nobody has yet commented that the simplest solution is to maintain the population of the world at the current seven billion and in due course gradually reduce it.

The concept of keeping newborns down to two billion closes the door at one end but the profit-mongering activities of the medical profession and pharmaceutical companies leaves the door at the other end wide open. It has been the motivation of altruistic folk to reduce the number of infant deaths and that has obviously been achieved to a great extent. The documentary suggested that the message that it is not necessary to take infant mortality into account when planning [?] a family has largely been understood. However ... the door is wide open at the other end of life and the 'foot' firmly wedged in the 'jar' are those who 'practice' to be altruistic but ...... although many might claim to have a similar agenda ... the overwhelming support and encouragement they receive from the pharmaceutical giants and their allies [I would suggest] tends to compromise those possible intentions.

According to the statistics presented by the learned professor it seems clear that the increasing numbers of 'old people' are the potential ruination of our planet.

So maybe you older guys who are not functioning that well should also be altruistic and consider enabled-euthanasia. :P

MGV12

Postby sirineou » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

MGV12 wrote:Nobody has yet commented that the simplest solution is to maintain the population of the world at the current seven billion and in due course gradually reduce it.
:P

It seems my wife suggests it every time I try to get frisky , :( I dont understand it it was not that long ago before we got married that I was "hansom man" now..... :(
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:47 pm

sirineou wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Nobody has yet commented that the simplest solution is to maintain the population of the world at the current seven billion and in due course gradually reduce it.
:P

It seems my wife suggests it every time I try to get frisky , :( I dont understand it it was not that long ago before we got married that I was "hansom man" now..... :(

She is maybe just trying to keep that 'two billion' new baby thing in check ... surely you can find a way around that. :roll:

If you need some suggestions start a new thread as it could well be a popular subject :lol:

MGV12

Postby sirineou » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:03 pm

MGV12 wrote:She is maybe just trying to keep that 'two billion' new baby thing in check ... surely you can find a way around that.

If by "that" you are referring to the baby producing location of the female anatomy, I did find the other location around that,
You should see her face, :shock:
noo, noo, I am not trying that again :lol:
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:15 pm

sirineou wrote:
MGV12 wrote:She is maybe just trying to keep that 'two billion' new baby thing in check ... surely you can find a way around that.

If by "that" you are referring to the baby producing location of the female anatomy, I did find the other location around that,
You should see her face, :shock:
noo, noo, I am not trying that again :lol:

Steady my friend ... maybe it's inevitable that us guys will end up in the shiit [from a woman's perspective] but we can still exercise some degree of choice. :shock:

MGV12

Postby sirineou » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

This while surfing the web I found this news clip that might be of interest to True ISP users.
http://www.bnowire.com/2014/01/13/experts-thailands-largest-internet-service-provider-compromised/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=experts-thailands-largest-internet-service-provider-compromised

It seems ISP's True , network was compromised and users were redirected to web-sites where the hackers had vested interests. I wonder if this process could not redirect Users to dummy banking log-in pages where their banking information could be harvested.
Long article, so I will not bother copying and pasting in this post, if interested use link to article.
sirineou

Postby sirineou » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

Sorry :oops: Double postPlease see post above, not as entertaining but more informative

and now for your musical entertainment
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Whilst we are being refined :roll: let's take this thread right down the toilet :P

http://games.usvsth3m.com/crapper-mapper/

MGV12

Next

Return to Friendly Banter