Nothing like a Christmas message

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Nothing like a Christmas message

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Maybe not for the little ones .................

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Nothing like a Christmas message

Postby MGV12 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:51 am

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:46 am

<DO NOT WATCH IF OFFENDED BY STRONG 'AUSTRALIAN' LANGUAGE - mod>

I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in understanding Australians, but as it's a Christmas message I guess it goes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEe55NxFSSU

<youtube link inserted correctly for aged member then stet due to face page ... :roll: ... mod>
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:11 pm

So is this classed as humour in Australia or did I somehow get redirected to a Cricket locker room :roll:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 pm

BKKBILL wrote:So is this classed as humour in Australia or did I somehow get redirected to a Cricket locker room

The reason I posted the site on youtube, besides being "aged" (I like that word) and possibly mentally frail, was because it led to the rest of Kevin's other songs, including "You can't say c**t in Canada",<nor here - mod> which I thought you might like, but probably wouldn't on reflection. The answer is yes and no it is not an English cricket locker room. :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby sirineou » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:41 pm

BKKBILL wrote:So is this classed as humour in Australia or did I somehow get redirected to a Cricket locker room :roll:

From the Videos, I thought it was a thread about men who wear hats :?
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:25 am

It's a sign of the times In suppose. Once you wouldn't dream of saying anything stronger than "bloody " in "Company" , but now the ladies ? swear more than the men. Watching movies now days, the language ,explicit sex with either male or female coupling and bucket loads of blood , I don't think they can go any further down that road. I never realised there were so many C... Suckers and M..... F....s in this world. But then I must have lead a Sheltered life.
Mike Judd

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:22 am

Staying with the subtle innuendo style of Australian message delivery

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Having spent a few moments searching on Google [other search engines are available] I have come to the conclusion that taking the piss out of Christmas is almost unique to Australians.

Those with a vocabulary that extends beyond F and C appear to treat this festival with a little more respect ... whether it has meaning for each of us or not. Maybe as suggested on another post they need to "harden the fuck up" ... I am not a fan of Christmas but personally I hope not.

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:03 pm

This fits the bill:

5633439-large.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MGV12

Return to Friendly Banter