Life as the superior species

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:41 am

Iceland proved to be the superior species when it comes to soccer. The photo and headlines says it all. :lol: :lol:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-28/e ... tion=sport
Another Brexit you might say MGV12?
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:Iceland proved to be the superior species when it comes to soccer. The photo and headlines says it all. :lol: :lol:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-28/e ... tion=sport
Another Brexit you might say MGV12?


Iceland thoroughly deserved that win. England had some good talent on the pitch but were in disarray, disorganised and had no tactical idea

That's what happens when you give everyone's favourite grandpa the manager's job :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Australia were in the Eurovision Song Contest .. so why were they not in Euro 2016?

As I slink off with my tail between my legs I should maybe mention the rugby :wink: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36634138

Please give me time to make a fresh pot of coffee and get comfortable before you start with the excuses :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:10 am

MGV12 wrote:Australia were in the Eurovision Song Contest .. so why were they not in Euro 2016?

Simply because they weren't good enough. It all gets back to talent and using it. When Australia lost the Ashes they did so through miss-management of the selectors who still remain in place. There should have been the resignation of all the selectors and the Administrator, but it will take another severe flogging before that happens.
The rugby summary was right on the mark, new trainer/manager new thoughts and the team played as a team. Australia seem to think if they put in three talented players the rest will all perform even though second rate.
It's a little like the State of Origin where NSW selectors picked all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons. Queensland deserved to flog them. Will NSW learn? I doubt it, but at least the dirtiest player in the game has "retired" for the second time and he was their captain.
When you don't have either the pack strength, forward strength, then you need the best backs in the world. Australia went into the series with tired old has been's, claiming they gave experience to the team. It just didn't happen, neither did the training.
I can recall Australia going on "camps" where they had to work to get on the team. The word being team, working together. I cringed at the team work and the training.
One to each of us MGV12 (well two to you), I had an idea you would come back with both and am willing to accept defeat in both......I just wonder if Australia is though and heads are on chopping blocks right now.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Congratulations and Commiserations to our English colleagues

You played well and beat us in the Rugby :shock: Congratulations

You played like sh..t and your other team is currently at Charle de gaulle airport on its way home from Euro 2016 :lol: Commiserations

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:18 pm

pipoz wrote:Congratulations and Commiserations to our English colleagues

You played well and beat us in the Rugby :shock: Congratulations

You played like sh..t and your other team is currently at Charle de gaulle airport on its way home from Euro 2016 :lol: Commiserations

pipoz


Thanks Pip ..... Agreed :D and agreed :( :oops:

At least the Aussies will be able live down their failure.

The England team will be ridiculed [quite rightly] for days, weeks, months, years, decades, generations; even more so as it will be associated with Brexit.

However .... just like Britain PLC ... with the right leadership this could be the start of a much better future .... just needs someone to wipe out the existing FA :roll: :roll: :roll:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:36 pm

MGV12 wrote:
pipoz wrote:Congratulations and Commiserations to our English colleagues

You played well and beat us in the Rugby :shock: Congratulations

You played like sh..t and your other team is currently at Charle de gaulle airport on its way home from Euro 2016 :lol: Commiserations

pipoz


Thanks Pip ..... Agreed :D and agreed :( :oops:

At least the Aussies will be able live down their failure.

The England team will be ridiculed [quite rightly] for days, weeks, months, years, decades, generations; even more so as it will be associated with Brexit.

However .... just like Britain PLC ... with the right leadership this could be the start of a much better future .... just needs someone to wipe out the existing FA :roll: :roll: :roll:


Hi MGV12,

We (our Ex Ozzies) are getting use to out Rugby Team's failure. They have quite a few over the past four years, and honestly I was surprised that they got so far in the World Cup :roll:

I have no expectations that they will achieve anything in the next 3 years, and each time they play the All Blacks, I hide in my bathroom :lol: :lol: I share a house with two Kiwi's

pipoz444
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

MGV12 wrote:Thanks Pip ..... Agreed and agreed

At least the Aussies will be able live down their failure.

Should we call the English Soccer team "Soccit"? Or Socxit?
Pipoz
pipoz wrote:We (our Ex Ozzies) are getting use to out Rugby Team's failure. They have quite a few over the past four years, and honestly I was surprised that they got so far in the World Cup

I have no expectations that they will achieve anything in the next 3 years, and each time they play the All Blacks, I hide in my bathroom I share a house with two Kiwi's

pipoz444

The next time they play the All Blacks I could come over with some very high explosives. You could say you are going to the pub to drown your sorrows and I could get rid of the K1W1 problem for good. Gees, I don't think I could take two K1W1's in the same house when the rugby was on. Remember to walk around saying "Fush and chups" all the time and saying you know where two sheep and a pair of gum boots are. Don't forget to give them skipping ropes for Xmas.
I actually rather like the Kiwis (when the rugby isn't on) and can recall some memorable nights on the piss with them in Malaysia and other places
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 pm

pipoz444[/quote]
The next time they play the All Blacks I could come over with some very high explosives. You could say you are going to the pub to drown your sorrows and I could get rid of the K1W1 problem for good. Gees, I don't think I could take two K1W1's in the same house when the rugby was on. Remember to walk around saying "Fush and chups" all the time and saying you know where two sheep and a pair of gum boots are. Don't forget to give them skipping ropes for Xmas.
I actually rather like the Kiwis (when the rugby isn't on) and can recall some memorable nights on the piss with them in Malaysia and other places[/quote]

Roger, these two Kiwi's worked and lived in Australia up north for a number of year, so they are human and also house trained :roll:

Plus they pay 2/3 of the Villa rent, so I can put with any sh..t for the two - three times a year that Australia get F..k..d by the All BlackS. :lol:

pipoz
User avatar
pipoz
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Udon Thani Sometimes

Re: Life as the superior species

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 am

Move to "what lies ahead"
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Previous

Return to Friendly Banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest